• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) I did some damage testing on acid rounds vs flame rounds

mjk321

after discussing about how lackluster the acid rounds can be sometimes in the "Lack of Enemy Types" thread, I got curious and went and tested it against the 1st Birkin fight.

First, I tried only pistol rounds, I started with 125 rounds, missed 11 shots, and had to use the knife. In total, it took 65 pistol rounds and a knife.

2nd, I used all my flame rounds. It took 14 flame rounds and 1 pistol shot.

3rd, all acid rounds, which was only 6 that I found/made up to this point. It took 6 acid rounds and 34 pistol shots. (shot 38 in total, but missed 4 times :biggrin:)

lastly, just to make sure, I used only 6 flame rounds to compare it directly to acid rounds. It took 6 flame rounds, 36 pistol shots and a knife stab. ((shot 38 in total, but missed 2 times :biggrin: )

Conclusion: acid rounds are a bit stronger than flame rounds, but not too much stronger. the knife stab might have skewed the results. the adaptive difficulty might have also affected this.
also, some enemies get hurt more by acid rounds, like lickers. but others get hurt more by flame rounds, like G-spawn or plants zoms. Maybe 1st Birkin gets hurt more by flame rounds than acid, so I have to test this with other bosses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom