• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 i beat pro yay

L

Lurker
well it was ps2. try giving the adult controls to a nine year old

:)======= <- Giraffe

L

Lurker
i used infinite health and money and ammo. felt effortless. i also ran into 5 glitches

Devinelogic

I felt like a boss when I finished pro mode. It is a great feeling. I knew I was ok as soon as i finished that opening horde when you first meet the chainsaw guy. Congrats

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It took me months to beat RE4 on pro, but I didn't use Gameshark.

The hardest part for me, ironically, was in Salazar's castle where you're with Ashley and you have to go to the opposite end of the room and turn a crank, then go back and have Ashley start turning some. By the time I got here, I had almost no ammo left and a think a couple of grenades... Ultimately I ended up getting past that part though and after that it was pretty much smooth sailing.

My favorite part by far is the military base because you get very little air support, so it gave me lots of time to perfect my skills with the S75, a gun that I used almost exclusively on RE4 anyway, so I'm already good with it. It's just more fun when you have all that pressure of taking down a military base by yourself with your rifle whilst your air support is more like moral support lol.

You should try it again without cheats, it's far more satisfying :D

Devinelogic

It took me months to beat RE4 on pro, but I didn't use Gameshark.

The hardest part for me, ironically, was in Salazar's castle where you're with Ashley and you have to go to the opposite end of the room and turn a crank, then go back and have Ashley start turning some. By the time I got here, I had almost no ammo left and a think a couple of grenades... Ultimately I ended up getting past that part though and after that it was pretty much smooth sailing.

My favorite part by far is the military base because you get very little air support, so it gave me lots of time to perfect my skills with the S75, a gun that I used almost exclusively on RE4 anyway, so I'm already good with it. It's just more fun when you have all that pressure of taking down a military base by yourself with your rifle whilst your air support is more like moral support lol.

You should try it again without cheats, it's far more satisfying :D

That bit with ashley in the water room ****ed me off too. Its because the enemies come from all sides so they are in front and behind you. I take out the archers first and just go from there. That bit irritates me more than the bit where she does the cranks because all the enemies are in front of you and they do become manageable.

I got through the military base bit by the skin of my teeth. I know I started it with 1 green herb and no other healing items. I finished it on yellow and with no rifle ammo left which was awkward because the next area had a regenerator in it. I ended up blowing its leg off and running past it. :p

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I attempted Professional Mode three times.

1) GameCube
2) Wii edition
3) HD

1. This attempt was a colossal failure. I ended up saving at a certain bridge after unjamming the gears of a tower and WAY too low on resources to fight the two Garradors ahead of me. I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I beat Professional Mode and got nothing.

2. This time was much better. Not only did I have the pointer technology to help me, but I also had Special 2, which meant I could use every herb on myself! Definitely my biggest problem in the GameCube version was having to share herbs, the Waterhalls of Chapter 3-1 in particular with all those cheap shots from flaming crossbows hitting Ashley.

3. This attempt harkened back to my GameCube days. Only difference was I was wearing that helpful Special 2 outfit and there was a reward. Took significantly longer than Wii edition, but I did it! ("It" can suck my dick.)

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
At the risk of sounding like a dick, I don't think RE4 is that difficult on Pro. Maybe because I have beaten it 1000 times, but I don't have trouble at all on any difficulty with no special weapons.

There are always the same difficult parts in the game where there is a higher random chance of getting killed or Ashley getting killed, but for the most part, you can clear the game with no deaths if you're careful. I am the kind of person that will do the same part over and over again until I perfect it.

On Pro, the hardest parts for me to perfect are:

-Any time you have to run away from a boulder, I think there are two instances, sometimes I don't react quickly enough.

-Two pathways after defending the house. I usually do both to get the money, but the El Gigantes sometimes cause me a lot of grief and because Ashley is with me, she gets in the way sometimes. I would suggest to just go towards the chainsaw ladies instead of the giants.

-Castle part where you have to protect Ashley while either you or she lower the stairs, then you have to protect her while she runs around and cranks platforms from under the water.

-Part with two blind claw dudes at the same time.

and maybe some Island parts.

Good job though, Pro is quite the feeling for a game you really like. In RE4 actually, I think the higher difficulty is nice. Many games mess it up by making it unreasonably hard, but RE4 does it well and it's hard to tell what they do exactly. I think the enemy health is increased and they also do more damage. Maybe they drop less stuff as well?

KevinStriker

-Part with two blind claw dudes at the same time.

When you know what you're doing, that part is really fun. I love pulling out the Broken Butterfly and fighting them with 'Duel' from the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack blasting away in the background.

AdaWait

Yeah I've developed some methods, but it depends on how quickly you kill the other dudes. I sometimes just buy a rocket and shoot one right of the start. I do that for Salazar every time.

KevinStriker

Yeah I've developed some methods, but it depends on how quickly you kill the other dudes. I sometimes just buy a rocket and shoot one right of the start. I do that for Salazar every time.

If it's not Wii edition or the GameCube version (where I don't have to shoot the eye to expose Salazar), I just buy a rocket for Salazar too. I'd rather spend 30,000 and then get 50,000 then have to fight my way through the island with hardly any ammo.

AdaWait

Yeah I've only ever played the PS2 and 360 edition, although from what I've seen, the Gamecube edition had way smoother transitions from quicktime events to cut scenes. On PS2, whenever you do a quicktime event, it freezes for a second.

Top Bottom