• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) HUNK - questions about lore, theories and rumors

Ag_Hunnigan

Over the years, Hunk has become one of my favorite characters and I am one of those guys/girls who think he deserves more screentime.
I recently discovered an app that allows you to create your own comic book, something I've always wanted to do, and I used RE images to play around with it. It was so much fun that I have decided to create a fan comic dedicated to the 4th Survivor and what he has been doing in RC between Operation Nestwrecker and his legendary escape.
( If you want to check out the first few pages, you can do so, here: https://www.deviantart.com/aghunnigan/gallery/92084371/resident-evil-comic-4th-survivor ) Anyway ...

I did some extensive research on Hunk's character, during which I came across the wildest theories and rumors, from Hunk being Chris' father to him actually being Billy Cohen. While some things are clearly fan made fantasies, others made me think, and I would like to hear your thoughts, opinions, or knowledge about them.

1. HUNK is an acronym for Human Unit Never Killed

I stumbled across this so many times that I am wondering if I missed something. (Not entirely impossible since I haven't kept up with RE in a few years.) Personally, I think it doesn't make sense. Everyone can only die once (unless you're Wesker ;-) ), so technically, every living person is a "HUNK." Anyone know where that came from?

2. Hunk became a mercenary and developed the C.Q.B.Z fighting style

I haven't played 3D Mercinaries and Umbrella Corps, so I was wondering if there is anything about this in those games or if this is merely an educated guess.

Hunk's appearances in RE4 "The Mercenaries" and Revelations 1 and 2 suggest he did become a mercenary, but his attitude towards mercinaries in ORC kind of makes me question it. Just a thought ...

3. Hunk and Nicolai are rivals

This is a very interesting tidbit. I haven't been able to track the source of this statement or anything that goes into detail, but maybe one of you knows more about this rivalry?

4. Bella

I know, I know ORC isn't canon. Still, she is mentioned in Hunk's psychological evaluation, so I do consider her a part of his story. Personally, I have already made up my mind about who she is and what she means to him, but I'd love to hear your theories.

Moving on to more speculative topics ...

5. Hunk's age

I have (of course) not been able to find anything about Hunk's birthday, but I did come across a discussion on YouTube where people were asked to post their guesses. It was interesting to see how differently Hunk was perceived. The comments ranged from 25 to about 45 years old.

Judging by the RE3 epilogue picture and his overall performance in the game, I'd say Hunk is in his early 30s. Also, seeing as the other known USS members are all between 29 and 38 years old, it is very likely that Hunk is about the same age. So, what' is your guess?

6. Hunk's career

This was also an interesting discussion on YouTube: What has Hunk been doing before he joined the USS?

Most people had an idea similar to mine: He was military, possibly special forces. But what or where exactly differed quite a bit. I even found a video where someone claimed Hunk had been one of the USS soldiers who assassinated James Marcus. Not gonna say that guy is wrong, but ... he's wrong ;-p.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your replays. You can dump pretty much anything about Hunk in here—lore, rumors, links with information, or your own theories—anything at all.

Top Bottom