• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How long have you been a fan?

black 93

My dad had RE2 on his PS1 when i was 5. I played it a ton and loved it but was too young to really get it and by the time RE3 came around, my kid attention span had moved on. Wasn't really till i got remake on gamecube i wanna say around 2007. Me and my friend spent hours on that game, slowly unlocking the mansion. I remember the excitement of finding a new key and thinking ohhhhh i can unlock all those door's now! Them i got RE4 on the Wii and that game made me flip out and fall in love with the series. I got RE5 day one and after that i started to explore the past of the series. Now i Own them all, beat them all, and no series has ever impacted me as much as this one. It's nowhere near as good as it used to be, the only things iv truly enjoyed since 2012 are Rev 2 and Remake 2, but im optimistic right now.

1995umk3

Since the 90s when I was in elementary school, think I was in 4th grade or something. I remember the whole thing, a friend let me borrow it because he has completed it and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about with this game I never heard of "RESIDENT EVIL"

I had to return it the next day, It was really scary and I died on the first zombie encounter with kenneth, I had no idea how to move around the game because everytime i did, my character would just move in circles.

Learning to move in the original trilogy was hard to learn, but I'm glad I got it down because I like the original trilogy.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I already answered this question earlier - but I can also remember the first time I HEARD of Resident Evil. I was like 9 or so and I walked past the sign for RE2 in the window of the Electronics Boutique in my mall. My friend Lewis said he couldn't wait to get it. And I told him I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies. I remember REALLY wanting to play it, but not knowing how my parents would ever let me!

To find out what happens next, find my original post in this thread.

And 1995umk3, that's a pretty great story. Moving with the tank controls was NOT an easy feat for people of our age at the time. haha

Benarah89

Staaaaaars!
i remember my dad playing RE1 when I was a kid (seems like forever ago). I remember seeing the first zom turning his head the mansion hall and that was an all time NOPE moment for me. Id hide behind things when he’d play, then my sister started playing RE2 and-still to this day-I fear being near semi-trucks while driving in fear of the driving turning and ramming into my car!

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
4 years. I got into Resident Evil franchise with RE4 in 2015 after getting disappointed with DMC4 Special Edition. ( The game was still a half game and I remember being extremely disappointed with this decision due to DMC4 being my 1st DMC game and having a special place in my heart. )

After finishing RE4 and liking the hell out of it, I eventually bought RE5 and finished that too. I remember getting disappointed and having frustrating situations with it which was mainly due to partner AI and the game didn't feel as satisfying to play as RE4.

Some time passed; and I wanted to buy RE6 and check the reviews for it. However the reviews were really mixed; it was a situation similar to DMC2 / DmC, the games that I found terrible and hated with a passion. Since RE5 was disappointing after playing RE4, the reviews kept me away from the game along with the franchise for a couple years until RE7 was released.

With the release of RE7, I bought the game and finished it. I remember enjoying the game more than RE5; ( but not as much as RE4 ) but I remember getting confused about the story. It had such a weird tone to it and I couldn't explain it to myself until I replayed RE games. ( Of course my enjoyment drastically decreased unlike RE5 which grew more on me after replaying RE games a couple of times. )

Before the release of RE2 Remake; I finished playing all mainline RE games and my reason for getting interested into playing more RE games was TGBS' " Why RE6 is awesome? " video. I wanted to try RE6 but before that; I wanted to know what happened in RE timeline pre-2004 so I played Remake, RE2 and RE3. ( I played the last 2 on an emulator. ) I liked the hell out of those games and after playing those; I bought and played RE6. To my big surprise; I also liked that game and it felt like an improvement over RE5 in many ways, including in Chris' campaign which I felt wasn't as fun to play as other campaigns.

After that, I learned there were more mainline RE entries other than numbered entries and also finished them before the release of RE2 Remake. Only really liked RECV; RE0 and Revelations were extremely boring. RE1 was good but didn't age that well and Revelations 2 had some fun parts, mostly in Barry's campaign.

Eventually I played RE2 Remake after the game got released and it was kind of a disappointment.

Top Bottom