• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How hard is REmake on Gamecube in comparison to earlier game? Specifically on normal mode?

BarkeyForeman

Pazazu's most devout follower
I heard REmake is much easier than Director's Cut even on hardest difficulty. So I'm a bit worried about having the game too easy on my first try.

I already beaten Director's Cut on Arranged using Chris and I also beaten RE2 recently with Claire on Hardest. In addition I beaten RE3 years ago on Hard and I only had to do one playthrough without restarting a new game on CV when I played during the same period.

So I ask if REmake (Gamecube version specifically) would be too easy for me? SHould I go ahead and download a save file that already has the toughest difficulty unlocked? I don't want to beat it first on Normal because it'd make later playthroughs on tougher difficulty too easy after I learned item and enemy placements and events on Normal.

So before I rebeat RE3 and CV what do you recommend RE vets? I must point out I never played REmake before and I thought Chris's Arranged mode was challenging in DC but Hard mode in RE2 PC was quite easy (even if it was far more challenging than previous releases and I found it satisfying enough to satisfy my competitive urge). In addition RE3 on hard , even if much more challenging thus far than RE2 on hard, I still find quite easy. Enough I've already left the RPD despite just starting earlier this afternoon today.

So is Normal enough to challenge a vet like me? Or should I go ahead find a way to unlock the hardest difficulty via save file or what not when I start on the game?

BioLence

If you can get a save file with a ¨once again¨ save just play it on Hard. Also, i want to mention that REmake gamecube runs a lil faster than REmaster but is not very noticeble. I was comparing it one time and in rooms where crimson heads will immediately attack you upon entering happened faster on GC. Crimson heads tend to get stuck in places on REmaster where GC doesn´t. Also, even tho REmaster looks visually cleaner, GC ver is richer. The visual effects are more realistic and moody on GC. Yes, GC is the best ver of this game. Oh and another thing, Hunters and Chimeras are much more dangerous in the original RE1. Oh and another thing :biggrin: Hunter´s models are bigger on REmaster compared to GC and the Hunters AI is more agressive on REmaster.

RE2 on Normal is not a challenge at all. You need Dreamcast or PC ver for nightmare mode. If you don´t have those i recommend playing Normal -No healing, shotgun or machine gun only runs-, same for RE3, but the choices for weapons in Nemesis may vary.

BarkeyForeman

Pazazu's most devout follower
If you can get a save file with a ¨once again¨ save just play it on Hard. Also, i want to mention that REmake gamecube runs a lil faster than REmaster but is not very noticeble. I was comparing it one time and in rooms where crimson heads will immediately attack you upon entering happened faster on GC. Crimson heads tend to get stuck in places on REmaster where GC doesn´t. Also, even tho REmaster looks visually cleaner, GC ver is richer. The visual effects are more realistic and moody on GC. Yes, GC is the best ver of this game. Oh and another thing, Hunters and Chimeras are much more dangerous in the original RE1. Oh and another thing :biggrin: Hunter´s models are bigger on REmaster compared to GC and the Hunters AI is more agressive on REmaster.

RE2 on Normal is not a challenge at all. You need Dreamcast or PC ver for nightmare mode. If you don´t have those i recommend playing Normal -No healing, shotgun or machine gun only runs-, same for RE3, but the choices for weapons in Nemesis may vary.

Whats the difference with the RE2 PC's Hard and the Dreamcast Nightmare? I already unlocked the extra difficulty on RE2 using an in-program hack and **** t was challenging enough that I had to conserve ammo, skip zombies, and maneuver around enemies. Man its so ****ing different when Zombies take 20 shots to kill and Lickers can kill you with several tongue strikes! With that said, I heard the Dreamcast version gave Nightmare for Arranged and it was the Original mode that had Hard mode. Rumors on the internet claim Arranged's Nightmare is a bit more difficult than the Hard Mode of Original and the PC (PC only has Hard difficulty as unlockable for Arranged and Original). How true is this?

Even with Hard requiring zombies 20 shots, it was still easy at least with Leon because of the Shotgun (with Claire it could actually reach RE DC Arranged difficulty at times).

I knew that Hunters would be lose dangerous considering videos show they removed the Hunter's ability to behead you in REmake. So you're saying I won't need magnum to kill Hunter's in the REmake? Because I had to use a lot of my magnum ammo in the Director's Cut Arranged since they were so ****ing fast even with auto aim and Shotgun doesn't take them down before they close in! Is HD Remaster as aggressive as Director's Cut Hunters?

Can Dolphin emu use save files you find on the internet?

BioLence

Whats the difference with the RE2 PC's Hard and the Dreamcast Nightmare? I already unlocked the extra difficulty on RE2 using an in-program hack and **** t was challenging enough that I had to conserve ammo, skip zombies, and maneuver around enemies. Man its so ****ing different when Zombies take 20 shots to kill and Lickers can kill you with several tongue strikes! With that said, I heard the Dreamcast version gave Nightmare for Arranged and it was the Original mode that had Hard mode. Rumors on the internet claim Arranged's Nightmare is a bit more difficult than the Hard Mode of Original and the PC (PC only has Hard difficulty as unlockable for Arranged and Original). How true is this?

Even with Hard requiring zombies 20 shots, it was still easy at least with Leon because of the Shotgun (with Claire it could actually reach RE DC Arranged difficulty at times).

I knew that Hunters would be lose dangerous considering videos show they removed the Hunter's ability to behead you in REmake. So you're saying I won't need magnum to kill Hunter's in the REmake? Because I had to use a lot of my magnum ammo in the Director's Cut Arranged since they were so ****ing fast even with auto aim and Shotgun doesn't take them down before they close in! Is HD Remaster as aggressive as Director's Cut Hunters?

Can Dolphin emu use save files you find on the internet?

PC´s Hard is the same as Nightmare on Dreamcast. Don´t know if Dreamcast is harder tho. Claire might be harder because of the weapons and the fact that she doesn´t get healed by her partner half way through the game like Leon does.

Once you know how Hunters work in REmake, they´re basically chickens standing there waiting to get shot. You can kill them with Beretta no problem but i don´t recommend on the 1st run :lol: Beware tho, they can still 1 hit kill you, decapitation is replaced by a slit throat, You can cancel their 1 hit kill attacks with 1 Beretta shot lol. You can also cancel their jumps with one Beretta shot. REmaster hunters are more agressive than GC but nowhere near DC. One thing i find very funny about REmake hunters is that when you enter a room, and they haven´t noticed you yet, if you come out of a corner and show up on their face they´ll briefly get scared of you and jump back a lil in shock only to immediately get angry and attack you LMAO!!

Top Bottom