• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 How Are Deaths Calculated In Terms of Ashley?

Gamer Bhoy

I'm trying to do a deathless run and I've been doing really well up 'til this point. I've just started Chapter 3 and I'm draggin Ashley along with me. She was being carried away by a zealot when I tried to shoot him and accidentally killed Ashley. For some reason I'm also trying to do as low-a-number of typewriter saves as I can so my last save is pretty far back.

As I write this thread, I've left my game on the 'Continue? Yes/No' screen. My question is, will Ashley's death (by me or any other means) be counted as a death on the end-of-chapter screen? If it doesn't count, then I can just continue from the last checkpoint which will save me a lot of time, otherwise I'll have to go all the way back to the beginning of my last save, which is a good 15-20 minutes. Doesn't sound long but I'll also have to re-buy the items I currently have and reorganise my attache case, and that's just headache-inducing.

Sorry for the long-winded version of a simple question.

First time here on the Forum, by the way. :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Welcome to the forums!!

So I haven't finished RE4 so I'm probably not the person to answer but I did a rather shallow Google search for your question and found that, apparently, Ashley dying does count. (This is from the game FAQs forum, however so take that with a grain of salt if you wish.)

According to XBox Achievements if you're playing the HD version the suit of armor makes her invincible so you don't have to worry about her.

I've linked both sources below so you can check them out yourself and decide how reliable they are since I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Death info.

Ashley armor info.

Hope this helped.

Gamer Bhoy

Yeah, I saw that GameFAQs thread. I noticed he said he "thinks" it counts, so I couldn't full go with it. I asked on a community page on PSN about 5 minutes ago, and someone responded with a simple "yes", in that her dying will count towards "Number of Times Killed". So looks like I'm doing a lot more babysitting than I was hoping.

Top Bottom