• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Help! Found a bug and cannot advance? Can't get 'Defend Jill' cut scene to trigger

Heretolose2016

I've reached the scene where you must defend Jill by clearing out the hospital ward as you're attacked by a wave of zombies and some betas. I have tried this one half a dozen times and cleared the room, but I cannot get the subsequent cut scene, where zombies come crashing through the door and you are prompted to blow up the room, to trigger. I have watched the scene dozens of times on Youtube and cannot see what I'm doing wrong.

As I've reached the end of this fight, Carlos says something like "now I gotta clean up", so I guess that's a clue, but I cannot see what to do. Everything in the room is dead, I have picked up all the items and yet all I can do is run around the forever as the zombies bang on the door.

What am I doing wrong?

D

Deleted member 21244

I've reached the scene where you must defend Jill by clearing out the hospital ward as you're attacked by a wave of zombies and some betas. I have tried this one half a dozen times and cleared the room, but I cannot get the subsequent cut scene, where zombies come crashing through the door and you are prompted to blow up the room, to trigger. I have watched the scene dozens of times on Youtube and cannot see what I'm doing wrong.

As I've reached the end of this fight, Carlos says something like "now I gotta clean up", so I guess that's a clue, but I cannot see what to do. Everything in the room is dead, I have picked up all the items and yet all I can do is run around the forever as the zombies bang on the door.

What am I doing wrong?
Did you put the detonator on the explosive?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
There are two actions that must be triggered in this sequence.

I assume you did the first: Turn the power back on.

And then the second: Place the detonator on the C4 on the pillar. This will give a 30 second time limit to the finish although this can be delayed so you can rack up extra kills too.

Heretolose2016

There are two actions that must be triggered in this sequence.

I assume you did the first: Turn the power back on.

And then the second: Place the detonator on the C4 on the pillar. This will give a 30 second time limit to the finish although this can be delayed so you can rack up extra kills too.

Heretolose2016

Yes, I did the first and turned the power back on. And you cannot do anything with the explosives until after the cut scene has been triggered. That's when Tyrell tells you to blow up the pillar. Until then, interacting with the C4 doesn't do anything

Heretolose2016

Did you put the detonator on the explosive?
You can't put the detonator on the explosive until after the cutscene is triggered. At that point Tyrell directs you to blow the room up. Before the cut scene, you can pick up the explosives but you cannot place it until after the cutscene is triggered.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
When Carlos says "I guess I have to clean up" usually something in the room is not dead. Check the room where you turn the power back on and make sure the zombie that drops down from the ceiling is dead. Also make sure that you don't have any Nemesis-head zombies that are lying on the floor. They will disappear in a little explosion of blood when they're dead but if they're just lying there you haven't killed him.

If everything is truly dead AND you cut the power back on AND you have the donator in your inventory, you might have to reload your last save to get the cutscene to trigger that will allow you to place the detonator on the column.

Heretolose2016

When Carlos says "I guess I have to clean up" usually something in the room is not dead. Check the room where you turn the power back on and make sure the zombie that drops down from the ceiling is dead. Also make sure that you don't have any Nemesis-head zombies that are lying on the floor. They will disappear in a little explosion of blood when they're dead but if they're just lying there you haven't killed him.

If everything is truly dead AND you cut the power back on AND you have the donator in your inventory, you might have to reload your last save to get the cutscene to trigger that will allow you to place the detonator on the column.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I was already reloading to my last save and had tried again seven or eight times, and kept having the same problem.

But the last time I did it, I tried not to retreat to the room that opens up when the hunter comes in (except to pick up the items), which I'd been doing every other time (successfully). Instead I stayed mainly outside of that room, and that seem to trigger the cutscene at last.

So, in short, there seems to be a bug if you reach the end of the scene while being in the room behind the front desk.

Top Bottom