• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help Determining Rarity of this Resident Evil 1 Windows 95 CD-Rom Game

Rain611

You can't kill me.
In this site already more information, even shows the box in which it was launched: https://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lostreleases/item.php?id=regame_re1-pc-asi1

I recently sold my Resident Evil 2 for PC, also a Hong Kong version for $ 100. There is no sale on eBay.

True, it does show the box in which it was launched, but the link you supplied is literally just pictures. It still doesn't imply how rare the game is. For example if it was a limited run, a promotional thing, etc. This still does nothing to provide actual value or rarity.

The fact that you sold RE2 for $100 is more of a valid indicator of value than that link in my opinion. However, this still does nothing to determine actual rarity.

gundstaff

True, it does show the box in which it was launched, but the link you supplied is literally just pictures. It still doesn't imply how rare the game is. For example if it was a limited run, a promotional thing, etc. This still does nothing to provide actual value or rarity.

The fact that you sold RE2 for $100 is more of a valid indicator of value than that link in my opinion. However, this still does nothing to determine actual rarity.
Actually, it is a rare item but it is not easy to measure, we have no manufacturing data to compare but it was certainly manufactured less than the American, European or Japanese version. I believe that the amount I sold was to sell quickly, if I had put the sale on eBay I would have achieved a higher value, but it is very bureaucratic to sell to other countries. I've never seen this box for sale, the box is like Japan's but in English. The 2 had the American box and in English, I consider this version of the 2 to have the most beautiful art on the disc of all released, in the photos you can not see this quality of the disc finish, it was really a Platinum finish far superior to the versions from other countries.

Steve Wonda

Hey guys. I was doing some more digging through depths of the internet and actually found one that sold on eBay. It looks like it was a 'Buy it Now' set price so we don't know what one would bid up to if it were on auction format. Or the seller could have listed it for much much more and it may have still sold. I don't have the big box for mine and my inserts are a bit funky, but disc is pretty much mint.

Completed eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Resident-Evil-1-Asia-PC-CD-ROM-Windows-Big-Box-/324069892671?hash=item4b7412223f:g:6F8AAOSwRg9eQst7&nma=true&si=VbxmMt9kkZzgtTVA9Drz%2B4L8TvU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I have to agree with @Rain611. There's just not enough info about this release to really say how much it's worth, without knowing how many were produced, etc... I do a ton of researching rare and odd items on the internet as I sell just about anything I can get my hands on. This odd RE1 release is up there with some of the longest toughest searches I've ever done trying to find any real solid info about something.

And hey, thanks to all who did some researching and commenting on this. I posted this same type of thread on like 4 other RE or gaming sites and this is the only one that got any attention that actauly helped at all. And @gundstaff, yes the art on the disc is awesome. My favorite over all others that I've seen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom