• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hello!

Moonlight_Sonata

Massive fan since the mid-90's here, which should out me as old for everyone discovering these games through the remakes. I bought (or more accurately, traded lots of Super NES games for) RE1 in the original long case (with the incredible lab scene on the inner casing) a few days after reading a review in GamePro and played it over and over throughout the summer between sixth and seventh grade. Or maybe seventh and eighth. Who knows. A few years later, when RE2 came out, I became so obsessed that I built a model of the police station out of cardboard and clay, complete with miniature green herbs situated in their appropriate locations. I had all the Toy Biz figures and later got most of the Palisades figures and, at some point, was making character art tee shirts with some of those rudimentary iron-on printing sheets for PC printers. I still probably have all of the figures at my mom's house, though I have a Toy Biz Leon and Palisades Leon in my apartment. Both have been displayed somewhere in my home since college.

I lost a lot of interest with RE4, since it deviated from a lot of what I loved about the series up to that point. RE5 really stretched my patience, and I never even finished RE6. I didn't play much of anything after that, though I've tried to at least keep up on what's coming out.

Recently, I got a PS4 after not playing any video games for years and years and my brother encouraged me to try the RE2 remake. I was skeptical, but I played it and fell in love with it all over again. As stubbornly devoted as I am to the original game, I have to admit that this new one is a pretty breathtaking feat and captures almost everything I loved about the old games while updating the visual presentation. I finished Leon's first run a few days ago and am almost finished with Claire's now; it's the first time I've finished a non-sports/non-fighting game since probably 2006 or 2007.

I've been looking back on what's been released since I lapsed and think I'm probably going to end up grabbing everything I missed, just for the sake of catching up on the storyline. I guess I have to try to get through RE6 and then the two Revelations games actually look more intriguing.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting. I suspect I'll mostly chime in about old stuff like the retro games and merchandise, but I'm hoping I eventually fall in love with some of the more modern additions, too.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Golly - what an introduction! Hello there and welcome to the forum!

V-Jolt

Hello and welcome.
I can relate to the apprehension of the Resident Evil 2 remake as I too was borderline obsessed withe original in 90's.
Capcom however, did a cracking job.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Welcome to the forums! Besides digging your username, what a nice REsume you've got there! I'm definitely on the same page as you when it comes to the classic games, I've always considered the story and general atmosphere of the first 3 games to be the best.

Top Bottom