• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardest Puzzles?

greaterbadass

The Strategic One
Resident Evil 3. The water sample puzzle had me stumped for about 2 hours! The Vaccine puzzle was also really annoying.

Mr Sunshine

RE3 has the hardest puzzles because they are random.

They are the hardest though even in the first try. I found the vaccine one in the hospital the hardest.

Apart from that, I had some difficulty in the cards puzzle in RE 2, where Mr.X bursts through the wall. I didn't know what the names of the figures mean in English! :lol:

I haven't completed RE CV though and I don't know its puzzles

Dos

The few puzzles in RE4 are mostly very simple. Think of the one to open Mendez's house, for example. Two correct turns and you're in. The one behind the village church to get the Green Catseye was mildly annoying until I figured out the sequence and also exactly what shapes I was meant to be aiming for. The one you do as Ashley in Chapter 3-4 has the potential to get people stuck for a long time if they get the initial moves wrong, but as long as you know the correct sequence it can easily be done in less than ten seconds. And about the only other one I can think of is in Chapter 5-1, with the door to open the operating room- right before the encounter with the first Regenerator- and that was a total no brainer. So yeah, puzzles-wise, RE4 is a bit of a non-event. RE3 certainly had some tough ones, though.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;71468 said:
The few puzzles in RE4 are mostly very simple. Think of the one to open Mendez's house, for example. Two correct turns and you're in. The one behind the village church to get the Green Catseye was mildly annoying until I figured out the sequence and also exactly what shapes I was meant to be aiming for. The one you do as Ashley in Chapter 3-4 has the potential to get people stuck for a long time if they get the initial moves wrong, but as long as you know the correct sequence it can easily be done in less than ten seconds. And about the only other one I can think of is in Chapter 5-1, with the door to open the operating room- right before the encounter with the first Regenerator- and that was a total no brainer. So yeah, puzzles-wise, RE4 is a bit of a non-event. RE3 certainly had some tough ones, though.
I can't remember any puzzles with Ashley.. :huh: Unless you mean where she has to press buttons to open doors? That is so easy and straight forward that I don't think of it as a puzzle.

The one behind the village church can be a little tricky, but so far I found the puzzle in the castle gallery to be the most tricky. It's the room after the gatling gun red Zealot.

Dos

Romero;71474 said:

I can't remember any puzzles with Ashley.. :huh: Unless you mean where she has to press buttons to open doors? That is so easy and straight forward that I don't think of it as a puzzle.

The one behind the village church can be a little tricky, but so far I found the puzzle in the castle gallery to be the most tricky. It's the room after the gatling gun red Zealot.

No the bit I mean is that pitch black room in Chapter 3-4 with the Armaduras standing on the wall (they're inactive at this point), where there's a puzzle with nine squares, but only eight are placed on the puzzle and they are placed incorrectly, so you have to rearrange them so that the ninth square (which Ashley picked up in the room with the switch-controlled doors- I think it's called the Stone Tablet) can be placed correctly. This then opens up the door to another dark room where one of the ornaments (for the door you open in Chapter 4-1), a gold bangle and the Salazar family insignia are located- and when you pick up the insignia, that's when the Armaduras suddenly come to life and try and murder Ashley.

Know what I'm talking about now?

The puzzle in Chapter 3-2 in the gallery is easy, just press 1,2,3 and then 4 in order and that will open the door.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;71476 said:
Know what I'm talking about now?
Of course, how could I forget that one. :rolleyes: I don't remember how tricky it was, but I think it was more or less tricky.

The puzzle in Chapter 3-2 in the gallery is easy, just press 1,2,3 and then 4 in order and that will open the door.
It's easy when you know it. Less easy before you learn it. I was a bit frustrated with it haha.

Iced Digger

The 2 outbreak games had some irritating puzzles... actually, the games themselves were irritating :lol:

The infamous water sample puzzle is a pain as well.

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
In my opinion, the hardest puzzle in the series is the stupid one in RE4 with Ashley and the stone tablet. I hated that one. I also agree that outbreak (and file 2) are not that fun...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
aintnoscrub;71764 said:
i hated outbreak so much, i literally sold it the day after i bought i back in the day.

OMG that must have been quite a disappointment!

What type of gameplay are the Outbreak games?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
they don't follow any story really just scenarios you have to complete. I didn't realise this when I made the purchase, at the time I was hoping for a whole new resident evil game, not 'mini game' as they were. I suppose some would argue there worth playing, I just found the smeared the good resident evil name

GazSi

3's water sample one got me back in the day, i can do it easy now as got a diagram with all soulutions lol

cv had a hard one, family paintings,

remake had one or 2 iirc

Top Bottom