• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Grand Theft Auto 5

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
im only getting it to play GTA online, i dont really like GTA campaigns to be honest, lots of fetch missions. Online looks to be a good laugh shame its only 16 players!

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
This game is selling out fast over here. Hopefully I can grab a copy tomorrow, if there are any left. Really should of pre-ordered this one.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm not very far into it, but I'm definitely digging this game. Not much more to say on the subject, I'm afraid!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah seems alright, not as much hype deserved as it got! Pretty decent!
One thing that ****ed me off- the aiming speed is too slow. After all the hype about improved aiming and controls, i still think the characters handle badly and turn very slowly. They almost seem to turn faster while zoom aiming and slower when not aiming! (wrong way round).
Sorry i am just too fussy about aiming and shooting controls!
The actual game seems fantastic.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I love it cause I am seriously F-ing shiz up I killed myself like 4 times in cars cause I hit like a sign in the Highway causing me to do like 4 Barrel rolls mid-air

Let's not mention Motorcycles....

I Can't wait to rob banks and all that on GTAVO

Reactions: Jen

Some Nights

No Shape
Took me a few missions to get into the game but I'm definitely enjoying it now. Driving is particularly jarring after the last title (it almost feels like you're constantly driving on ice) but everything else is generally improved from IV.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Took me a few missions to get into the game but I'm definitely enjoying it now. Driving is particularly jarring after the last title (it almost feels like you're constantly driving on ice) but everything else is generally improved from IV.

That's when you touch grass with a non-offroad vehicle. Still excited for GTAVO time to F some shiz up!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content." :/

This game is turning a profit a couple of days after launch, seems Rockstar is doing something right...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content." :/

This game is turning a profit a couple of days after launch, seems Rockstar is doing something right...
It's made them loads, they earned their money back just on preorders alone apparently :p I'm enjoying it so much, you can tell they've really put the effort in, even the small details are there. :)

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Yea they made 1 billion $ in the 1st 3 days of sales.

Here are some amusing screens.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

trevor_1_zps46ca3ca2.jpg

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Is there any connections back to older GTA games? I don't think I've heard the names of the three main characters before.

In earlier games there were gangs, the characters in this game looks too old for that, but are they connected with the mafia? Or are they completely independent gangsters?

Turo602

The King of Kings
Is there any connections back to older GTA games? I don't think I've heard the names of the three main characters before.

In earlier games there were gangs, the characters in this game looks too old for that, but are they connected with the mafia? Or are they completely independent gangsters?

The GTA games are split into two universes at the moment. The original universe contains Vice City, San Andreas, and III with their respective spin-offs. The current universe, referred to as the "HD universe" by Rockstar, is made up of GTA IV and V so far. So this game will have no ties to any game prior to IV.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

There are only very slight connections to older games. I'll say now that there are very mild spoilers in this post, but it doesn't give anything away about the story itself, just minor details of a few missions. Having only completed 50% of the story, there may be other connections and details that I don't know about.

Connections that I've noticed are (obviously they're very small ones):
The game is set in San Andreas, but it's changed a lot since the game San Andreas was out.
There is one particular mission where you go back to Grove Street, and they mention the Grove Street Families gang.
There is a very vague mention to Niko from GTA IV, and Packie McReary from IV also has a very small cameo.
One of the gangs from San Andreas is still around.

As for the characters, one of them is a former gang member who wants to move up in the criminal underworld (but still helps out his old gang from time to time). The other two, as far as I'm aware, have no connection to the mafia or a gang. They're just old friends who used to commit crimes together.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
There are easter eggs everywhere in the game that have references to the older GTA games.

Like you can visit Grove Street which looks very similar to San Andreas, it even has a message saying "Welcome Back. We missed you last time."

They mention Niko from GTA IV in one of the missions, but not by name. They just call him the eastern european guy that made a name from himself in Liberty City. And you can spot a pic of him on the net in game.

Packie McReary from GTA IV can be added as a crew member.

There are a bunch of more easter eggs from different games & movies too.

http://gta.wikia.com/Secrets_and_Easter_Eggs_in_GTA_V

dark_zero

just bought it last night wasnt cheap $89.00, havent started any missions yet, but so far looks like a good game.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I have a question. The percentage of completion that shows up on your save file - is this your progress through the story(as in it'll be 100% once you've completed the story but not done the little extras) or is it the percentage including everything?

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I have a question. The percentage of completion that shows up on your save file - is this your progress through the story(as in it'll be 100% once you've completed the story but not done the little extras) or is it the percentage including everything?

It's the total percentage of the whole game. I've completed the story and I'm only at 63%. I heard you get some nice little easter eggs once you reach 100% completion.

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom