• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Going back to my roots

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Hi everyone,
Name's Jonipoon and I'm from Sweden! I'm a huge fan of survival horror, and my first experience with the genre was actually visiting my uncle back in 1999 playing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on the PSOne. As terrifying as that was, destiny said otherwise and I actually became a Silent Hill fan after buying a PS2. I've been a very active member on various Silent Hill forums over the years, being deeply connected to those games lore and history. However as some of you may know, things are not looking very good for the Silent Hill IP at the moment, with Silent Hills being cancelled in 2015 and Konami generally acting like a bunch of jerks.

So earlier this year, I decided to go "back to my roots" and give the Resident Evil brand a try. Because you know, being a Silent Hill fan over the years have often meant that I've been constantly overlooking the RE games, dismissing them as uninteresting and weak compared to Silent Hill. But out of mere chance, when I bought PS4 this year I saw an ad for "Resident Evil: Revelations 2" so I decided to give it a try. I was VERY sceptical at first, but the first episode was free so I was like "what the heck". As it turns out, I was pleasantly surprised by the horror and gameplay. It was very fun and I ended up buying all of the other episodes. One thing lead to another , and I bought the Resident Evil remastered remake. Oh boy was I in for a treat... I completely fell in love with the spooky Spencer Mansion, the history behind the virus, the tension. It was a true survival horror masterpiece. The fixed camera angles brought back many memories and I felt very nostalgic even though it was my first time playing the game.

Basically, after playing the Resident Evil remastered remake I was hooked.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil Zero, and my plan is to finish that one and then wait until January when the RE2 remake comes out. Then I'll buy Code Veronica and try to play the games in as much chronological order as possible. If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me.

All in all you could say that I'm a bit late, but I'm very happy that I finally decided to give up my ignorance and give Resident Evil a chance. And by doing so, I also feel like I've come full circle since Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was the first survival horror game that I played.

I'm glad to be joining these forums and I can't wait to discuss more with you guys!

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Welcome to the forums, I hope you find a great batch of people to talk to here.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hi and welcome! :smile: Great to have you here!

The activity ebbs and flows, but we're a community of very friendly members. :smile:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Welcome to the forums!!

If you still have a PlayStation 2, when you get done with the core Resident Evil games, I'd recommend Outbreak and Outbreak File #2. The AI can be frustrating but I love those games!!! I've been replaying them lately and I forgot how challenging they were!

LordGolbez

Welcome to the forums!

It's a great group of people here and I'm sure you will make some great friends here.

Like Magnolia Grandiflora said, if you can get a chance to play the Outbreak games they are good games and add to the overall lore of the series but the AI can be frustrating to say the least.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Thank you all and thank you for the suggestions, I still have my PS2 somewhere so I might check out Outbreak if I get the chance.

Top Bottom