• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Glitch or not?

Willyum

Everytime I unlock the door after escaping Heisenbergs trap near the start of the game it gives me the message "Game data has not finished downloading. Please wait until the download is complete." Pleaser help I'm on ps5 by the way.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It sounds like you started the game prior to the full download. Some games will let you play a specific amount of the game while the game is downloading. Check your download status to make sure the game has finished downloading (assuming there is enough room for it to finish). If that doesn't help, try turning the entire system off and restarting it as it may not have registered that the game is now in the fully downloaded version.

If all of that doesn't work, delete the game, redownload it and make sure it is entirely finished downloading, then load your previous save file or start from the beginning. I mean, you would only lose 30 minutes of game time if you rushed through the events until that part again.

Hope it works out for you!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It sounds like you started the game prior to the full download. Some games will let you play a specific amount of the game while the game is downloading. Check your download status to make sure the game has finished downloading (assuming there is enough room for it to finish). If that doesn't help, try turning the entire system off and restarting it as it may not have registered that the game is now in the fully downloaded version.

If all of that doesn't work, delete the game, redownload it and make sure it is entirely finished downloading, then load your previous save file or start from the beginning. I mean, you would only lose 30 minutes of game time if you rushed through the events until that part again.

Not even 30 if you run it :p

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
100% true. I finished my speed run of the entire game in about 2 hrs and 22 minutes with infinite Dragoon. Still not that GREAT though since Powerpyx did the Knife Only Run in 2 hrs and 15 mins. How!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
100% true. I finished my speed run of the entire game in about 2 hrs and 22 minutes with infinite Dragoon. Still not that GREAT though since Powerpyx did the Knife Only Run in 2 hrs and 15 mins. How!
I want to say my knife only run was around 2.5 hours also. Of course I did that after I did my VoS run which was something like 2 hrs 57 mins so anything after that is a walk in the park. I need to try to get a sub 2 hr run.

Willyum

I had to delete and reinstall thanks for helping.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Glad it eventually worked out for you. With games being so big and having so much data these days, reinstallation is unfortunately how to get around a lot of issues. Enjoy the rest of the game!

Top Bottom