• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaming Eras

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
kennedy killer, youtube alphaomegasin,he appreciates all games and still plays games from way back when, and understands what a true gamer is.
you guys are right about the cod fanbase, they are still gamers,but they are, as you say restricted.
one thing i get sick of hearing today is, people who trash a game just because it doesn't have todays graphics, i mean i still play ps1 games on emulator along with dreamcast games and i can see past the shoddy graphics and appreciate a game for what it is, and if i still had my n64 i would totally play it (ocarina of time FTW)
todays generation of gamers, only really class a game as good, if it's an FPS, has explosive graphics and doesn't really have any sense of a story line. and that makes me sick.
because of this growing fan base, more game companys are throwing out games to copy cod because that's what sells at the moment...but what about a decent rpg (and don't for the love of god anyone say, "well we do have final fantasy 13..NO, that game just about passes as a final fantasy game, after they ruined the battle system and slapped a linear progression path on it)
First off...You're exactly right about FFXIII...

Second off, that's why I love the Wii so much...It had SO many good games (5 different RE games, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Sonic, Obscure, ect.) and yes, they didn't have the graphics of the PS3 or 360, but it NEVER took away from the fun...In fact...If I remember correctly, the FPS game with the best graphics on the Wii was fu-king Metroid...Which was STILL an awesome game...

I'm with ya...I play loads of older game systems despite the graphics...I still play Super Nintendo, Gamecube, XBox, Genesis, PS1...They're all great, despite not having brand new games and cutting edge graphics...I wish I still had my Dreamcast..That's my all time favorite system...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
First off...You're exactly right about FFXIII...

Second off, that's why I love the Wii so much...It had SO many good games (5 different RE games, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Sonic, Obscure, ect.) and yes, they didn't have the graphics of the PS3 or 360, but it NEVER took away from the fun...In fact...If I remember correctly, the FPS game with the best graphics on the Wii was fu-king Metroid...Which was STILL an awesome game...

I'm with ya...I play loads of older game systems despite the graphics...I still play Super Nintendo, Gamecube, XBox, Genesis, PS1...They're all great, despite not having brand new games and cutting edge graphics...I wish I still had my Dreamcast..That's my all time favorite system...
i've got a dreamcast emulator, but it's just not the same thing as having the physical console :(
graphics aren't everything but it seems nowadays many games rely on that as a selling point, but it just makes me sad to think, people disregard older games because of the physical appearance.
ffVII_3__before.jpg
here's a perfect example, i mean how bad does that look compared to todays standards, but the story line, the characters and the world will blow you away (ff7 ftw, one of the greatest games ever)
i can still play that now, and i actually do, i have a psx emulator on android and play it on my phone ;)

EDIT: sorry for the huge pic, didn't realise the spoiler tags didn't work anymore...
if a mod want's to adjust the post so it's hidden in spoilers so it doesn't take up half a page be my guest.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i've got a dreamcast emulator, but it's just not the same thing as having the physical console :(
graphics aren't everything but it seems nowadays many games rely on that as a selling point, but it just makes me sad to think, people disregard older games because of the physical appearance.
ffVII_3__before.jpg
here's a perfect example, i mean how bad does that look compared to todays standards, but the story line, the characters and the world will blow you away (ff7 ftw, one of the greatest games ever)
i can still play that now, and i actually do, i have a psx emulator on android and play it on my phone ;)

EDIT: sorry for the huge pic, didn't realise the spoiler tags didn't work anymore...
if a mod want's to adjust the post so it's hidden in spoilers so it doesn't take up half a page be my guest.
Exactly my friend...You really get it...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Exactly my friend...You really get it...
at least there's other people in this world who appreciate a good game that isn't COD LOL.
just talking about this makes me want to go on ebay and buy up the older consoles so i own them again, don't like playing on emulators, it's just not the same.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
at least there's other people in this world who appreciate a good game that isn't COD LOL.
just talking about this makes me want to go on ebay and buy up the older consoles so i own them again, don't like playing on emulators, it's just not the same.
I agree completely my friend...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
We speak of eras, what is a gaming era? I used it for the 1983-84 period but I guess that wasn't an era, it was merely a time period. Maybe what define a game era is the period in which games are made for a particular hardware generation.
Just a general time when you enjoyed a certain console lifespan until its next generation released.
ffVII_3__before.jpg

Exactly. Companies and developers nowadays think the flashier the graphics are the better the game will be. When in actuality graphics does not make a game great. Its the story, cast, scenery, and music that does IMO.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

That's what I think too.
The screenshot is very nice, it makes me wanna play that game. IMO that is good graphics lol.

Top Bottom