• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 gamescom

Turo602

The King of Kings
...You are too ignoring LOADS of variables. You are comparing a VERY heavily marketed console game to a handled (At one time) exclusive...And once it was no longer exclusive OR handheld, it wasn't very heavily marketed...So if COURSE it's not going to have comparable sales figures...

Like I said, Dead Space. Its market is still small. Even then, Revelations hit its mark which was very low... Says a lot considering you said they want to make tons of cash with a survival horror game. Gamers aren't stupid, if millions of people are interested in Resident Evil games, there's no way in hell they didn't know about Revelations. The game even had a demo, it was there for everyone to try. Interest was just low. If you honestly believe heavy marketing would have made as big of a difference as 4 million more copies sold, then I can't help you. Like I said, there's even Dead Space to prove that point. I guess this means you were totally off with that The Evil Within thing, huh?

egregious zombiemasher

F.O.S solo KAT
Capcom`s got plenty fan base for their major franchise but that is not always a good thing, they are dealing with the two-tier fan base system now -1 Core fans, who played from the very beginning and wants nothing but "back to the roots" anyhow. 2- those who started off with the RE4 and continued their journey through 5,6 and so on. Developers without question definitely seeing it through and i believe that RE4 originated fans are more likely to buy the upcoming title(s) because even if they had played old RE games in modern time, but already got their first taste of RE in the form of RE4 which in terms of "Some" older fans is the declining step in the RE series but that isn`t going to repel any plaga fan from buying and playing the future RE games even if they are Little or Wholly action-oriented. On the other note, personally i would like to go through the original survival-horror theme with the current story line in the next title, and as for the gamescom i wager that capcom is not going to disclose anything.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
-you play as bravo team the entire game ??? no chris, wesker, jill, or barry ??
You play as Rebecca (Bravo Team) and Billy (A criminal she teams up with instead of arresting) the entire game. No one else, though other Bravo characters make Sporadic appearances. No Barry, Chris, or Jill at all...There's no point in playing as anyone else. Almost ALL of them die except for 2 of them...Which are both killed off in RE1. (This is not counting Rebecca since she's the one who you play as).
Like I said, Dead Space. Its market is still small. Even then, Revelations hit its mark which was very low... Says a lot considering you said they want to make tons of cash with a survival horror game. Gamers aren't stupid, if millions of people are interested in Resident Evil games, there's no way in hell they didn't know about Revelations. The game even had a demo, it was there for everyone to try. Interest was just low. If you honestly believe heavy marketing would have made as big of a difference as 4 million more copies sold, then I can't help you. Like I said, there's even Dead Space to prove that point. I guess this means you were totally off with that The Evil Within thing, huh?
...No...It doesn't mean I was off at all...But I'm done arguing with you, because you won't see reason...

Turo602

The King of Kings
...No...It doesn't mean I was of at all...But I'm done arguing with you, because you won't see reason...

You talk about reason yet you haven't explained the inconsistencies and contradictions in your argument... No one is going to buy your crap reasoning if you can't back it up. Like always, you just try to shoot off into another topic like Revelations rather than defending or admitting your point was wrong.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
You play as Rebecca (Bravo Team) and Billy (A criminal she teams up with instead of arresting) the entire game. No one else, though other Bravo characters make Sporadic appearances. No Barry, Chris, or Jill at all...There's no point in playing as anyone else. Almost ALL of them die except for 2 of them...Which are both killed off in RE1. (This is not counting Rebecca since she's the one who you play as).

...No...It doesn't mean I was off at all...But I'm done arguing with you, because you won't see reason...
--- ok so you dont play as the bravo team... like forrest speyer, etc..then my idea is right yours was wrong about zero game. By the way what happened to that stars member card you used to have with shaggy from scooby doo on it. Thats was funny ! :)

Turo602

The King of Kings
--- ok so you dont play as the bravo team... like forrest speyer, etc..then my idea is right yours was wrong.

No, your idea was stupid because a prequel detailing Bravo team's whereabouts already exists. Rebecca was part of Bravo team, she's the only Bravo team character that matters in Resident Evil 1 so playing as anyone else is pointless. Resident Evil 0 > Your idea.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You talk about reason yet you haven't explained the inconsistencies and contradictions in your argument... No one is going to buy your crap reasoning if you can't back it up. Like always, you just try to shoot off into another topic like Revelations rather than defending or admitting your point was wrong.
I have backed it up...You're the only one who's arguing back...If anyone else has something to offer to contradict my points that isn't overly analytical and has somewhat of an idea what they're talking about, I'll address it with them...
--- ok so you dont play as the bravo team... like forrest speyer, etc..then my idea is right yours was wrong about zero game. By the way what happened to that stars member card you used to have with shaggy from scooby doo on it. Thats was funny ! :)
...Why would you play as a whole Team that ends up dying..It would do NOTHING but make the Mansion incident into an action game, and we already know what happened to Bravo Team throughout the course of 0 and 1 thanks to Files and the additional story added in Umbrella Chronicles...There is absolutely NO need for your idea, because it will do NOTHING to further the story...

Turo602

The King of Kings
I have backed it up...You're the only one who's arguing back...If anyone else has something to offer to contradict my points that isn't overly analytical and has somewhat of an idea what they're talking about, I'll address it with them...

No, you've made assumptions and illogical claims with your only back up being "I know about business" when clearly you don't. Overly analytical... in other words, logical. You've already done a fine job at contradicting yourself. You just don't like to admit it when someone catches you, so you run from the subject altogether like you are now. Keep telling yourself what you want, you're not fooling anyone.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Hope so but not expecting it
I wouldn't mind a sequel mercenaries game for the 3ds.
I'm enjoying the first one still

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom