• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) G or T????

Mr Sunshine

I'm a little bit confused with the virus which got spread through the sewers. If the team leaded by Hunk was to retrieve the G virus from Birkin, how the hell did the T virus spread throughout the city?? I mean the rats should have been infected by the G not the T virus!! Am i missing something?

bruno

Chief Researcher
The case contained samples of both viruses (you can see green and purple vials in the cutscene in which Birkin dies). I think the G virus infection is only possible by direct contact with blood or through an embryo produced by a G creature.
The T-virus, however, can be spread through he water and contact with body fuids of an infected.
If you see The Darkside Chronicles, in the remade scene, Hunk's team take a single G-virus sample and a case full of T-virus samples.

Skritz

Yup, I re-checked RE2 and Darkside. The case had both virus but only the T-Virus can spread by water supply. Which makes me wonder. Lets say there was a very wounded survivor in the sewers with a big open wound, if G-Virus contaminated water entered this wound and went into the bloodstream, would it contaminate the host?

Top Bottom