• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Funny thing about Chris

RedfieldFan

Ok not that funny, more interesting.

Chris is the only one of the four main characters not to have been infected at some point.

Jill was infected by Nemesis in RE3 and kept under Wesker’s control during RE5.

Leon was infected with Las Plagas in RE4.

Claire was infected with t-Phobos during REV2.

Has Chris just been more "fortunate" than the others or has the story just not called for it... yet..?

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Awebb said it pretty well, I remember watching a character essay about Chris that basically sums up his character arc as the one who constantly fails to protect his friends.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I thought I read something somewhere about Wesker giving him a rash- oh wait that was a fanfic. :biggrin:

On a serious note, Capcom does tend to stick with themes for their characters. Chris’ seems to be that he is constantly losing his loved ones. We can probably assume he is more fortunate in that sense but who knows if they will dabble more with a storyline where he gets infected. Weren’t thy going to do something in Revelations where he was cloned (obviously before they changed it).

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It runs in the family. Everyone Claire has ever been partnered with also got infected and/or died before the end of the game. The Redfields are the worst babysitters of all times!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Virus Chris suffers from just hasn't been named yet..but I'm pretty sure he's infected with something that causes his body to change DRASTICALLY pretty much every game. Where's your explanation Capcom!

Mr.R

I thought I read something somewhere about Wesker giving him a rash- oh wait that was a fanfic. :biggrin:

On a serious note, Capcom does tend to stick with themes for their characters. Chris’ seems to be that he is constantly losing his loved ones. We can probably assume he is more fortunate in that sense but who knows if they will dabble more with a storyline where he gets infected. Weren’t thy going to do something in Revelations where he was cloned (obviously before they changed it).

You know, I was always curious about that Revelations script they scrapped. It had Hunk on it and...Chris and Jill pointing weapons at each other. We always had a lot of info about aborted projects and scripts from Capcom, but not much on this one. I'm really curious about what ideas they had.

Turo602

The King of Kings
You know, I was always curious about that Revelations script they scrapped. It had Hunk on it and...Chris and Jill pointing weapons at each other. We always had a lot of info about aborted projects and scripts from Capcom, but not much on this one. I'm really curious about what ideas they had.

I remember hearing that trailer was nothing more than a mock-up/conceptual trailer. So I don't think it was really indicative of a specific script. The trailer did have lots of reused assets so it's likely it was all placeholder stuff, like HUNK, who was probably meant to represent Jack Norman.

Top Bottom