• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Frustrating Parts

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Out of curiosity, what parts while playing the game you dread going through. It can be in from any campaign and in any chapter

For Leon- the beginning of chapter 3 and the ending part of chapter 5 when you have to fight Simmons

Chris- Chapter 2 and beyond...this campaign just sucks

Jake- The beginning of chapter 2 and 3, annoying to go through

Ada- Chapter 4 entirely, that boat is dreaded...

D

Deleted member 21244

Out of curiosity, what parts while playing the game you dread going through. It can be in from any campaign and in any chapter

For Leon- the beginning of chapter 3 and the ending part of chapter 5 when you have to fight Simmons

Chris- Chapter 2 and beyond...this campaign just sucks

Jake- The beginning of chapter 2 and 3, annoying to go through

Ada- Chapter 4 entirely, that boat is dreaded...
I think this game had some awesome moment that I like to play and awesome graphics, sometimes I replay it just to look at the graphic but then when some chapter arrives I really remember why I didnt like this game

The boring an frustrating part for me are:

Leon chapter 3: I like the setting and boss but it's too long and there are to much stupid puzzle and boring Co op moment

Chris chapter 3, 4 and first part of chapter 5: fighting the helicopters and driving in chapter 3 was awful, horrible graphic during the drive sequence , fighting the horrible neo umbrella monster on the ship was really boring, the start of chapter 5 up until you meet Jake was frustating as hell, also if you play this campaign at the highest difficulty is frustrating from the first minute to the last, since one shoot from an enemy make the player collapse and there is no way you can avoid to continue collapsing until you die unless you are lucky

Jake chapter 3 and first part of chapter 5: finding the emblems to move the statue and fighting a tank was boring in chapter 3, the first part of chapter 5 up until you meet Chris is boring and frustrating

Ada s camaign: I find this campaign to be the weakest and most boring of them all, there are good moment like the fight whit Carla and some stealth part, but most chapter are boring and the final chapter whit the helicopter is one of the most awful part I ever played in video games especially on higher difficulty since Simmons take to much time to beat and while you drive the helicopter the graphic look awful and the gameplay is boring

Mercenaries was awesome

Final verdict: BORING

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Where do I even start... I'll do in order of campaigns, I guess.

Heleona:
* Being forced to walk everywhere in the beginning of Chapter 1, with lightning, sudden sounds and other trite horror movie clichés desperately trying (and failing) to scare you.
* The entirety of Chapter 3. Why was that needed again, other than to make sure the campaign has five chapters like the others?
* The entirety of Chapter 5. It's just one never-ending boss fight that gets more and more ridiculous with every stage, mixed with the occasional forcing-you-to-go-slow from the first chapter (this time in the form of an unskippable car ride with nothing to do).

Nivanfield:
* The Iluzija fight. Invisible enemies might be scary and/or challenging the first time you face them, but after that it just becomes tedious.
* The chopper fight where you first see Jake and Sherry in that chapter. The continuation on the rooftop is slightly less annoying.
* Honestly, the campaign as a whole. I like the military vibe, but other than that it's my least favourite campaign in terms of almost everything.

Shake:
* Chapter 2. Oh my Lucifer! From looking for tiny objects in a blizzard where one (literal) slip-up on the big ice slide forces you to restart from the bottom, to a shaky snowmobile section where one slip-up gets you killed immediately, to sneaking around in an ice cave where one slip-up has a 90% chance of getting you one-hit-drilled-to-death by Ustanak, to a button mashing contest where one slip-up... you get the idea. It's like someone in the development team thought, let's take everything that's annoying and put it in this one chapter!
* Playing as Sherry in general. Too much waiting around and watching Jake do the actual work (if he even bothers to do it at all; the AI never hits on the idea of taking out the chopper by climbing on to it), especially prominent in the fourth chapter and the final non-QTE confrontation with Ustanak. Also, why did they need to have Jake hold her hand when she's about to deliver the killing blow to Ustanak on the moving platform, just so both players get to do something in this final QTE? Sherry being the one to kill it for good could have made up for her being virtually useless up until that point, but nope...

Agenda (thanks to @Turo602 for pointing out that I shouldn't always ignore Agent!):
* "Speak into the microphone! Speak into the microphone!" ... How about you speak into my butt?
* This is more related to story than gameplay, but the fact that Ada's third chapter begins and ends roughly around the same time as Nivanfield's, despite the latter taking like four times as long to complete, has always bothered me. Does Ada actually walk everywhere in canon like the cutscenes suggest, or take an occasional nap here and there?
* Less frustrating and more awkward, but most of the "stealth" sections in the campaign. When a game that isn't otherwise suited for stealth gameplay suddenly tries to implement elements of it, that can only go one direction: Wrong!

The entire game:
* QTEs, full stop.
* Any encounter with the regenerating, self-mutilating, in-your-face-procreating I-don't-know-their-name-right-nows.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Aw man, I was trying to forget that RE6 was shoving the stealth mechanic down our throats. The forced QTEs were bad enough, but it was extremely annoying when they try to force the players to sneak around even though the controls were not designed with such things in mind! This is what you get when a game tries to please everybody, but ended up a massive failure!

Ridley Lockhart

Where do I even start... I'll do in order of campaigns, I guess.

Heleona:
* Being forced to walk everywhere in the beginning of Chapter 1, with lightning, sudden sounds and other trite horror movie clichés desperately trying (and failing) to scare you.
* The entirety of Chapter 3. Why was that needed again, other than to make sure the campaign has five chapters like the others?
* The entirety of Chapter 5. It's just one never-ending boss fight that gets more and more ridiculous with every stage, mixed with the occasional forcing-you-to-go-slow from the first chapter (this time in the form of an unskippable car ride with nothing to do).

Nivanfield:
* The Iluzija fight. Invisible enemies might be scary and/or challenging the first time you face them, but after that it just becomes tedious.
* The chopper fight where you first see Jake and Sherry in that chapter. The continuation on the rooftop is slightly less annoying.
* Honestly, the campaign as a whole. I like the military vibe, but other than that it's my least favourite campaign in terms of almost everything.

Shake:
* Chapter 2. Oh my Lucifer! From looking for tiny objects in a blizzard where one (literal) slip-up on the big ice slide forces you to restart from the bottom, to a shaky snowmobile section where one slip-up gets you killed immediately, to sneaking around in an ice cave where one slip-up has a 90% chance of getting you one-hit-drilled-to-death by Ustanak, to a button mashing contest where one slip-up... you get the idea. It's like someone in the development team thought, let's take everything that's annoying and put it in this one chapter!
* Playing as Sherry in general. Too much waiting around and watching Jake do the actual work (if he even bothers to do it at all; the AI never hits on the idea of taking out the chopper by climbing on to it), especially prominent in the fourth chapter and the final non-QTE confrontation with Ustanak. Also, why did they need to have Jake hold her hand when she's about to deliver the killing blow to Ustanak on the moving platform, just so both players get to do something in this final QTE? Sherry being the one to kill it for good could have made up for her being virtually useless up until that point, but nope...

Agenda (thanks to @Turo602 for pointing out that I shouldn't always ignore Agent!):
* "Speak into the microphone! Speak into the microphone!" ... How about you speak into my butt?
* This is more related to story than gameplay, but the fact that Ada's third chapter begins and ends roughly around the same time as Nivanfield's, despite the latter taking like four times as long to complete, has always bothered me. Does Ada actually walk everywhere in canon like the cutscenes suggest, or take an occasional nap here and there?
* Less frustrating and more awkward, but most of the "stealth" sections in the campaign. When a game that isn't otherwise suited for stealth gameplay suddenly tries to implement elements of it, that can only go one direction: Wrong!

The entire game:
* QTEs, full stop.
* Any encounter with the regenerating, self-mutilating, in-your-face-procreating I-don't-know-their-name-right-nows.
Basically EVERYTHING you mentioned. I'm drawing a blank here can't think of anything to add. Umm...how about Leon and Helena on the airplane that gets gassed up by that disgusting, bulbous ameba of a monster that just looks like a bunch of tits. Yeah hated that part.

Top Bottom