• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forum look

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Where is the option to change your forum look back to the original?

Like on the Devil may cry forum?

To be honest I really do not like the new bright look and would like to change it back (like I did on the DMC forum).

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Where is the option to change your forum look back to the original?

Like on the Devil may cry forum?

To be honest I really do not like the new bright look and would like to change it back (like I did on the DMC forum).
I like it. But I want a choice of a ton of different looks.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I like the new look, but my only problem I have with the new look is the white background because I can barely read some people's text on here (Mainly if it's in a very light color, espically the colors on the bottom row of the text color selection).

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Heh I though I came onto the wrong site with all the brightness. I was like "wtf is ren gone?" lol.

aoshi

I like the new look. When i saw DMC forums renovated , I wanted REN to be renovated too. And yes, it has been renovated. Thanks steve.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi mate, sorry about the late response. I'm still tweaking a few bits and pieces and seeing if we can get the place a bit more organized and up-to-speed. The old, dark template will not be returning; it was too outdated (as is the one on devilmaycry.org, but slightly less so) and does not support many of the newer features introduced during a recent forum update. To keep it around would mean that users still using that template would be missing out on all the new stuff, and for me to support more than one template is an enormous hassle, I'm afraid.

Give the new look a chance, it might grow on you.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Well If I am to keep posting around here I am going to have to try to get use to it.

But I'm afraid that my opinion on it will not change.

It just is not what I like for a Resident Evil forum considering how Resident Evil has always been about horror and zombies (or more like it used to be).

I bright background just seems unfitting to me.

So no, I doubt it will grow on me.

But I guess I will have to just become used to it.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I'm liking this new look, its fresh and clean... Too many forums are cluster ***** these days, and its hard to move around and keep track...

There is nothing '' nonresi'' about this new look... i like it.

My only complaint is that , that clown wesker is trying to look good in his Neo halloween costume... get old school Jill in there.... Blue top, white jumper tied round her waist... that would look like serious attitude.

Other than that, it's nice and bright, everything is easy to find, and very welcoming... i approve!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My only complaint is that , that clown wesker is trying to look good in his Neo halloween costume... get old school Jill in there.... Blue top, white jumper tied round her waist... that would look like serious attitude.
While I agree, I believe Steve is trying to keep current Resident Evil media as the background to make the site look fresh and updated. BSAA Jill would be a nice substitute as opposed to Nemesis Jill but Neo-Wesker is just fine with me as long as I don't have to hear him speak or anything. ;)

I'll admit that I wasn't too fond of the change at first, the brightness was a shock to my eyes and it hurt for a bit, but I'm used to it now and it most certainly is growing on me; I far from dislike it at this point. Everyone just needs to give it a chance.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'm really appreciating all the feedback so far, guys. Do please make sure to keep it coming and, if you're not a big fan of the new look, I would especially like to hear from you guys as to what you feel might help improve things for you.

And I'm really liking the idea of possibly swapping out Wesker for Jill. I'll have to see if I can grab a good screenshot of her the next time I fire up Resident Evil 5 and throw some drafts together.

Vergil'sBitch

RE Chicken s**t
I'm really appreciating all the feedback so far, guys. Do please make sure to keep it coming and, if you're not a big fan of the new look, I would especially like to hear from you guys as to what you feel might help improve things for you.

And I'm really liking the idea of possibly swapping out Wesker for Jill. I'll have to see if I can grab a good screenshot of her the next time I fire up Resident Evil 5 and throw some drafts together.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Keep Wesker! I like it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The old, dark template will not be returning; it was too outdated (as is the one on devilmaycry.org, but slightly less so) and does not support many of the newer features introduced during a recent forum update.
Outdated in what way? Could you not change the color on the new template to resemble the old one?

The new look is nice, but my problem is that it is not fitting this forum. We have always been dark and we have adapted to the lovely dark theme. Banners and layout can change without becoming a problem, but changing the forum background from very dark to white are causing problems. The biggest problem now is all the posts that have become unreadable.

I don't think 4100 of my posts and 2800 of La Femme's posts, and many other members' posts, will be readable again. This is an awful lot of content rendered unreadable! :(

While the new bright colors could have been good for another forum, I don't think it does any good here. I'm sorry to say this Steve, but I am very very unhappy with this.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I agree with Romero.

Alot of the "brighter" text have become pretty much unreadable now.

I actually do not mind the new Chris and Wesker background and look similar to how I do not mind the new and old Dante background on the DMC forum.

What I do mind is the new bright board that is being used.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Outdated in what way? Could you not change the color on the new template to resemble the old one?
I think he meant outdated as in we've had a dark background for forever.
I don't think 4100 of my posts and 2800 of La Femme's posts, and many other members' posts, will be readable again. This is an awful lot of content rendered unreadable! :(
I don't see that this is that big of a deal, just simply highlight the light text and it shall be rendered readable. I do it all the time to lighter text, even when we had the darker background because sometimes it's a little blinding. :oops:

Top Bottom