• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final fantasy 7 remake opinion SPOILER

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

So i just finished the final fantasy 7 remake and something that i never experienced happened to me, i both loved and disliked this game

It is a perfect game, one of the best remake ever made in my opinion, they manage to make 6 hour of the original game in 30 hour, whitout ruining the story and expanding the character, music is beautiful, graphic is good despite some ps1 texture, it is the perfect game

So what could go wrong?

The last chapter
Holy crap, what the hell the director of this game was thinking? It's so incredibile how they manage to ruin more than 20 years of fan expectation and ff 7 mitology whit just one hour of game, the ending its so horrible and didn't make any sense and destroyed everything, square enix did literally fool us by calling this game ff 7 remake, because it s more like a reboot or ff 16 whit ff 7 character... So horrible
If it wasn't for the ending it would have been the perfect remake

I see that some of you people are ff 7 fan, so i would like from you to know your opinion about the game and ending

Also it's really strange how reviewer and some people condamn residet evil 3 for its cut content, but praised ff 7 remake despite the fact that the ending pretty destroyed all ff 7 story eredicating it out of existence , in the end re 3 remake didn't have any major changes and the story is the same and will continue whit code veronica, re 4, re 5 ecc
But ff 7 did completely rewrite its story and canon, what they have done its worse than cutting the clock tower or the grave digger

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am only in the Wall Street section looking to get in to Don Corneo's mansion, but so far it has been a really great time. I can't wait to get to the last chapter to see what you're talking about! haha.

The battling is difficult, but managable so it makes the game really fun. It's a little too on rails for me. But that is modern gaming I suppose.

D

Deleted member 21244

I am only in the Wall Street section looking to get in to Don Corneo's mansion, but so far it has been a really great time. I can't wait to get to the last chapter to see what you're talking about! haha.

The battling is difficult, but managable so it makes the game really fun. It's a little too on rails for me. But that is modern gaming I suppose.
Sorry, i didn't want to spoil anithing, probably o should put spoiler warning in the thread name

Yeah i love the game, only the last chapter was bad for me, i really can't stand it, it's not final fantasy 7, it look more some stupid kid bull****, sorry for bad words but that chapter really ****ed me off... I was really waiting for this game but the ending really ruined my day XD

I loved the gameplay, maybe it's a bit on rail but the original was like this too, the Midgard section in the first game was pretty linear, it became open world only later, after the group leave Midgard... So it's pretty faithful, i think they are leaving the open world for the second part...
Spoiler
Spoiler
(well second part will not exactly happen like we remember)

1995umk3

I havn't played a "NEW" game or "NEW" remake in ages but I did see a screenshot of this game where Cloud is in front of Barret right when he gets off the train.

TBH.. I didn't like it even If I didn't try it out (i dont like new games in general or new remakes)

The original one on playstation 1 is really good.. there are tomany ports out there with added stuff that ruin it. Especially Cloud auto-run and the framerates are off too.

Maybe someday.

D

Deleted member 21244

I havn't played a "NEW" game or "NEW" remake in ages but I did see a screenshot of this game where Cloud is in front of Barret right when he gets off the train.

TBH.. I didn't like it even If I didn't try it out (i dont like new games in general or new remakes)

The original one on playstation 1 is really good.. there are tomany ports out there with added stuff that ruin it. Especially Cloud auto-run and the framerates are off too.

Maybe someday.
The remake is amazing, maybe one of the best videogame remake along side re1 remake

beside the final chapter and some texture and graphic problem the game is a real masterpiece, so you should try it

I did replay it on hard, and re - realize how stressful and unnecessary that numen addition is ahhahaahaha
But i also manage to understand some other aspect of the ending thanks to this second run , that did make me hate the ending less and maybe accept it

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Now that I have finished the game twice, I have to say that I am okay with the ending. It did jump in to Kingdom Hearts territory for a minute, but overall, I thought it was okay to handle the final boss like that. At least the game had a final boss instead of just fighting Rufus as the finale. I am not 100% happy that Square is taking liberties with such a precious game, but at least they explain it throughout the game. And now they can feel free to add new moments and change some other BIG moments if they want to without effecting the overall narrative.

Of course, Tetsuya Nomura has said that he is done changing the story after this installment. But we'll see.

D

Deleted member 21244

Now that I have finished the game twice, I have to say that I am okay with the ending. It did jump in to Kingdom Hearts territory for a minute, but overall, I thought it was okay to handle the final boss like that. At least the game had a final boss instead of just fighting Rufus as the finale. I am not 100% happy that Square is taking liberties with such a precious game, but at least they explain it throughout the game. And now they can feel free to add new moments and change some other BIG moments if they want to without effecting the overall narrative.

Of course, Tetsuya Nomura has said that he is done changing the story after this installment. But we'll see.
I hope so

After i beat the game twice i realize that in the final fight you are not actually battling the real sephirot but the giant numen that changed his form into that of sephirot to battle cloud and the other... Infact you can actually see the numen doing the shape shift
At first I was really enraged by the fact they put sephirot as a boss so early in the game story but after realize it wasn't him I'm ok whit that

I still didn't like the numen part, especially when they show up to block the protagonist to do something, it's like the story didn't mean anything at all now, because if it wasn't for them, cloud and the other would have defeated evey enemy in they're way, like the turks, they would have blocked the explosion of sector 7 ecc ecc zack would have also been able to survive.... This mean that every playable character in ff 7 is invulnerable as superman but thanks God the numen where there to prevent them to survive every situation and kill every bad guy ahahahha this things diminish character development in my opinion, in the original game they didn't loose because of the numen but because even cloud and the other protagonist are vulnerable as any other characters and they can make bad choice that lead to a defeat

For the rest, the game is perfect, i would have preferred a more open world game like ff xv, but we ll have to wait for the next part for that

Top Bottom