• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fiction Based Movies Yet to Be Made

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So, between things like Harry Potter, Marvel, and of course, Resident Evil, some of our favorite IP's in other mediums have made the transition to the silver screen. Some with...Less success than others. In a time where Hollywood is becoming less and less original, I'm sure we'll be seeing more and more of these beloved IP's in the years that come, on a screen bigger than our houses, because that's how we forget our problems. So, with that being said, what are some works of fiction that haven't been adapted yet, that you actually think could be done well? How would you do it? Why? These are the questions I choose to try and bring this website back from the dead!

Also, my answer, is I'd like to see an attempt at a Jak and Daxter film, kinda like they did with Ratchet and Clank, but better.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
There's a series of books called the Green Sky trilogy which has yet to be adapted outside of an Apple II/Commodore 64 game called Below The Root, which while it shares a title with the first book in the series is more a continuation, since fans disliked the ending of the trilogy and the author herself grew more and more disatisfied with it.

And just as an aside, I'm one of those weirdos who would have wanted to see the sequel novels to Master and Commander adapted for the big screen (rather than five sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean, about a very different Captain Jack), but when The Far Side of the World only broke even with a $150M budget between four studios, you know sequel plans are kinda fvcked. Oh well, still one of the best sound mixes ever.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There's a series of books called the Green Sky trilogy which has yet to be adapted outside of an Apple II/Commodore 64 game called Below The Root, which while it shares a title with the first book in the series is more a continuation, since fans disliked the ending of the trilogy and the author herself grew more and more disatisfied with it.

And just as an aside, I'm one of those weirdos who would have wanted to see the sequel novels to Master and Commander adapted for the big screen (rather than five sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean, about a very different Captain Jack), but when The Far Side of the World only broke even with a $150M budget between four studios, you know sequel plans are kinda fvcked. Oh well, still one of the best sound mixes ever.
Wow, a movie about a book/Commodore 64 game. Lol, that's an unexpected answer. They'd have to market the HELL outta that for it to work. But it sounds cool enough to me!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Better RE movies would be great.

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing a wild Kingdom Hearts movie. With the powers of Squenix and Disney combined, it could make for some really weird tropes.

Now that Detective Pikachu is a thing... anything can happen!

Reactions: Jen

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I wouldn't mind seeing a Prototype film as long as it has a hard R rating.
What's that?

Better RE movies would be great.

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing a wild Kingdom Hearts movie. With the powers of Squenix and Disney combined, it could make for some really weird tropes.

Now that Detective Pikachu is a thing... anything can happen!
Any idea who you'd cast for Sora and the gang?

Top Bottom