• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Feeling safe around Wesker

Mark Gayton

I was playing through the Mercenaries again today and it does amuse me that when I'm on Live (i usually use Jill or Sheva) when somebody is using Wesker I always stick around them and feel like the match is going to go well. I guess it's because Wesker has good weapsons and because he's the hardest to unlock I assume the other players must be pros. What do you guys think?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm one of those people who often uses Wesker (Midnight). Personally it annoys me when my partner is constantly on my hip because, in my experience, its easier to lose combos that way, especially on levels like ship deck and the missile facility because enemies tend to spawn slower and it helps to be a fair distance away from each other.

That being said, I do like the Wesker/Jill pairing in Mercenaries because you can get some nice combos with Jill's handgun alone and Wesker can take down tougher opponents with either magnum or the Hydra, depending on which costume one chooses. I just don't really like to be joined at the hip on levels unless one or both characters are in dying status or one of the characters is not yet skilled enough to get through the level without dying.

Mark Gayton

I think one of the problems I find is when one of the big bad guys on the stage (for example, the chainsaw guy or the butcher) I find that with Sheva or Jill, the weapons they have aren't always that effective...so I kinda try to lure the boss to Wesker who can magnum it...

sadistic_greyfox

I wish I could feel safe, normally i'm the guy everyone expects to protect them. I remember when i first started though, I got most of my SS ranks playing alongside wesker players.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
That's because Wesker is a beast. Yes, S.T.A.R.S. Wesker and I are still together. I've been faithful to him for quite a while; I shall never play Mercenaries as anyone else again. (No one else looks as good. ;) )

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I don't personally like Wesker and don't tend to follow him around. Since I usually play with friends, my play style depends on the people I'm playing with most the time. If I'm paired with someone who is really good, I'll follow them and play support; otherwise, I do my own thing. I'm best on my own anyway because I'm more evasive than anything.

Top Bottom