• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite Virus?

mert20004

What's your favourite virus in the franchise?

For me; it's c-virus from re6. I like how it's a combo of g-virus and special t-veronica strain t-02, tons of monster variety along with awesome monster designs, has great backstory in the files as well has great references to other re games among other things.

I hope it appears again in a future re entry, ı love re6 so much and ı got really annoyed when it didnt appear in re7...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I read through a portion of that Virus Analysis which was pretty interesting. I love categorizing things and analyzing them.

By far my favorite virus is the G-virus. Birkin in his final forms is the most intimidating and well thought out design in all of RE history. The other G monsters are all unique and horrifying in their own way.

I think my least favorite virus is the "enhanced" C-virus that infects Simmons at the end of RE6. Simmons becomes an old timey cartoon. He changes from a dog, to a T-rex, to a giant fly for no reason. It breaks the realism that had been developed in the series over time. They should have picked a single design for Simmons and if they wanted to change it, change the original design and have it adapt - not become an entirely new animal. haha

mert20004

I read through a portion of that Virus Analysis which was pretty interesting. I love categorizing things and analyzing them.

By far my favorite virus is the G-virus. Birkin in his final forms is the most intimidating and well thought out design in all of RE history. The other G monsters are all unique and horrifying in their own way.

I think my least favorite virus is the "enhanced" C-virus that infects Simmons at the end of RE6. Simmons becomes an old timey cartoon. He changes from a dog, to a T-rex, to a giant fly for no reason. It breaks the realism that had been developed in the series over time. They should have picked a single design for Simmons and if they wanted to change it, change the original design and have it adapt - not become an entirely new animal. haha
The worst one for me would be the mold from re7; enemy variety is terrible in that game, monsters are boring along with other awful things. There isnt enough backstory about it either. Just full nonsense.

I actually loved fighting simmons' mutations; punching him in the face never gets old. The forms make sense and are explained in the files. They say that carla added some animal genes ( Obviously carla didnt add fly genes cause t-veronica is already related to insects. ) to some of the c-virus strains and this includes simmons'. Not to mention c-virus is a very unstable virus due to containing 2 viruses and enhanced is even more unstable due to containing jake's blood which makes things crazier so some of the randomizations the virus has make sense.

For t-rex; there's a detail people miss and that's him consuming bsaa soldiers and chinese citizens to become really big. If you remember, there's dialogue at the beginning of leon's chapter 5 which is bsaa wanting to evacuate everyone to quad tower. So he most likely consumed people using his tentacles after arriving there to strengthen himself. And he turns back to his human form and forth cause of t-veronica; not to mention steve did that once before dying.

He might not obey physics but none of the monsters and mutations in re universe really does. It doesnt matter to me cause resident evil was always an crazy and over the top franchise; doesnt matter if the games are survival horror or action horror.

I kinda agree with you about g-virus; ı think g-virus and t-veronica are equally 2nd best after c-virus.

D

Deleted member 21244

I like the t virus the most, it's the virus that introduced me to the series

mert20004

Ok so ı'm gonna revive this to say that; from all progenitor based viruses, my least favourite one is t+g from dead aim.

The reason for that is morpheus' mutation. Like what the hell; how does that even work?

latest

Why does he turn his gender into a woman? I know he's obsessed with beauty and all according to files but this is not a good excuse for him to become a female tyrant with organic high heels. I dont see how t or g is related to this.

I know there's a file in umbrella chronicles which is basically wesker theorizing that someone's mindset can affect their mutation but even with that, morpheus turning his gender into a woman feels just plain stupid.

I like the campy / over the top aspect of re; especially 4 / 5 / 6 but morpheus' mutation is just plain stupid to me. It's not campy in a fun way either; it's just plain stupid and boring. The files dont explain this virus well enough.

The 2nd blob type mutation is fine ı guess since it reminds me of birkin's final form though ı dont like that boss fight at all cause it's extremely frustrating. Those weakspots, they pop in and out way too fast and it's hard to damage them, even with magnum or machinegun. There is also a lack of checkpoints in that area; like if you die at the last stage of the boss fight, you start from the beginning.

I liked the bioelectrogenesis aspect of this virus ( Which later comes back in re6 with piers' mutation though thankfully he doesnt turn gender unlike morpheus. ) but that's it. I dont like anything else when it comes to it.

Due to this, morpheus' mutation is supernatural to me and ı think dead aim is the 2nd most supernatural game in the series after re7.

D

Deleted member 21244

Ok so ı'm gonna revive this to say that; from all progenitor based viruses, my least favourite one is t+g from dead aim.

The reason for that is morpheus' mutation. Like what the hell; how does that even work?

latest

Why does he turn his gender into a woman? I know he's obsessed with beauty and all according to files but this is not a good excuse for him to become a female tyrant with organic high heels. I dont see how t or g is related to this.

I know there's a file in umbrella chronicles which is basically wesker theorizing that someone's mindset can affect their mutation but even with that, morpheus turning his gender into a woman feels just plain stupid.

I like the campy / over the top aspect of re; especially 4 / 5 / 6 but morpheus' mutation is just plain stupid to me. It's not campy in a fun way either; it's just plain stupid and boring. The files dont explain this virus well enough.

The 2nd blob type mutation is fine ı guess since it reminds me of birkin's final form though ı dont like that boss fight at all cause it's extremely frustrating. Those weakspots, they pop in and out way too fast and it's hard to damage them, even with magnum or machinegun. There is also a lack of checkpoints in that area; like if you die at the last stage of the boss fight, you start from the beginning.

I liked the bioelectrogenesis aspect of this virus ( Which later comes back in re6 with piers' mutation though thankfully he doesnt turn gender unlike morpheus. ) but that's it. I dont like anything else when it comes to it.

Due to this, morpheus' mutation is supernatural to me and ı think dead aim is the 2nd most supernatural game in the series after re7.
Well i think that if the DNA of a person is rewritten he can tourn into a women, that s probably what happened to morpheus, there s nothing "supernatural" here

Simmons turn into a t Rex, a flying monster a tiger ecc but can still retain his human form, isn't this more stupid and supernatural than a virus that tourn you into a woman?

If there is a virus that can turn you into a t Rex i don't see why is stupid and supernatural to have a virus that turn a man into woman, it's pretty plausible since man and woman are also part of the same species if the DNA is changed a bit you can turn into a woman

Edit: also in re 6 you have a virus that completely changed people fisionomy, carla became ada and she even had her personality, so if you accept this i think that you can easy accept that morpheus mutation

Last edited by a moderator:

mert20004

Well i think that if the DNA of a person is rewritten he can tourn into a women, that s probably what happened to morpheus, there s nothing "supernatural" here

Simmons turn into a t Rex, a flying monster a tiger ecc but can still retain his human form, isn't this more stupid and supernatural than a virus that tourn you into a woman?

If there is a virus that can turn you into a t Rex and i don't see why is stupid to have a virus that turn a man into woman, it's pretty plausible if they're DNA is significantly changed
I dont think so. Morpheus is just plain stupid imo.

I already explained simmons' mutations here; his mutations arent stupid imo and they actually make sense.

Morpheus' is just not explainable. I'm guessing you can rely on that wesker file in umbrella chronicles if you want but that alone isnt enough for me.

D

Deleted member 21244

I dont think so. Morpheus is just plain stupid imo.

I already explained simmons' mutations here; his mutations arent stupid imo and they actually make sense.

Morpheus' is just not explainable. I'm guessing you can rely on that wesker file in umbrella chronicles if you want but that alone isnt enough for me.
Well if a virus can turn people into t rex and than make them return to normal in a second and can also make carla a copy of ada i guess it is possible that a virus can change a man into a woman... There is nothing "supernatural" here

Also yeah wesker file play a role hear

mert20004

Well if a virus can turn people into t rex and than make them return to normal in a second and can also make carla a copy of ada i guess it is possible that a virus can change a man into a woman... There is nothing "supernatural" here

Also yeah wesker file play a role hear
I think you're completely ignoring the fact that c-virus contains special t-veronica strain which is a more crazier virus than t-virus found in t+g.

Not to mention; it took simmons a good amount of effort to find someone similar to ada's genes since he wasted 12235 people in experiments. Meanwhile morpheus took the syringe and suddenly turn into a woman. Also for some reason; she changes gender again after mutating to her 2nd form.

And no carla didnt suddenly have ada's personality, simmons trained her for a good amount of time. It didnt happen suddenly with the virus. Not to mention; she still had her original thoughts and they began to surface more and more eventually.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think you're completely ignoring the fact that c-virus contains special t-veronica strain which is a more crazier virus than t-virus found in t+g.

Not to mention; it took simmons a good amount of effort to find someone similar to ada's genes since he wasted 12235 people in experiments. Meanwhile morpheus took the syringe and suddenly turn into a woman. Also for some reason; she changes gender again after mutating to her 2nd form.

And no carla didnt suddenly have ada's personality, simmons trained her for a good amount of time. It didnt happen suddenly with the virus. Not to mention; she still had her original thoughts and they began to surface more and more eventually.
So just because the virus had t veronica virus in it i should buy the fact that simmons turn into a tiger than turn to human than into a t rex than human again than into a flying monster? But it's stupid that a virus turn a man into a woman? :confused:

mert20004

So just because the virus had t veronica virus in it i should buy the fact that simmons turn into a tiger than turn to human than into a t rex than human again than into a flying monster? But it's stupid that a virus turn a man into a woman? :confused:
No for simmons' mutations; there are more factors than that. Which ı said here. Can you check the reply ı made to uniqteas?

D

Deleted member 21244

No for simmons' mutations; there are more factors than that. Which ı said here. Can you check the reply ı made to uniqteas?
Yeah i read it, and it's not well explained, t rex part didn't make much sense in my opinion

Also man can turn into woman's whit surgery in real life so it's more plausible to have someone turning into a woman whit a virus than someone turning into a t rex

mert20004

Yeah i read it, and it's not well explained, t rex part didn't make much sense in my opinion
Carla added animal genes to some of the c-virus strains including to one of the enhanced strains which is used to infect simmons. That's why most of the bows are animal based in the game. Like napad, strelats, brzak etc.

I think you should go to project umbrella site and read the re6 files there.

D

Deleted member 21244

Carla added animal genes to some of the c-virus strains including to one of the enhanced strains which is used to infect simmons. That's why most of the bows are animal based in the game. Like napad, strelats, brzak etc.

I think you should go to project umbrella site and read the re6 files there.
This dosent make it less strange and supernatural imo

From the post before: man can turn into woman's whit surgery and steroid in real life so it's more plausible to have someone turning into a woman whit a virus than someone turning into a t rex

Also it still make me laugh that we talk about realism in the re universe, and i find strange you are ok whit a virus that turn people into t rex and tiger and instantly turn them back into human again but you are not ok whit a virus that turn a man into a woman

mert20004

This dosent make it less strange and supernatural imo

From the post before: man can turn into woman's whit surgery and steroid in real life so it's more plausible to have someone turning into a woman whit a virus than someone turning into a t rex

Also it still make me laugh that we talk about realism in the re universe, and i find strange you are ok whit a virus that turn people into t rex and tiger and instantly turn them back into human again but you are not ok whit a virus that turn a man into a woman
I dont think a man can change his voice to sound like a woman's in real life. Body can be changed ı guess but voice isnt possible.

If they are twins then the voice changing might be possible ı guess since alfred sounds like alexia in recv and darkside chronicles when you find him at some point.

So according to you; morpheus' mutation is more believable than hunters and chimeras then since animal genes were also used to create those bows.

I dont mind realism that much in resident evil either but for viruses; ı want a good backstory. Dead aim doesnt have that with t+g virus unlike re6 that has good backstory with c-virus in the files.

I mean you dont see me complaining about main heroes' over the top stunts here. ( Even though you do when it comes to re6. ) But for viruses that doesnt have backstory, ı will complain like ı did for re7 and dead aim.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

I dont think a man can change his voice to sound like a woman's in real life. Body can be changed ı guess but voice isnt possible.

If they are twins then the voice changing might be possible ı guess since alfred sounds like alexia in recv and darkside chronicles when you find him.

So according to you; morpheus' mutation is more believable than hunters and chimeras then since animal genes were also used to create those bows.

I dont mind realism that much in resident evil either but for viruses; ı want a good backstory. Dead aim doesnt have that with t+g virus unlike re6 that has good backstory with c-virus in the files.

I mean you dont see me complaining about main heroes' over the top stunts here. ( Even though you do when it comes to re6. ) But for viruses that doesnt have backstory, ı will complain like ı did for re7 and dead aim.
Hunter and chimera were mad whit a different experimentation, and make sense to me, also hunter and chimera didn't return to human form in just one second to than transform again like simmons did
Yeah re 6 file explain it, and i m ok whit it, but still the explanation didn't make it more plausible, just because an explanation exist dosent mean it's a plausible or good one

Also you are not ok whit morpheus changing his voice into that of a woman , but you are ok that simmons can roars like a t rex after transforming and than can talk human again after he return to Normal? camon XD

mert20004

Hunter and chimera were mad whit a different experimentation, and make sense to me, also hunter and chimera didn't return to human form in just one second to than transform again like simmons did
Yeah re 6 file explain it, and i m ok whit it, but still the explanation didn't make it more plausible, just because an explanation exist dosent mean it's a plausible or good one

Also you are not ok whit morpheus changing his voice into that of a woman , but you are ok that simmons can roars like a t rex after transforming and than can talk human again after he return to Normal? camon XD
I never said they return to their human form since t-virus doesnt contain t-veronica in it. Though some of the re6 bows were also experimentation.

So you're fine with mutated steve returning to his human form once before dying and yet you're not fine with simmons doing it multiple times even though he's infected with enhanced c-virus which is an even crazier version of c-virus which contains modified t-veronica in it?

Dont see your point with the " just because an explanation exist dosent mean it's a plausible or good one " statement; c-virus is explained good enough in the files and they are plausible enough. Mold and t+g viruses arent and they are instead stupid.

Sounding like a woman isnt the same case as sounding like an animal not to mention ı already told you that some of the c-virus strains contain animal genes. Meanwhile ı dont get how t or g viruses are involved with gender changing.

And simmons doesnt sound normal after turning back to his human form. Compare his voice tone when he talks to leon at the start of leon chapter 3 and compare his voice tone after he returns back to his human form. It's a small detail but he sounds a bit different due to the virus. Not to mention he cant even talk after some point since the virus at that point has killed most of his brain cells. After ada saves leon and impales simmons with an arrow while throwing him to the lower floor of the tower; all he can do is scream. He cant talk at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom