• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Video Game Boss Fights

Turo602

The King of Kings
Simple thread, just share some of your favorite boss fights from any game and why. I've seen this type of thread multiple times in the Resident Evil sections and while Resident Evil has had some phenomenal boss fights, I figured we get more variety here.

Ganondorf - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda series has had many great boss fights throughout the years, but my favorite by far is the duel with Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. You have to go through several phases before you finally fight Ganon one on one, but the build up is fantastic. My personal favorite parts of the battle are the horse chase and the final showdown.

Mr. Freeze - Batman: Arkham City

Boss fights have never really been one of the Arkham games best qualities. They've been okay but nothing special... until you face Mr. Freeze in Arkham City. What makes this boss fight great and stand out amongst most boss fights in any video game is that he doesn't have a simple attack and repeat pattern. Once you attack him a specific way, that's it. You can't attack him the same way twice. You have to constantly time and set up your attacks like an epic game of cat and mouse. He's even more fun on the hardest difficulty because you're forced to attack him in every possible way.

Gorog - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
I'm a fan of any giant monster fight in hack and slash games, but this one definitely stood out to me in what I'd call one of the most underrated games ever. The fight is pretty typical for the genre but I'm a huge fan of Star Wars so this one got some major points for letting me be a Jedi and feel all sorts of badass. That free falling segment alone made the whole fight for me.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Crush - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - A very simple boss battle, but fun nonetheless...

Perfect Chaos - Sonic Adventure - The final boss of the game...Only unlocked after beating the game with every single character. You play as Super Sonic taking on what is Bassically Godzilla made of Water...the music, the design, and the build up were all brilliant...

Mendez - Resident Evil 4 - Perhaps the most frightening boss in the game...all of us on here should be familiar with this boss...

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Vergil, third encounter- Devil May Cry 3
I really like this fight. Despite all your upgrades and weapons, Vergil can still kick your ass hard if you slip up, so this fight requires you to be on your toes, more so than the other DMC3 fights required. Plus it's so satisfying to deliver the final blow, plus the feels you get from Dante mourning his brother afterward with Lady.

Pyramid Head, final encounter- Silent Hill 2
The actual fight wasn't all that special, but I really liked the symbolism behind it. James finally accepts that he had murdered Mary and chooses to face his executioner(s) head on. And then he overcomes them, allowing himself to move on to final challenge: facing up to Mary or letting go of Maria, depending on the ending you get.

Redxplatinum

Vergil 2nd encounter from DMC3
The music was good and it's the first time Vergil used his DT on you

Mastermind from Ace Attorney Investigations 2
The whole game was building up to his character and past and it felt awesome bringing him down!
Not really a fight but I guess it's more of a battle between logic....

Azel - God's Hand
This guy is the Devil's hand. LOL

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Hmm . . . Lots of memories here.

Alexia: RECVX
The Gorilla Robot: Binary Domain
The . . . Whatever Wheel chair guy: Silent Hill Downpour
Every DMC 3 Boss
Mundus:DmC

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Young Xehanort (Kingdom hearts Dream Drop Distance)

This guy uses time travel to restart the battle if you don't stop him in time which is pretty cool, if he does then he starts the battle with his stronger less relenting attacks.

He was also the secret boss battle in birth by sleep where he uses similar techniques, but being a secret boss he was a lot harder and took me months to beat him.

Ubivisto (with Ada) (Resident evil 6)
I like the use of the grapple hook and different environments.

Pyscomantis (metal gear solid)
I like how Meryl is taken over and you have to protect her by attacking her but not killing her obviously. And all the cool little tricks that he plays on your hardware, when my dad showed me the scene where he "moves the controller" My jaw dropped to the floor.

MissDomino

Premium
Luca Blight from Suikoden 2.
The most memorable part of the game, no doubt. It takes 3 parties, a one on one fight with the hero AND hundreds of arrows to bring this crazy guy down.
Plus he's got an awesome theme during the boss fight.

Also this!
This boss is all over the screen and moves the whole stage too. All the Einhander bosses are great.

And this! Skip to 5:30
Although I've never had the pleasure of playing Segagaga. This is nuts.

I would also like to mention Super Shredder on TMNT Hyperstone Heist (love being turned into a baby turtle), Justice from Guilty Gear and the fiends from Shin Megami Tensei 3 (especially the Matador).

And who could ever forget good old Mid-Boss from Disgaea :D

Last edited:

ArabPikachu

I'll have to go with Abyss from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 as my #1 favorite boss until Capcom makes me a Fighting-game that I find more enjoyable.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
  • Biggie Man - Splatterhouse (2010)
  • Yelena - Deus Ex 0: Human Revolution
  • Namir - Deus Ex 0: Human Revolution
  • Elvis - God Hand
  • A certain rotund, blubbery f*ck - Deadly Premonition
  • Norman - Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid: Integral
  • Final Level Boss Rush - Street Fighter 2010

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Azel - God's Hand
This guy is the Devil's hand. LOL

God Hand had some awesomely difficult boss battles. My favourite encounters were always with Elvis.
Which encounter with Devil Hand did you prefer? He had two, I believe. One where he "tests your abilities" and one just before the final boss where he gives you his God Hand so you can fight it.

Redxplatinum

God Hand had some awesomely difficult boss battles. My favourite encounters were always with Elvis.
Which encounter with Devil Hand did you prefer? He had two, I believe. One where he "tests your abilities" and one just before the final boss where he gives you his God Hand so you can fight it.

I liked his final encounter more. I got to know more of Azel's back story and made the fight have more meaning. During his first encounter I barely knew who he was.

I found Elvis hilarious with his Spanish trash talk.

Popo

Body Weapon- Shinobi 3
The End- Metal Gear Solid 3
The Beast - Infamous 2
Shao Kahn - Any mortal kombat

Top Bottom