• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Stand-Up Comedy Bits

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
In the "Get to know Each Other" thread, I mentioned being a huge stand-up fan, with @Rain611 chiming in about the subject as well. So why not share some of your favorite bits, jokes, comedians, and/or compliations? I'd LOVE to find out about new comedian's from you guys that I haven't had the fortune of hearing yet, and dissecting their style. In the mean time, here's a segment from one of my all time FAVORITE comedians, the king of the One-Liner, Stephen Wright!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In our warehouse, we had a habit of playing Jim Gaffigan because he can make a joke about just about anything and I don't have to worry about him saying something ****ed up. I am in charge of HR as well as my regular duties of Food Safety and Organic Certifications, so I definitely try to keep things from getting out of control back there.

Now - each and every day - My Aunt Nancy (who is our company chef and receptionist) sends me a new Jim Gaffigan skit on Facebook. My Facebook feed is Gaffigan after Gaffigan. I appreciate it though. Keeps me entertained. How much different Food Chains can this guy write a 10 minute set about? It is an amazing feat!

Recently saw Brian Reagan and he is still as good as he was a decade ago. Wish I brought my glasses so I could see his pupils change directions. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I mostly watch Drew Lynch. He came in 2nd place on America's Got Talent for his stand up and is recognizable because of his stutter. He has a service dog named Stella that sometimes accompanies him in his videos and she's adorable.

I also like Bo Burnham. He plays the piano while he does stand up, but I can see how his stuff might me a little abrasive for some people. I enjoy it.

I also like Lewis Black, Jim Gaffigan and Howie Mandel.

I'm probably the only person in the world who can't stand Jeff Dunham. Fun fact.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am not a big fan of Jeff Dunham. I was when he was new and novel. My roommate in college, Rob, was REALLY in to the act and did all of the voices during conversations.

But after a while, the jokes all blend together. He has charm to him, but it is not something I am in to.

I was really in to Bo Burnham for a minute. It piqued when he had a cameo on one of my favorite episodes of Parks And Rec where he plays an over the top, abusive to his manager parents Country Star named Chip McCapp. He sings this little song that makes me laugh every time I hear it because I'll be damned if it ain't the perfect Country Song. "I'll bring the girls. You bring the beer. And the troops will bring the freedom."

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Recently saw Brian Reagan and he is still as good as he was a decade ago. Wish I brought my glasses so I could see his pupils change directions. haha
Brian Regan is fantastic. His stand up is some of the funniest clean stand up I've ever seen, and his appearance on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee was golden...
I also like Bo Burnham. He plays the piano while he does stand up, but I can see how his stuff might me a little abrasive for some people. I enjoy it.

I also like Lewis Black, Jim Gaffigan and Howie Mandel.

I'm probably the only person in the world who can't stand Jeff Dunham. Fun fact.
I can't stand Jeff Dunham either, but I'll give him credit. He's good for like...edgy middle schoolers to get into comedy, only to become legit fans of comedy years later and talk about how much you hate him XD. I've heard that story a few times.

Bo is more Clever than he is funny to me. Like, I like him. Don't get me wrong. He's funny. But I more find myself sitting there being impressed at his wordplay ability than I find myself actually laughing. Now one of his biggest influences is Hans Teeuwen, who's a Dutch Absurdist. Bo found out about him when he was doing comedy early on, and the idea some teenage American kid got into comedy because of a Dutch comedian with NO name here in America blows my mind.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I've never heard of Hans. I'll have to look him up.

Edit: This guy is great, thanks for mentioning him.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Dave Chapelle is one of my favorites. His most current standup was hilarious.

I also love Jim Gaffigan’s skits as well.

I had the pleasure of seeing John Pinette before he passed away... I really need to go to more comedy shows, they’re always fun.

Probably my favorite comedy to watch though are the Comedy Central Roasts. Lisa Lampanelli, Anthony Jeselnik, Greg Geraldo, and Jeff Ross were always my favorites to watch.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Dave Chapelle is one of my favorites. His most current standup was hilarious.

I also love Jim Gaffigan’s skits as well.

I had the pleasure of seeing John Pinette before he passed away... I really need to go to more comedy shows, they’re always fun.

Probably my favorite comedy to watch though are the Comedy Central Roasts. Lisa Lampanelli, Anthony Jeselnik, Greg Geraldo, and Jeff Ross were always my favorites to watch.
Dave Chapelle is, in my opinion, the second greatest comedian of all time, second only to Norm McDonald. Good choice on this one.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
This is one of George Carlin's bits that he cleaned up for TV, but as a result, to fill up time there's more here than would be in his stage performance, like "selling like hotcakes".

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I had tickets to see his latest show years back, but I never got to see him because the show was postponed then cancelled after he checked himself into rehab and passed away.
But I still have two of his DVDs which I watch with family and friends over and over, "I'm Starvin'!" and "Still Hungry". Get me drunk in a room full of people and I'll recite them. We first saw him at Just for Laughs in the late '90s.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I had tickets to see his latest show years back, but I never got to see him because the show was postponed then cancelled after he checked himself into rehab and passed away.
But I still have two of his DVDs which I watch with family and friends over and over, "I'm Starvin'!" and "Still Hungry". Get me drunk in a room full of people and I'll recite them. We first saw him at Just for Laughs in the late '90s.

That’s awesome that you got to see him back then! My family loved him too, they have those DVDs as well and watch them occasionally around holidays and stuff. He seemed like such a sweet guy.

Top Bottom