• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fallout

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So with so many other threads on different games, (Sonic, Final Fantasy, Super Smash Bros., Etc,) I decided to make two of my own. (The other is Silent Hill.)

So here goes!

If you haven't heard of fallout before, it's made by a few different company's. I do not know who made the first two, but as for 3, it was none other than Bethesda, and as for New Vegas, it was Published by Bethesda, but made by Obsidian.

The story for fallout 3 follows this guy, (Or girl.) Who grows up in vault 101 (I think.) And after your dad figures out how to leave the vault, you go out in to the ruins of post-apocalyptic D.C. and start the search for your dad as you kill thugs, bandits, and mutated animals.

And for New Vegas, which is probably my favorite game of all time, follows you as courier. You were given a package to deliver to Mr. House - The overseer of New Vegas - which goes wrong after you get shot in the head from this guy in a checkered suit. A robot digs you out of the grave and brings you back to a doctor. From their, you make your way back to New Vegas, and start your quest on which of the four endings you're going to get.

So anyway guy's, what is your opinion of the fallout series? I've never played the first two, nor do I want too because of the layout. I can hardly see where I'm going or what enemy's are coming.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I'd like to go back and play the first few(There's a Brotherhood of Steel game and Fallout: Tactics if I'm not mistaken) because I love the post apocalyptic setting , but I can say hands down that Fallout 3 was the most fun and rewarding gaming experience I've ever had. Ever. Sorry Resident Evil! I don't know how many hours I logged into that game, but it certainly was an excessive amount. The music, the atmosphere, the dark humor, ahhhhh snap it's just perfect!

New Vegas is tight too. IMO not the same caliber as 3(for reasons I can't really put my finger on) but its still a blast. I just installed all the DLC for it and Lonesome Road was amazing. The more I play NV the more I like it, good times.

Bring on Fallout 4 and send me a Pip-Boy, Bethesda.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Vault-Tec-Pip-Boy-3000-Clock/dp/B003JK8FZK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392914936&sr=8-4&keywords=fallout pipboy
They already sent us a pipboy!

But yeah, I think I liked New Vegas better, as it was just a better story line. Don't get me wrong, FO3's is great, but NV is just a little bit better.
its_beautiful.jpg

A friend of mine actually ordered a mold cast of a Pip-Boy you can paint/customize and wear on your arm. That's too much work for me, but that's a bad ass clock.

New Vegas is fun though, I've yet to complete it >.< Every time I start putting some good hours into something gets in the way. I do agree about the story though, I like that it's more personal than just "Hey! Let's save the D.C. wasteland area!" The only thing that makes me prefer FO3 over NV is the D.C. setting since I live not even an hour away and have seen some of the areas/walked the streets so to speak. And the soundtrack, I just absolutely love. Regardless, their both great games and I'm glad I have somewhere on this forum to nerd out over them ;)

/rant over.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I suppose it would be cool to see the city, and then see it torn to pieces :)

But man I wish I could buy that clock for A 100$ . . . And the Silent Hill Robbie The Rabbit Plush for a hundred . . . And Dante's Pendent from DMC for a 100$ . . . And a Wesker figure for a 100$ . . .
Why is video game merchandise so expensive?!

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I've put a lot of hours into both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I prefer F3 even though they made some nice improvements with NV. I just think overall as far as the add-ons and everything goes, F3 was bigger and better. I was a bit disappointed with the add-ons they released for NV.

Btw it was Black Isle Studios who made the first few Fallout games and apparently a lot of the employees who worked in that company now work in Obsidian Entertainment, who made New Vegas. I haven't played the older games yet either but I would like to eventually.

Bethesda are supposed to be making Fallout 4 atm but they said it's gonna be a while before it gets released. Something to look forward to anyway.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I suppose it would be cool to see the city, and then see it torn to pieces :)

But man I wish I could buy that clock for A 100$ . . . And the Silent Hill Robbie The Rabbit Plush for a hundred . . . And Dante's Pendent from DMC for a 100$ . . . And a Wesker figure for a 100$ . . .
Why is video game merchandise so expensive?!
I know that feel bro. I want this Rick Grimes statue but I hear it's going to be pretty damn pricey :/
rick_statue.jpg

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Right?! I can't see what it looks like when it's colored. Apparently the Michonne one from last year was like $500... I don't have that kind of disposable income lolz.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Actually, I've read that the Michonne statue was $500 in Australian dollars(I guess this person was from Australia?), and this one might be around $300... So confusing, but still so much money.

Top Bottom