• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Doubt with village of shadows difficulty?

MrTC

I already finished the game in standard/hardcore using no inifinite ammo, i started up the campaing in Village of Shadows difficulty, in the second lycan encounter (this is where you are locked up in the house with the lycan) i had 30 bullets from the LEMI shooted all of them in his head/chest and he didnt die. Not only that i did this around 50 times ( maybe more) with the same result i ended up without ammo and eventually being killed by the lycan. So there was a moment where i think i bugged the game or something like that, i was up in the 2nd floor without ammo runned to the first floor jumping the stairs and when i perhapt the lycan was inside the walls of the house so he was not able to reach me LOL. I killed him with the knife (also pretty sure i took a screenshot of the situation ill upload it later) then i saved the game in dimitrescu castle, now the real question is
I am supossed to use the infinite ammo to pass the game in this difficulty? because i think thats not challengin at all, not really sure of how am i supossed to pass the game if every lycan eats 30+ bullets from the LEMI. Like i am supossed to runaway through all the scenaries and only fight the bosses?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I already finished the game in standard/hardcore using no inifinite ammo, i started up the campaing in Village of Shadows difficulty, in the second lycan encounter (this is where you are locked up in the house with the lycan) i had 30 bullets from the LEMI shooted all of them in his head/chest and he didnt die. Not only that i did this around 50 times ( maybe more) with the same result i ended up without ammo and eventually being killed by the lycan. So there was a moment where i think i bugged the game or something like that, i was up in the 2nd floor without ammo runned to the first floor jumping the stairs and when i perhapt the lycan was inside the walls of the house so he was not able to reach me LOL. I killed him with the knife (also pretty sure i took a screenshot of the situation ill upload it later) then i saved the game in dimitrescu castle, now the real question is
I am supossed to use the infinite ammo to pass the game in this difficulty? because i think thats not challengin at all, not really sure of how am i supossed to pass the game if every lycan eats 30+ bullets from the LEMI. Like i am supossed to runaway through all the scenaries and only fight the bosses?
In order to kill the lycans in VoS, you need not only 30 shots, each of those shots needs to be a headshot and even then it's not guaranteed to kill it. VoS was meant to be played with New Game+ items. That being said, I have already seen a handful of Twitch players beat VoS with no infinite ammo or New Game+ items. Is it doable? Yes. But it's not meant to be a New Game difficulty for most players.

In my experience, with difficulties like this, it is often better to bypass all or most normal enemies and just fight bosses. Not only because ammo is limited and bosses are bullet sponges, but also because with each encounter you avoid, there is less of a chance to take damage. Also, it is fairly easy to kite enemies for the most part. There are of course exceptions, but I would highly suggest avoiding as many regular enemies as possible and save your resources for boss fights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom