• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Door opening scene

pindsen

What do you think of the effect of Zombies coming out during a Door opening sequence? I love it, and i almost **** in my pants when they came out of the door in the Police dept. A shame they haven't used it a bit more often, co's i like the effect and the thought of that it's not safe to open a door :D What do you think?

Mr Sunshine

Yeah! It was really scary! I didn't see that coming and I never re-opened this door whenever playing scenario A!

Edited: In fact it was like the cerberous scene in the original with the execption that you didn't have cerberus roaming the main hall!

loathsbane

they used it in re1, after you killed the snake and went through the underground rooms. you end up in the kitchen and when you try to open a door a super zombie comes through it.

Mr Sunshine

True! Damn this zombie got me a clip or more to take it down!

Also, the zombie in the dinning room(Jill's version). Haha :p

loathsbane

yeah, the zombie in the kitchen took more than 5 shotgun shells to the head to kill. obviously it was made out of metal.

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
That was a bit scary, I didn't even know that there were zombies on the other side of that door, I herd moaning and groaning somewhere, and I'm thinking, 'what the hells that noise coming from' (2nd scenario) so I decide to go back out that door where I came from 'ohhhh s***t, thats where that noise came from'. thats one that was a bit scary.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I'll never forget that part in re2 lol. Totally wasn't expecting a zombie when I opened that door. Also in re1, the part where the dogs jump through the window. That scared the crap outta me xD

They really should bring back scary scenes like that in the new re games.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
[youtube]J8fG0t_BdXE[/youtube]

Skip to about 8:25 of the video and dismiss the girl in the background talking.

It was the only walkthrough I could find where someone actually opened this door. :blush: I suppose everything comes with a price.

Anthony111

THAT part was horrible and talk about unexpected! I remember my heart just leaped and had goosebumps with fear, I was worried if it would happen again in the game.

AsterikeSage

LORD OF THE MANOR XD
If that happened more then once, i would have dropped the controller and run out of my bedroom screaming. I hated that scene! But at least it did a good job or scaring the **** outta you lol

Top Bottom