• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone wish this could have gotten remastered for 2021?

Nightshade2000

UmbrellaClassified
resident-evil-outbreak-wallpaper-16.jpg

Rain611

You can't kill me.
At the risk of being called a troll again - no, I don't wish this was remastered for 2021. I personally thought that the outbreak games were highly overrated, with their only redeeming quality being the idea of having multiplayer in an RE game even before online co-op was much of a thing. I was bored by the story, there wasn't much in the way of character or story development that I can remember. The graphics weren't too bad I guess. But overall not that memorable to me.

I am so glad they are making RE8 as I like everything I've heard about it, and I'm also glad they're remaking RE4, because I didn't like the original and this is their chance to make it better. I didn't like the original RE3 but I loved the remake (I know this is not popular opinion but I don't really care.), So I've got my hopes up that I can be converted to a fan of RE4 with this remake also.

Really the only other thing on my wish list for a remake is Code Veronica because it's my favorite game in the franchise, followed by RE2 which already got remade well.

Nightshade2000

UmbrellaClassified
At the risk of being called a troll again - no, I don't wish this was remastered for 2021. I personally thought that the outbreak games were highly overrated, with their only redeeming quality being the idea of having multiplayer in an RE game even before online co-op was much of a thing. I was bored by the story, there wasn't much in the way of character or story development that I can remember. The graphics weren't too bad I guess. But overall not that memorable to me.

I am so glad they are making RE8 as I like everything I've heard about it, and I'm also glad they're remaking RE4, because I didn't like the original and this is their chance to make it better. I didn't like the original RE3 but I loved the remake (I know this is not popular opinion but I don't really care.), So I've got my hopes up that I can be converted to a fan of RE4 with this remake also.

Really the only other thing on my wish list for a remake is Code Veronica because it's my favorite game in the franchise, followed by RE2 which already got remade well.

Well whoever called you a troll was right because you are, And I bet you like Ethan because you're that type of person regardless though I;m glad resident evil 4 is being remade as long as Ashley annoying like she was in the original and let me guess you liked her *eyeroll*

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well whoever called you a troll was right because you are, And I bet you like Ethan because you're that type of person regardless though I;m glad resident evil 4 is being remade as long as Ashley annoying like she was in the original and let me guess you liked her *eyeroll*

Oh, I'm the troll huh? Because I don't agree with you? Wow. Yet you're the one continuously slinging insults. I never once was rude to you or called you names in spite of your rudeness.

I have a question for you. Why do you even bother asking questions on this forum if you blatantly refuse any answer that doesn't match your own?

Actually don't bother. I'm blocking you. You're no longer worth my time.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'm gonna have to agree with my fellow member Rain here. I haven't played that much of the Outbreak games, but my basic impression from what I've played is that the gameplay and overall structure haven't aged well - at all. Whereas some older games have aged like fine wine (like the RE1 remake), the Outbreak games are technically outdated and are a general nuisance to play. A remaster couldn't fix those issues. If you like them you like them purely because of nostalgia (which is fine, but don't come and tell me that they're amazing games because they're not).

On the other hand, a remake would be something else entirely. Seeing the destruction of Raccoon City from the perspective of ordinary citizens is still a very interesting concept that has so many possibilities. I think Resistance was a missed opportunity to make a modern Outbreak-styled game with the RE Engine, its a shame that Capcom opted for a soulless, stupid online-only multiplayer game that nobody asked for.

Top Bottom