• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Do you think they will port HD versions of this and RE0 to the PS3/XBOX?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
They released HD ports of CODE: Veronica and RE4 to these systems. Do you think they'll do the same with RE1 and 0 anytime soon? IF they did this, all main Resident Evil games will be playable on the PS3 (not sure about XBOX, since I don't have one).

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't think so. Especially since they're going to port the Chronicles games in HD (RE Cronicles Selection HD, though this was only confirmed for Japan and PS3, but I guess it will be release in the rest of the world and for XBox360 too). As RE1 and RE0's stories are told in Chronicles (a bit distorted though), I don't think they're going to port them.
Furthermore, these games are part of the exclusivity contract with Nintendo. They broke the exclusivity with RE4, but that's because the game came out much better than expected and they were going to make a lot of money with it.
But since Capcom has been porting a lot of RE games, I guess we may come aross an "RE Archives Selection HD", if the old RE games become popular in PSN.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I never got to play Remake, so I would greatly appreciate Capcom for porting it. I'm not sure if it's likely. I'd also like to see 0 and both of the Outbreak games ported too, but Remake has the best chance as it did pretty well.

sadistic_greyfox

If anything we are more than likely going to see a WiiU hd upgrade, unless Capcom does a remake again from the ground up. Believe Nintendo owns the current rights to both Zero and REmake.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i could honestly say i would love this..i don't have a working gamecube anymore so the chance to play them again would be heaven

bruno

Chief Researcher
If anything we are more than likely going to see a WiiU hd upgrade, unless Capcom does a remake again from the ground up. Believe Nintendo owns the current rights to both Zero and REmake.

No, I don't think Capcom would either re-release Remake exclusively to the WiiU or go back to the old games again.
If anything, they'd make another Nintendo exclusive using WiiU's resources (I believe they are going to continue the Revelations plot in a Nintendo platform).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No, I don't think Capcom would either re-release Remake exclusively to the WiiU or go back to the old games again.
If anything, they'd make another Nintendo exclusive using WiiU's resources (I believe they are going to continue the Revelations plot in a Nintendo platform).
Or the Chronicles series...Those would be easirly implemented in the WiiU's control scheme it would seem...

killer89

HD Port from a game with pre-rendered backgrounds (simply put: background images.).
To me that just sounds... odd.

On veronica, 4 and Chronicles that was somewhat possible, since those games have 3D worlds.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I don't think they should, I think the remake and Zero is meant to be played on the gamecube, where it belongs. You can also play it on Wii, with either the Cube release or Wii release... which I always thought was kinda silly that they rereleased it on wii when the wii plays cube games.

SIG_Lover

Leis gach deagh dhùrachd.
I never owned a Gamecube, but I have been pushed to buy one cheap on Amazon (they can go for just over £40 with the necessary accessories), simply for REmake and Resi. Evil Ø.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
They released HD ports of CODE: Veronica and RE4 to these systems. Do you think they'll do the same with RE1 and 0 anytime soon? IF they did this, all main Resident Evil games will be playable on the PS3 (not sure about XBOX, since I don't have one).
I've been wondering about this for quite a while and i think i know why they haven't its because the bloody nintento has the rights to those games !!
resident-evil-archives-resident-evil-0.jpg
resiremakebox.jpg

Unlike RE4 REmake and RE0 received funding via Nintendo much like bayonetta 2 and they were ported only to WII as RE:archives but weren't made for any other console till now... so yeah blame nintendo Capcom would have to re-negotiate those titles to no longer be Nintendo exclusive and capcom already has its hands full of problems.

Otherwise it would be foolish of capcom to NOT release those games which defines the whole series and survival horror as a whole chronicles is just a poor attempt at a house of dead game IMHO they suck.

Top Bottom