• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Do you think there will ever be more dlc's?

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I really am disappointed that there is no Ada Wong dlc's similar in a way as Separate Ways for Resident Evil 4.

That dlc (even if it's paid dlc just add it pls) would revolve around how Ada Wong got to Raccoon City, what she was doing before meeting Leon in underground parking garage and tell the story similar to Death's Door how she escaped Raccoon City.

I was really looking forward to this dlc, I hoped it would be released something like this, but seeing how the game is now almost 5 months old, no any news... I doubt there will be anymore dlc, such a shame! Nonetheless this game is still the best game ever made imo, oh and by the way since there were no crows and spiders, they could've used Ada Wong story mode excuse to add these if they werent in main game

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I hope they don't have more DLC. In many cases I don't feel that DLC does any favors for a game, and in cases where devs arent planning for a DLC, I think they do more justice to that game. Take for example the new God of War. That game was amazing and they initially had zero plans for a DLC.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I honestly see no point in any more story content for this game or anything else that isn't really part of the original RE2. Even Ghost Survivors felt a bit unnecessary. However, the only DLC I would care for would be a fixed camera mode. I've seen mods of it and it looks incredible. Would definitely make for an awesome throwback and give fans another reason to revisit the game.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
DLC's, no matter how extensive, will still require a certain amount of workload on Capcom employee's. I'd rather see them working on the next RE game.

Of course, there was that rumor going around that Jill's campaign from RE3 would be released as a standalone DLC to the RE2 remake. But that would've been kind of demeaning to RE3's legacy.

D

Deleted member 21244

They didn't even complete the main story by doing that awful b scenario, so I really doubt they will do new dlc

I would have liked an ada dlc that cover the part from umbrella chronicles, but the original re 2 doesn't have this so they didnt do that for this remake...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I can only dream.

The DLC we got was like a SUPER challenge.

I want something more story and lore driven. Having a challenge is fine, but I want to enjoy my time playing the game too. haha.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I mean, there is one thing that they could add in as DLC, the Battle Mode from the original

or something like Mercenaries? IDK

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
A return of the Mercs would be great! I would love that idea!

Maybe even Mercs evolved where you can build a character as you unlock new weapons and abilities as you unlock more characters. Minimum of 7 maps. Different games modes: Survive the horde, Kill the boss, Team Deathmatch (with enemies in the map as well). Could be fun.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
A return of the Mercs would be great! I would love that idea!

Maybe even Mercs evolved where you can build a character as you unlock new weapons and abilities as you unlock more characters. Minimum of 7 maps. Different games modes: Survive the horde, Kill the boss, Team Deathmatch (with enemies in the map as well). Could be fun.

Hm, not sure about them adding Mercenaries, maybe they'll just add an updated version of Extreme Battle and leave it at that.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I highly doubt anything is going to be added and as enticing as Mercs sounds, I'm not sure how exactly that would work unless they create completely new maps. Otherwise, the locations in the game aren't really designed like arenas to be facing off against a bunch of enemies, and the enemies themselves don't really fit the faster action pace of Mercenaries.

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

I highly doubt anything is going to be added and as enticing as Mercs sounds, I'm not sure how exactly that would work unless they create completely new maps. Otherwise, the locations in the game aren't really designed like arenas to be facing off against a bunch of enemies, and the enemies themselves don't really fit the faster action pace of Mercenaries.
They can make like the mercenaries from re 3 more like a survival than an action oriented like Re 4 5 and 6

Turo602

The King of Kings
They can make like the mercenaries from re 3 more like a survival than an action oriented like Re 4 5 and 6

Mercenaries is pretty established now though with a game based on it on 3DS pretty much solidifying what the mode is all about, which is fast paced arcade action. At this point, they're better off creating a new mode that plays to the game's strengths. Pretty much how like Revelations had Raid Mode which was very different from Mercs. Ghost Survivors kind of fills that role already though. It's just a shame they didn't think to make more characters playable or even expand it.

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

Mercenaries is pretty established now though with a game based on it on 3DS pretty much solidifying what the mode is all about, which is fast paced arcade action. At this point, they're better off creating a new mode that plays to the game's strengths. Pretty much how like Revelations had Raid Mode which was very different from Mercs. Ghost Survivors kind of fills that role already though. It's just a shame they didn't think to make more characters playable or even expand it.
They should have put the original extreme battle or mercenaries mode whit re 2 remake new mechanic
Mercenaries was last see 7 years ago so they can change it if they want to be incorpored in re 2 remake...
But actually I don't think they will ever make new content, they should have already announce it, 6 month passed since resident evil 2 release

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I still like to think they will make an ada dlc chapter mimicking what happens to her according to darkside chronicals after falling from the lab bridge. They have this mechanic of using her device to solve puzzles with electronics for a very short section in the game.

Top Bottom