• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Do you think capcom will continue the story from RE6 or begin a new one?

black 93

Ok so, a lot of people may disagree but i think RE6 had a decent story. Minus the forgettable "family" it did bring a lot new to the table. It brought in weskers son, it brought back sherry birkin and explained how being infected with the G virus in 98 still affects her to this day, it gave chris' story a new direction considering everyone thought he was done after 5, and it actually had links to past games which a lot of people overlook. People think simmons came out of nowhere, but he was actually involved all the way back to the destruction of raccoon city and had been involved with ada. That being said, do you think capcom will continue with these storylines or do you think RE6 will be one of those stand alone games like RE4? People are saying all kinds of things but i think jake should have some future role. I mean come on, he's albert weskers son. It would feel like one big plothole to have him come in then never be seen again. Maybe he could switch sides, since he has wesker in him he could research his dad and come round to his way of thinking, ya never know. The story with umbrella, wesker and spencer all came to an end with RE5, wesker and spencer were all that was left and they both died in 5, so 6 tried something new. Or do you think capcom will go with revelations 2's story? with alex and natalia? or mash them together? or create something entirely new considering 7 could be the start of a third trilogy? Personally i have a feeling capcom are gunna try something totally new with 7, they may refrence past games to create a sense of consistency like they did in revelations 2, but i think 7 is gunna be the start of a new chapter for resident evil. A third trilogy, with a new tone, setting and story.

IntoxNitram

I think we will see a lot of new characters, which in itself will mean a new story set a far bit ahead from any other game. There may be a few cameos and references to other characters but I think we will see a new set of characters (maybe another S.T.A.R.S division entirely?) which will sort of reboot the entire story, maybe even away from Raccoon City? Wouldn't be hard to work that into a story line somewhere and make it work just so they can sort of refresh the game with Resident Evil 7.

Good question.. I don't want them to start over actually. But i do want them to stop making the games about the old characters. They're getting old and it's very hard for new players to actually get to know these characters because they have such a long history.

I would rather want them to make a game that had Sherry or Moira as main characters. These girls have a story in the Resident Evil universe but haven't been talked about much yet. So if they had one of them in the new game it could be like a new start. And also, please capcom stop naming Resident Evil in numbers! This will also make it really hard for new people wanting to buy the games. They will just think 'Oh RE7 well i haven't played any other so I can't start at RE7' Name it 'Resident Evil New Beginnings' or something cheesy like that.

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
Ya I completly agree with you. I think Sherry and Jake should have a big role. I mean they already introduced Jake as a character and as Albert Wesker's son.... So to take that back would be a huge **** you in the face in all honesty

Darth Spencer

I hope they connect The Family to Umbrella. Maybe Oswell Spencer was a member of The Family? Maybe The Family is what allowed Umbrella to get away with everything for 30 years?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
There is a lot of debates of what the story will be and who the main protagonists will be. I have a few theories as to who. There are about 3 or 4 characters I can think of that would fit the role. Another 2 who may work.

Also I think we've only seen just the beginning of Alex Wesker. She's been built up quite a while and if you read deeply into it. Revelations 2 was practically an origins story for her character. She said it herself "A prelude to my true birth". There are many other things that suggest this is just the beginning of what's to come.

I think if the odd/even formula continues (Odd games follow the Wesker plotline and the even numbered games are Leon/Ada) I think RE8 might be Leon's last mission. Uncovering secrets about The family and potentially Umbrella. As well as Ada's true agenda. Perhaps the Organization.

There is lots of story still to be told for Resident Evil. A reboot would be the stupidest thing Capcom could do. It'll be a soft-reboot in the vein RE4 was. After all the setting of Umbrella Corps is set after the events of RE6. Revelations 2 builds up so much for the foundations of the future. RE6 introduces new characters that are set up for a future.... *coughs* Jake *coughs*. We also have a story arch from the first Revelations to be accounted for. There may be a huge plot twist incoming in that regards. Jessica may become a forgotten character. She's hot but has no real substance to follow. As for Raymond... well there is just something about him that could be interesting for the future. Like Ada he walks the line of good and bad. In addition to that.... heh. Take a close look at him something seems familiar. Oh and no... I am not referring to the "OMFG The Sunglasses! He must be a Wesker that got away" theory -_- I'm not going to state my theory because I want to see if anyone else can see it. :p

So yeah... Capcom has too much to continue on to even consider a reboot. They made so many future plotlines with RE6 and Rev 1 because they were planning to make RE an annual franchise and needed enough story to achieve that.

Darth Spencer

How about a game where Jake investigates his family? Albert Wesker's biological parents did something that attracted Spencer's attention. Surely Jake wonders who his grandparents are?

black 93

A question for you all, how would you feel if jake turned sides in future? I mean, he has wesker in him and obviously hates chris. Maybe he could research albert and his motives, and come around to his way of thinking? I think the potential is there, he was innitially aggressive to everyone he met in 6, he got in leons face and pushed him away from sherry and was prepared to kill chris. Everyones saying how chris is an old man now and he's gotta be close to the end, well what if is his end was at the hands of jake? That would really make people sit up and be like "whoa". He's also got weskers immunity to virus' so that could make him really dangerous. Or jake could become the next big hero and we could see him face his aunt (man thats weird to say out loud lol). Either way, i think jake has some serious potential.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
How about a game where Jake investigates his family? Albert Wesker's biological parents did something that attracted Spencer's attention. Surely Jake wonders who his grandparents are?

Insignificant and it wouldn't work. All of the Wesker children were abducted by random parents that both had high IQ's. There is nothing significant about them and none of the Wesker children are related. I think there is still a lot that can be learned about Albert's character. I mean he did have a child he never knew about.... meaning there's something there.

A question for you all, how would you feel if jake turned sides in future? I mean, he has wesker in him and obviously hates chris. Maybe he could research albert and his motives, and come around to his way of thinking? I think the potential is there, he was innitially aggressive to everyone he met in 6, he got in leons face and pushed him away from sherry and was prepared to kill chris. Everyones saying how chris is an old man now and he's gotta be close to the end, well what if is his end was at the hands of jake? That would really make people sit up and be like "whoa". He's also got weskers immunity to virus' so that could make him really dangerous. Or jake could become the next big hero and we could see him face his aunt (man thats weird to say out loud lol). Either way, i think jake has some serious potential.

I don't think we will see Jake turn evil. It's not in him at all. He's dedicated to fighting bioterrism and had a change of heart from his selfish ways. Did you see him defend the kid at the end of the game? He was aggressive to Leon because he never met or knew of Leon. He was protecting Sherry and he is over protective of doing so. As for Chris.... He wanted to kill him but couldn't, and I don't see him doing it either.

I think if anyone might kill Chris, it's going to be Alex. We may see her kill Chris or Claire to hurt the other, take a "brother" or "sister" from the other. Also Alex is NOT Jake's aunt xD She only considered Albert as a "brother" because they shared similar experiences because they were both victims of Project W. They aren't blood related.

As much as people want to hate on Jake. I think he's here to stay and I agree that he has a lot of potential. He's an amazing character and I fail to see why people think otherwise. He's better written than a majority of the characters in the series. It seems to be one of those cases where "everybody's wrong". I just hope Capcom doesn't throw him in the trash. They built something quite future proof with him, something with promise. But it is also true that RE6 and Rev 1 set up the series to become and annual franchise. Something that Capcom came to their senses and stopped.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
No one is killing Chris. No one.

I think it would be in their best interest to base the next game off of RE6. Im intrigued with Jake's character and would like to see more interaction with him and Chris as well (I also wouldn't hate it if Wesker were somehow brought back but I know that is wishful thinking- I'd imagine he would make some crude abortion joke to Jake lolz).

I'm not sure how Revelations 2 ends with Alex but I think it would be pretty cool to see her featured in the next main title if she's still around.

The first Revelations however I think is completely stupid. I really didn't care for any of the newer characters featured in that game so therefore I would not care if Capcom completely forgot about that game all together.

Last edited:

black 93

Insignificant and it wouldn't work. All of the Wesker children were abducted by random parents that both had high IQ's. There is nothing significant about them and none of the Wesker children are related. I think there is still a lot that can be learned about Albert's character. I mean he did have a child he never knew about.... meaning there's something there.

I don't think we will see Jake turn evil. It's not in him at all. He's dedicated to fighting bioterrism and had a change of heart from his selfish ways. Did you see him defend the kid at the end of the game? He was aggressive to Leon because he never met or knew of Leon. He was protecting Sherry and he is over protective of doing so. As for Chris.... He wanted to kill him but couldn't, and I don't see him doing it either.

I think if anyone might kill Chris, it's going to be Alex. We may see her kill Chris or Claire to hurt the other, take a "brother" or "sister" from the other. Also Alex is NOT Jake's aunt xD She only considered Albert as a "brother" because they shared similar experiences because they were both victims of Project W. They aren't blood related.

As much as people want to hate on Jake. I think he's here to stay and I agree that he has a lot of potential. He's an amazing character and I fail to see why people think otherwise. He's better written than a majority of the characters in the series. It seems to be one of those cases where "everybody's wrong". I just hope Capcom doesn't throw him in the trash. They built something quite future proof with him, something with promise. But it is also true that RE6 and Rev 1 set up the series to become and annual franchise. Something that Capcom came to their senses and stopped.
Ahhh i see...i honestly thought they were related as in real brother and sister...boy i feel a dumbass now haha

Darth Spencer

(I also wouldn't hate it if Wesker somehow was somehow brought back but I know this is wishful thinking- I'd imagine he would make some crude abortion joke to Jake lolz).
If anyone should be brought back from the dead, it's Oswell Spencer. His only appearance raised more questions than it answered and RE6 made me curious about his connections.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I aways imagine Natalia trying to make Jake join her in her evil plans somehow... That evil smirk at the end of revelations 2 always creeps me out.
It would be nice to bring back Rebecca or Billy ( or both XD).

Airaku

Stray Jedi
No one is killing Chris. No one.

I think it would be in their best interest to base the next game off of RE6. Im intrigued with Jake's character and would like to see more interaction with him and Chris as well (I also wouldn't hate it if Wesker somehow was brought back but I know that is wishful thinking- I'd imagine he would make some crude abortion joke to Jake lolz).

I'm not sure how Revelations 2 ends with Alex but I think it would be pretty cool to see her featured in the next main title if she's still around.

The first Revelations however I think is completely stupid. I really didn't care for any of the newer characters featured in that game so therefore I would not care if Capcom completely forgot about that game all together.

When Chris dies (if by anyone, let it be by Alex) I will be sure to make video of his death just for you ;) maybe even a music video LOL! I will be here to constantly remind you that he is dead.

Though I am slowly working on a music video for Chris atm. A NICE one, not a mean one -_- At this rate I feel like I'll never finish it xD

As for the ending of Revelations 2... I don't really want to spoil anything but... she's pretty much the only villain in the series to "win". To be faire so did James Marcus. His motive was to bring upon the events to get his revenge on Umbrella, he did just that! William Birkin was also successful on his goals with the G-Virus, he never lived to see it. Albert Wesker succeeded in faking his death... but really no one took their goal, grab it by the balls and ripped it clean off... and walk away with a **** eating smile.

I aways imagine Natalia trying to make Jake join her in her evil plans somehow... That evil smirk at the end of revelations 2 always creeps me out.
It would be nice to bring back Rebecca or Billy ( or both XD).

Natalia ≠ Alex Wesker
They are different characters that now co-exist in the same body. It's a little confusing because a "bleeding effect" can occur and cause Natalia to become Alex, however Revelations 2 does a good job at addressing this issue and it doesn't seem like that will happen. Natalia is mentally strong enough to stop this from happening and Alex made it clear in the documents of Revelations 2 that she will see to it that this doesn't happen. The creepy smirk is Alex in control. Natalia is the innocent "bird" who is locked up by the "cage" (Alex). Also keep in mind that the Japanese version of the game (which is the main canon) makes mention of "body, mind, and spirit" Here is ONE of the translations on the issue. There are more that can be found online http://plant-42.tumblr.com/post/123922711143/file-転生の儀のための覚書-reincarnation-ceremony

PS.
I would love to see Billy and Rebecca back. To be honest I would rather have Billy back out of the two. Where he went after the events of 0 (Zero) is a huge mystery that I think needs to be explored and I think he is one of the most compelling protagonist in the whole series.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Is it possible that it will take place in between Code Veronica and 4? The fall of Umbrella occurs during this time.

Which? RE7? No the numbered titles ALWAYS take place within a year or two of the real world.

If you are referring Umbrella Corps. Capcom already announced that the game will take place in current canon and after the events of RE6.

Top Bottom