• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Do You Prefer Claire's or Leon's Overall Loadout?

Which Weapon Loadout Do You Prefer Overall?

• Claire Redfield

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Leon Kennedy

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

SLS 60 & JMB HP3 vs Matilda.
Grenade Launcher vs Shotgun.
Submachine Gun vs Magnum.
Spark Shot vs Flamethrower.
Quickdraw Army vs M19.

Tally up which wins each match up. Let me know which loadout wins the majority. Either Claire or Leon.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Not gonna pretend to know what pistols were better. I just stick to their originals since they can get modded and they both get the job done.

I prefer the shotgun over the grenade launcher. You get more use out of the shotgun than you do the grenade launcher which is only useful in specific situations. The shotgun is not only useful for some quick damage on bosses, but it's good for dispatching zombies quick with headshots.

I don't really get much use of the magnum or machine gun until the final boss. So I don't really have a preference for either.

The flamethrower all the way. The 2nd and 3rd Birkin fights and the Ivy's are so much easier because of the flamethrower. Much more useful than the spark shot.

Don't use either one so again, don't really have a preference.

Murrdogg93

Not gonna pretend to know what pistols were better. I just stick to their originals since they can get modded and they both get the job done.

I prefer the shotgun over the grenade launcher. You get more use out of the shotgun than you do the grenade launcher which is only useful in specific situations. The shotgun is not only useful for some quick damage on bosses, but it's good for dispatching zombies quick with headshots.

I don't really get much use of the magnum or machine gun until the final boss. So I don't really have a preference for either.

The flamethrower all the way. The 2nd and 3rd Birkin fights and the Ivy's are so much easier because of the flamethrower. Much more useful than the spark shot.

Don't use either one so again, don't really have a preference.

Well Claire's handguns allow you to get a laser sighted gun with an extended clip & the SLS 60, her 1st handgun, turns into a Magnum basically with the reinforced frame with high powered rounds. Matilda's upside is that your 9mm DPS is tripled due to the 3 round burst. So it's a matter of if you want eventually 2 handguns, 1 becoming a kind of Magnum, or 1 handgun with triple DPS of its competitor.

Grenade Launcher has more effective range than the Shotgun, but has much less capacity obviously. Plus Grenade Launcher is meant for Lickers, & Shotgun better for dogs. Both are good against zombies in my experience.

Spark Shot is meant for zombies or G Adults, if you get their eye. Claire's best tactic with Ivy Zombies is 1 Acid Round, then 1 Flame Round to finish them.

Magnum vs SMG is a question of semi auto, high damage per bullet, vs low damage per bullet, but rapid fire high DPS. Both can be good for G Adults & Bosses. Just depends on style preference between the two weapons.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well Claire's handguns allow you to get a laser sighted gun with an extended clip & the SLS 60, her 1st handgun, turns into a Magnum basically with the reinforced frame with high powered rounds. Matilda's upside is that your 9mm DPS is tripled due to the 3 round burst. So it's a matter of if you want eventually 2 handguns, 1 becoming a kind of Magnum, or 1 handgun with triple DPS of its competitor.

Grenade Launcher has more effective range than the Shotgun, but has much less capacity obviously. Plus Grenade Launcher is meant for Lickers, & Shotgun better for dogs. Both are good against zombies in my experience.

Spark Shot is meant for zombies or G Adults, if you get their eye. Claire's best tactic with Ivy Zombies is 1 Acid Round, then 1 Flame Round to finish them.

Magnum vs SMG is a question of semi auto, high damage per bullet, vs low damage per bullet, but rapid fire high DPS. Both can be good for G Adults & Bosses. Just depends on style preference between the two weapons.

Yeah, i know the general strategies but I don't really fight the G creatures or Lickers. The only dogs I kill are the ones in the cages and they take like 3-4 headshots from the pistol. So I don't really end up using certain weapons until boss fights, and Leon's weapons just make the game so much easier because you can use your shotgun more often, and rely almost entirely on your flamethrower from the 2nd to 3rd Birkin fight. The SMG and Magnum are optional, but they serve pretty much the same purpose for me, which is either shooting Mr. X's chest or shooting all eyes on the 4th Birkin fight. I find Claire's weapons more limiting.

Last edited:

Murrdogg93

Yeah, i know the general strategies but I don't really fight the G creatures or Lickers. The only dogs I kill are the ones in the cages and they take like 3-4 headshots from the pistol. So I don't really end up using certain weapons until boss fights, and Leon's weapons just make the game so much easier because you can your shotgun more often, and rely almost entirely on your flamethrower for the from the 2nd to 3rd Birkin fight. The SMG and Magnum are optional, but they serve pretty much the same purpose for me, which is either shooting Mr. X's chest or shooting all eyes on the 4th Birkin fight. I find Claire's weapons more limiting.

I'm the same way, tactics wise. But I use the weapons to test the tactical use on the chance for better strategies. I never actually use Flamethrower on 3rd Form. So I don't know how effective it is. I use it on 2nd form & it's great there.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm the same way, tactics wise. But I use the weapons to test the tactical use on the chance for better strategies. I never actually use Flamethrower on 3rd Form. So I don't know how effective it is. I use it on 2nd form & it's great there.

Oh, it's very effective. Especially because there's flame rounds during the battle and I just unload it all on him without hesitation because you don't really need it after that. It's all about pacing out the ammo. With the 2nd fight, I usually just let my ammo go down to the 70s, and the flame should eat away at him long enough to end the fight. Then you use the flame sparingly on the Ivys just to get them out of your way. And by the time you get to the third Birkin fight, you should have enough to end him. Though, I'd reccomend unloading some shotgun blasts or magnum rounds if you have them, maybe a grenade too, and then incinerating him. But overall, it saves a lot of ammo and the fight is over a lot quicker than if you were Claire.

Murrdogg93

Oh, it's very effective. Especially because there's flame rounds during the battle and I just unload it all on him without hesitation because you don't really need it after that. It's all about pacing out the ammo. With the 2nd fight, I usually just let my ammo go down to the 70s, and the flame should eat away at him long enough to end the fight. Then you use the flame sparingly on the Ivys just to get them out of your way. And by the time you get to the third Birkin fight, you should have enough to end him. Though, I'd reccomend unloading some shotgun blasts or magnum rounds if you have them, maybe a grenade too, and then incinerating him. But overall, it saves a lot of ammo and the fight is over a lot quicker than if you were Claire.
Interesting. I always grab the extra Flamethrower fuel from the Hiding Places roll film. So I'm guessing that definitely guarantees enough fuel for the 3rd fight to end quickly? Because I always have plenty of everything ready for 3rd Form. Last time I think I had over 40 Magnum Rounds, on Standard difficulty.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Interesting. I always grab the extra Flamethrower fuel from the Hiding Places roll film. So I'm guessing that definitely guarantees enough fuel for the 3rd fight to end quickly? Because I always have plenty of everything ready for 3rd Form. Last time I think I had over 40 Magnum Rounds, on Standard difficulty.

I actually wasn't factoring in the roll film as I usually skip it now. But yeah, you'll definitely have enough.

Murrdogg93

I actually wasn't factoring in the roll film as I usually skip it now. But yeah, you'll definitely have enough.

Awesome. I haven't played as Leon in a while. Usually just been doing Claire A due to Canon. I always get it because I'm a hoarder in RE games that aren't 4-6. I still get the Rising Rookie roll film developed every playthrough lol.

My resource gathering is why I can't play RE 1 on anything but Normal. The back tracking for items is insanely long. With RE 2, it's not as bad, due to inventory expansion & combine on pickup.

Last edited:

Murrdogg93

Claire's arsenal seems to be for players who prefer either avoiding some combat or like precise placement. SLS 60 has less capacity, so every shot counts more before reload. Grenade Launcher has less shots than the Shotgun. SMG requires a more steady hand than the Magnum, due to the full auto, plus she gets a recoil upgrade in the Suppressor. Spark Shot is a precision weapon, compared to the spray of the Flamethrower.

Leon's arsenal is about direct combat. 3 round burst handgun, an in your face shotgun, a Magnum, & a Flamethrower. All pretty direct & brutal.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I went all in on Leon's loadout.

We could talk all day about the merits of the Sparkshot VS the Flamethrower. In my opinion, the Sparkshot is better for killing big enemies and bosses while the Flamethrower is all about murdering tons of zombies or ivies all at the same time.

I prefer using the Shotgun to the Grenade Launcher because of the ability to more precisely destroy enemies. The aim is easier and I don't have to carry 2-3 different types of ammo. I suppose after a few playthroughs, you'll know when Claire needs her Flame or Acid rounds, but in the beginning, you don't know.

And the Magnum is my favorite weapon to use in any RE game. It feels powerful to use and you can definitely inflict more damage if you have good accuracy versus using the SMG.

Murrdogg93

I went all in on Leon's loadout.

We could talk all day about the merits of the Sparkshot VS the Flamethrower. In my opinion, the Sparkshot is better for killing big enemies and bosses while the Flamethrower is all about murdering tons of zombies or ivies all at the same time.

I prefer using the Shotgun to the Grenade Launcher because of the ability to more precisely destroy enemies. The aim is easier and I don't have to carry 2-3 different types of ammo. I suppose after a few playthroughs, you'll know when Claire needs her Flame or Acid rounds, but in the beginning, you don't know.

And the Magnum is my favorite weapon to use in any RE game. It feels powerful to use and you can definitely inflict more damage if you have good accuracy versus using the SMG.

I always use Spark Shot for occasional G Adult or Zombies. Never on Birkin because he can just hit you before the charged burst goes off.

Regarding Shotgun vs Grenade Launcher, I never really miss with either weapon. Rarely, I don't get a decapitation with the Shotgun. But the Grenade Launcher always puts down a zombie easily for me. Also, 1 Acid Round & 1 Flame Round on an ivy zombie permanently kills them on Standard. On Assisted, just 1 Flame Round.

With SMG vs Magnum, I don't really use either weapon until the sewers. Sometimes I use SMG for the Orphanage. But mostly, for G Adults or G3. Never really have issues with either weapon, since the Suppressor makes the SMG much more stable.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I find the Flamethrower to be easier to destroy the Ivy zombies. It feels like a waste to use the Grenade Launcher on non-boss enemies if I don't have to. But I know I have to. lol

Murrdogg93

I find the Flamethrower to be easier to destroy the Ivy zombies. It feels like a waste to use the Grenade Launcher on non-boss enemies if I don't have to. But I know I have to. lol
I barely use the Grenade Launcher on bosses. Only Acid Rounds on G1 & G3. G2 is strictly SMG & maybe Flash Grenade. G2 does go smoother as Leon for me, with the Flamethrower melting him down to beat him with 1 crane hit.

Wesker90

I had an easier time with Leon particularly because of the better secondary weapons and ammo was rather plentiful compared to Claire I guess.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I chose Claire. Grenade launcher and Sparkshot are A+. Also I prefered the SAA and SLS over the Matilda and M1911

Top Bottom