• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 DLC and updates

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Still no updates from Capcom on DLC? Heres we know,

mid December 'update'(anyone got the actual date?):
-Ada 's partner revealed 'Agent' or similar name, (new Ada co-op campaign)
-No Hope Left (extra hard difficulty)
-Camera adjust field of view (able to set the camera to a slightly further back position)

Earlier we were told about 3 multiplayer modes.. For day one dlc..Still no more info on these from anyone?

And we've also heard rumours of 4 multiplayer maps. So i wonder if anything more has come about these?

In Mercenaries you can choose 2 players (except you cant choose anymore or less)
So i am hoping this gets upgraded to 4 with say 400 enemies (it would need to be lots of really tough enemies and bosses to remain challenging)
I never owned Re5 on PC (only xbox 360) but i read about an extra PC mercenaries mode called No Mercy which had 400 enemies.

Anyway i would appreciate if anyone has any updates or anything to new! I've been playing mercenaries a lot still, got my 1000G achievements and trying to SS every character /map.
Did anyone get all the EX2 costumes yet? I've got 4 and have over 200 hours played . Takes a long time to get the RE NET points.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Famitsu recently reported that there is going to be a DLC that brings new costumes and items but nothing specific.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is the new Ada DLC going to be cannon? And if so, does it just replace her campaign completely, or is it more of an after story?

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
so if it is and i have no doubt it will be, then no sale (from me). i am more interested in possibly new character"s" (*cough*Jessica Sherawat*cough*) and the "new" maps (for Mercenaries)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, to be honest, I can think of better ways of paying homage to the game's roots than adding ugly, blocky character mods to Mercenaries mode... It was somewhat funny in Tomb Raider Anniversary, navigating a pixelated Lara Croft with pointy boobs through those big, highly detailed environments, but I hope they come up with something better for RE (and let us use it in story mode as well)...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, to be honest, I can think of better ways of paying homage to the game's roots than adding ugly, blocky character mods to Mercenaries mode... It was somewhat funny in Tomb Raider Anniversary, navigating a pixelated Lara Croft with pointy boobs through those big, highly detailed environments, but I hope they come up with something better for RE (and let us use it in story mode as well)...
I'm not saying that should be the ONLY thing they do to reference the ORIGINAL Resident Evil games. But come one, Capcom is DEFINITELY Showing they remember fans. They're SUPPOSED to be ugly. That's the fun of it. Besides, it's not like that's going to be the ONLY DLC.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
As a PC gamer and part of the minority that is constantly neglected by Capcom, I can't agree when it comes to fan support. But I guess I'm just disappointed with the costumes in general. It may sound superficial, but alternate costumes add a lot of replay value for me, and in RE6, most of the outfits are not only stupid and/or ugly, but also not available for story mode, which is sad. :(

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As a PC gamer and part of the minority that is constantly neglected by Capcom, I can't agree when it comes to fan support. But I guess I'm just disappointed with the costumes in general. It may sound superficial, but alternate costumes add a lot of replay value for me, and in RE6, most of the outfits are not only stupid and/or ugly, but also not available for story mode, which is sad. :(
The story mode part is sad, I'll give you that, but what makes the costumes so stupid? Any more stupid than some of the Alternate costumes in RE5 that is. I mean, Chris as Samurai is not different than Chris as Heavy Metal. And Leon as a pirate is no different than Sheva as Little Red Ridding Hood.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I agree on the RE5 costumes, some of them were quite... not-so-great (whereas I do like the Warrior thing; it's the ultimate proof that Chris has at least a gay vein, if he's not completely gay). I can't really lay the finger on it, to be honest. But when I see Leon as a pirate, Piers in that strange racer suit or Jake running around like a ghetto gangster when he could have had a much cooler outfit making him look like his father... I don't know. It's just stupid. And don't even get me started on Chris's Samurai dress, it has nothing to do with him and the tattoos are hideous in my opinion.

The only alternate costumes I like so far are the girls', and someone once suggested to me that one of the male characters could make use of a vampire costume. I'm not sure why, but I would have loved that.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i just found out some "interesting" things about the new things for this title, the user said; themselves said they've got a physical copy of that Famitsu magazine and revealed of these "new" things:

Coming Soon Update
1. Extra 3 Costumes Added (set 3, I assume -- these are the polygonal ones)
2. New Items Added (Edonia Diorama and Figures - shows Edonia versions of Jake, Sherry, soldier J'avo and the cocoon
J'avo, as well as the city itself)

Mid December
1 Ada Campaign Co-op
2. No Hope Difficulty Mode
3. Camera Adjustments

source link : http://www.biohaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7339&start=10

*go down on the third reply with the user name cvxfreak

........so, nothing really "interesting" to see when this thing comes out :rolleyes:

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Any DLC is good DLC for me. I don't care too much what the characters costumes LOOK like, it's their weapon layouts that i focus on.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
also, "they" said mid-December.....so that is like on the week of the 16th (december), so at best it's at the week of 16th of december, for this thing to come out; unless they change their minds *cough*

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I completely agree !!! why take out the unlockable costumes for campaign theyve been doing it sinse 4 now they just quit ?? -or dlc bullshittt!!! I dont care for blocky costumes thats cool and all , but id never use them....I want the real rcpd outfit for leon or his gangster outfit !!-please new characters and costume unlocks for campaign:)

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
the girls costumes and chris samurai were ok...The rest sucked!! I loved the costumes for 4 and 5 -favs= rcpd leon, gangster leon and heavy metal chris and buisness suit sheva . heres hoping more characters for mercs with better alt costumes too!

Top Bottom