• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you know..

Mr Sunshine

..that many B.O.W names in RE come from greek mythology?

Nemesis in ancient greek means "wrath of the gods". He is the son of Nyx
The zombie dogs are named cerberus, which was the guarding dog of the door to Hades(Hell).
TALOS was a mythical guardian of the Isle of Crete.
Nyx in greek means "night". In the games is yet a another tyrant and in greek mythology it is the Goddess of night.
In the same way, Hypnos was the god of sleep and son of Nyx.
Thanatos, the Tyrant from the Outbreak series, means death. Again son of Nyx.

I suppose there is more but I haven't played all of the RE games.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
That's a rather interesting piece of information there. I had no idea that alot of the BOWs names came from Greek mythology.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yes, i knew about that.
Chimera (RE1/REmake) is also from greek mithology (an beast wich is a mix between a snake, a lion and a goat - remember the castle puzzle in RE4?).

Mr Sunshine

bruno;69164 said:
Yes, i knew about that.
Chimera (RE1/REmake) is also from greek mithology (an beast wich is a mix between a snake, a lion and a goat - remember the castle puzzle in RE4?).

True, true. Though I haven't played RE 4.

The Drain Deimos from RE 3 are too. Deimos was the personification of dread and terror.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
bruno;69164 said:
Yes, i knew about that.

Dang, Bruno, that was the one I was going to mentioned, as I noticed it was absent from the first post.:)

And yes, I don't know if it was a referrence to RE1's enemy, but RE4 did use that a couple of times, for that same kind of puzzle...

Top Bottom