• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Desperate Escape and Costume Pack 2 released today. Your thoughts on it.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Well today is the day that the last 2 DLCs for RE5 is released. Just with the same as Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape will not be released for the PS3 until tomorrow.

So now I want to hear what you think of Desperate Escape and Costume Pack 2.

EDIT: I think that someone has already made a thread like this as this one and the other one is about the same. If they are the same then it was my fault due to that I went to sleep when I started to make this one and I didn't see the other one util I woke up. So if they are 100% the same thing then mods or admins can go ahead and close this thread.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
it's ok, the other is for DE only. i tryed the new costumes released and by far Buisness sheva is the best, with her maxed out sig and L.Hawk. i had a 144 combo and a 581,000 score on my first use with her, my partner too was B. sheva. i have yet to try DE though, it was still Downloading when i left

v iBaxter

well i thought desperate escape was not as good as LIN because its really all the same as resi 5 though the josh and rebbeca are really good mercenaries characters and rebbeca and barry is a sight to behold ! though my only concern os that every one i have come into conntact with is using chris metal because of the infinate gatling gun and it takes all the skill out of mercenaries and when a executioner comes they just stand their sparying it thinking it will go down quick and end up almost dying twice on some occationns so overall i would give 7/10 not as good as LIN.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Jason-Voorhees;67200 said:
it's ok, the other is for DE only. i tryed the new costumes released and by far Buisness sheva is the best, with her maxed out sig and L.Hawk. i had a 144 combo and a 581,000 score on my first use with her, my partner too was B. sheva. i have yet to try DE though, it was still Downloading when i left

Alright. I thought that they were both the same thing. As for what I tried out just now, I really like this new DLC. Desperate Escape was awsome and I liked it and what I really liked was that the higher the difficulty determines what kind of majini are going to pop out.

As for the new Mercenaries characters I like Rebecca the most. The only problem is with one of her attacks and of course it is the tear gas which dosen't even harm anyone it just pushes them back. I also agree with you Wesker Shades. I only played with one person today who used Chris Heavy Metal and I couldn't get any kills for myself. It made me a little annoyed.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I got this Costume Pack, makes a change to the defaults plus I can waste money now lol.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Lost in nightmares didnt have much to offer lol small puzzles if you can call running back and forth a puzzle haha I like the new monster though he was pretty cool... better then the axe guy.

DrainDeimos

The puzzles need to be given more depth but at least LiN was attempting to vary the pacing and added some small degree of backtracking and exploration. Also, even if it wasn't perfectly implemented, fighting enemies indirectly with stealth, fetch quests and environmental traps was enjoyable.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I downloaded it today, played it, and beat it with a rank S. I liked it alright. I kinda enjoyed the standoff at the end. That was pretty enjoyable...plus I love playing Jill. :lol:

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
tremor;67332 said:
I downloaded it today, played it, and beat it with a rank S. I liked it alright. I kinda enjoyed the standoff at the end. That was pretty enjoyable...plus I love playing Jill. :lol:

i liked it better than the main game, it was suspenseful and enjoyable, with an amazing ending video [see my sig]

ConvictedMP5

i played DE from the Gold edition on the 10th, i really liked it, it gave me a classic RE feel going back to the first 3. and its long if you take your time and kill all the majini's. it made my day when i saw the red executioner :)

Kosda

lost in nightmares didnt amaze me for real ...it was nice seeing the old mansion again and having it in such a wonderful graphic but i find the whole chapter TOTALLY BORING theres no action at all :S ...just this totally slow axe/whatever guys

playing desperate escape felt alotttt better : ) loved the location, love to play as jill, love the mass of enemies.

edit: i dont like this point system u have in the addons ...shooting point stars oO NO THANKS!

Iced Digger

I actually enjoy the score star system. It adds a cool little insentive to help you rise on the leaderboards.

Wesker_xSTARSx

I still think that Josh is about worthless. I can't stand his wrestling-based moves. He's too slow for my liking. It seems that he takes thwo to three times as long to pull off his moves than with Jill and her ninja moves. However, I do absolutely love the side-game. It counter-balances LiN's creeping-along pace. And as for the costume packs, they are fantastic. I've been waiting for Business Sheva to be released with all her Hunnigan-esque outfit. But, I still want more dlc. MORE! >:mad:

Top Bottom