• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Demo thoughts?

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Yes, it's a two-stick configuration, left for movement right for camera and aiming. It's great though, I think the archaic tank mechanics were more limiting than scary, and would be a step back to use in a 2012 high-profile game.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
My thoughts: Why the hell is Leon wearing a jacket in June?!
Jk, jk. I had a lot of fun with it, everything is pretty fluid. Another reason to want to hibernate until fall.

DeweySshi

Looks like the game will provide me with horror, action and adventure...so I like it. The demo made me say "October come fast! I so want to play this game!!"

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
I'm gonna hold back on this until launch night, as tempting as it is to get the demo now, i can survive, but good to see the positive feedback from it so far!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I just played the demo through twice and its not really that bad, but there is a lot of things in the demo that ****ed me off like: I cant pause the game, if I die i have to restart from the main menu, I have no clue how to bring up the HUD to see how much ammo or health I have (unless the demo is bugged for s**t and not bringing up the HUD).

Here's whats good, bad and ugly about the Demo

The Good:
-Smooth frame rate
-Loading times are not DNF load times
-The gameplay is cool, shooting or melee choice etc
-Some cool monsters
-Leon kept true to the Horror promise
-Jake's awesome
-plenty of options

The Bad:
-Screen tearing
-HUD dosnt show up
-Cant pause the game
-no checkpoints

The Ugly:
-Chris Redfield
-Loads of bugs
-The Demo was buggy as hell first playthrough but decent 2nd time

The demo is not that bad, so RE6 may be a decent game for me, but I'll still be getting rid of the game,
I have no desire to give my hard earned money to those buttf**ks at Capcom. They don't deserve it.:mad:

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
The demo was great the only downside of it was that it was kinda too short but did make nice contrasts between the 3 campaigns although if people got thrown of by Leon's campaign I can say it was the beginning of it unlike the Chris' and Jake's, that is why there was so much walking around.

And yes you walk with the left stick and look around/aim with the right but there is the option to switch them. The Summer Jam demo had already even more options added.
Speaking of pausing the game, yes you cant, you can only bring up the pda which will make u crouch, im sure they will add the option to pause the game if u r playing solo soon enough.
By Summer Jam Capcom confirmed that they r already looking into fixing the screen tearing issue, as for continues there are none cuz it was taken straight from E3 where it was up for promotion and showcase, if you die you werent allowed to play on, same reason there r no checkpoints.
Regarding the hud not showing up, i think there was an option bug ingame that made it disappear completely, it shows up every time u aim ur weapon and disappears after a while.

Besides the minor bugs, which they even warned about that there are, the demo was great. Id personally rather have the one they showed at Summer Jam though xD

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I've downloaded the demo yesterday and played extensively, and man, it bombs! I love everything about it so far. The cliffhangers, the refined shooting, the overall production quality. How does the community feel about it? :D

P.S. I've posted a detailed review of the demo on my gaming site :D
- why did you say it bombed if you thought it was good ??

M4Gord

It was OK. Unexpectedly I enjoyed Sherry's scenario more than Leon's, but I attribute this to the Leon demo not having anything happen until the very end (which is OK in the full game, but the demo not so much).

I still don't like co-op actions like opening a door to a new area. If I'm playing single player why should I have to wait for an AI?

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I did the thumbdrive trick to play it on my XBox.

I wish there were difficulty options, and I wish we got to play a little bit more of Leon's game, but other than that, I liked it.

My favorite is probably Jake's campaign, though I'll probably play Leon and Chris' campaigns first.

DarkJackal

I just played the demo last night, Leon and Chris. Its cool and i cant wait for it to come out. But i dislike the route guide alot. It remonds me of an ego raptor video of how games telling you exactly what to do and where to go and w/e.

Also i shot some zombies in the face, and just chunks of their head came off but they still came after me. I think they took the smarter/faster zombies crap to far.

Lonesurvivor2127

I just played the demo last night, Leon and Chris. Its cool and i cant wait for it to come out. But i dislike the route guide alot. It remonds me of an ego raptor video of how games telling you exactly what to do and where to go and w/e.

Also i shot some zombies in the face, and just chunks of their head came off but they still came after me. I think they took the smarter/faster zombies crap to far.

Probably as you go and upgrade your character it will only take one shot to the head to kill them but starting off you have to put as least two to the head to put them down.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Now that I think about it, I have the same problems with RE6's demo that I had with Resident Evil: Revelations' demo; too short, too easy.

Then I got the full game and was happy. :D

Top Bottom