• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Demo thoughts?

CrashOkami

The Survivor
I've downloaded the demo yesterday and played extensively, and man, it bombs! I love everything about it so far. The cliffhangers, the refined shooting, the overall production quality. How does the community feel about it? :D

P.S. I've posted a detailed review of the demo on my gaming site :D

Jwells

Moments like this i wish i had a Xbox.

i watched so many demo gameplay videos... i want to play it myself...

I can't take it anymore :cool:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Well I watched the Chris playthrough for a bit and I must say that the best part of Chris's demo and possibly his entire campaign was the part when the bartender threw the drink in his face :D So far that's my favorite part of RE6 :) Unless something else happens :D

I've yet to watch the Leon playthrough, but I dont even wanna continue watching Jake's after the first 10 seconds, I dont know why, but I just dont like it -_-

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Wesker is action-y, but I wouldn't judge him as a weak character yet, since Sherry and him talk about his payment. Why did Sherry hire him? I don't think she did because he's a one-man-army that'll take out the zombies across Edonia. Damn, I hate such teases, but I do want to play them.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Excellent write-up, CO. I'm really glad to read that you had a blast with the demo. I haven't yet been able to try it out, myself, but I'm hearing nothing but great things about it.

zeroskaterz92

there's actually new video come up on Youtube, Resident Evil 6 Summer Jam if i'm not mistaken, it shows Leon mission in the subway, the option to turn off the nav indicator, change the crosshair. also they showed 4 player co-op, i love it, there's one part where it's a cross-change co-op - Leon with Sherry while Helena with Jake in a different place. Capcom really did pull it off with the 4 player co-op.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Thanks Steve! Yes, it truly is excellent, glad I had the collector's on pre-order! Capcom seems to have really taken much of the fan feedback into consideration for this one. So far, I'm definitely sure they've pleased at least 9 out of 10 fans of any playstyle, from Chris' all-out war to Leon's handgun-horror style.

Also, yes, during this year's Summer Jam they showed off some exclusive new footage :D

zeroskaterz92

Also, yes, during this year's Summer Jam they showed off some exclusive new footage :D

also, they showed Leon's jacket. LOL looks pretty decent.

So far, I'm definitely sure they've pleased at least 9 out of 10 fans of any playstyle, from Chris' all-out war to Leon's handgun-horror style.
well, i doubt it's 9 out of 10. there are still almost half of the so called fanboys getting butthurt over it cuz it's no longer "Survival Horror", "too action-ish".

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Fanboys != fans, for me. It's just not the same. The former cling onto their "precious" like Gollum and don't want anything else, even if it's technology from 20 years ago.

zeroskaterz92

Fanboys != fans, for me. It's just not the same. The former cling onto their "precious" like Gollum and don't want anything else, even if it's technology from 20 years ago.
i'm sure we all like the classics but it's going nowhere, from the first RE to RE Outbreak #2, it's been using the same gameplay mechanic (using the same model with different skin and texture), just improved the graphics. it's time to change.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Exactly, the "fans" were kicking and moaning because Outbreak #2 didn't "innovate" or "improve" over the first, and when RE4 brings something revolutionary not just for the franchise but for a whole genre of games, they still kick and moan because "it's not RE". It's pretty difficult to listen to your fans and do as they say, you'll go bankrupt soon, you just have to find some middle ground.

zeroskaterz92

Exactly, the "fans" were kicking and moaning because Outbreak #2 didn't "innovate" or "improve" over the first, and when RE4 brings something revolutionary not just for the franchise but for a whole genre of games, they still kick and moan because "it's not RE". It's pretty difficult to listen to your fans and do as they say, you'll go bankrupt soon, you just have to find some middle ground.
thanks to RE4 with introducing the over-the-shoulder-camera, most of 3rd person games these days using it. now RE6 introducing something new, i'm pretty sure sooner or later, other dev will try to use it as an inspiration.

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
I honestly don't care about game mechanics: it could very well be a plataformer were you kill zombies by jumping on them...
I just love the history and characters...

eX29-

I have a question about the demo or gameplay. I have a PS3 so I'll probably need to wait until September 20th to play the demo (atleast I heard it becomes available to everyone around that time.), but my only question about the gameplay for people who have played the demo already IS....

Does this game's control go something like you move your character with the left stick and aim with the right stick? I hope not, but it looks that way from everything I've seen.

Thanks!

zeroskaterz92

Does this game's control go something like you move your character with the left stick and aim with the right stick? I hope not, but it looks that way from everything I've seen.
i didn't play the demo yet, but i think left stick for control movement, right stick for aim. since you can move and shoot at the same time, so yeah. even Revelations also have similar controls.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
You guys are lucky. :(
meh. It'll come out in a month or so for everyone else... I hope it's good, because I really don't like the videos I've seen.

theinternat

Queen Internet
Loved it! Especially Jake's. I can't stop playing it. i really love how they let you choose which character you want to play as, even in single player. Nothing made me happier than finally being able to play Sherry Birkin :D

To be honest i wasn't over the moon with leon's - the scenario felt predictable and kinda felt on-rails. :/ BUT - it was just a small part of the game. From all the gameplay and cinematic footage i've seen, i'm sure his campaign will pick up and kick lots of ass.

Chris's definitely felt kinda gears of war-y, but who cares?! it was enjoyable. i was relieved with how he didn't feel nearly as clunky to control as he did in 5. :)

overall, the demo was sweet and reassuring that RE6 is going to be freaking amazing. I'm just going to have a REALLY hard time not playing Jake's first.

Top Bottom