• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Demo Is A Joke

KnightReaper

What dumb **** thought a demo need a time limit. I was wanting to check out the demo before buying re8 but in never off when its available to be played. This is ****ing the dumbest thing ever and the reason I will not buy this ****ing game.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Dumb reason for not getting a game aside, I don't mind the limited time demo for games like this that don't really need a demo to sell. But the specific time and date of its availability is pretty stupid. Regardless, I've had no interest in playing the demo.

justliketheplant

I feel like they did it this way because they knew they weren't going to wow anyone with the content. If they didn't have the wonky release no one would be talking about it.

I had fun playing the castle demo, but I wasn't blown away. The RE2 remake demo and the RE7 demo had a lot of tension and creepy atmosphere. This was just running around and breaking vases. There were some chaotic moments, but very little real tension.

I think the thirty minute time limit was supposed to add suspense or urgency but instead it just made it feel rushed and didn't lend itself to savoring the experience or details. It was BEAUTIFULLY rendered and I think they should have leaned into showing that off if they couldn't deliver scares.

Resident Evil and werewolf/vampire crap are both equal-strength obsessions of mine so even if the reviews absolutely suck I still am obligated to play the hell out of this on principle.

Hardware

I don't think they were afraid of not wowing anyone: they wouldn't have released the 30 minutes gameplay footage otherwise. Or even 3 demos (Maiden, Village, Castle - 4 if we count the Village+Castle one dropping this Sunday). The demos are timed because they want people to get a taste of the game without really savoring it, so that everyone and their brothers will be buying it on Day 1. They did the same thing with RE:2. RE:3 had a demo you could play over and over and it wasn't a game they particularly cared for. The Maiden demo was the closest to RE7's Beginning Hour and, from what I've seen, it was pretty creepy. While this is not RE (it's a gothic version of 4), I am pretty sure this game is going to sell A LOT.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
This was a huge turn off for me too. I downloaded the demo Saturday morning only to see that I need to wait a week to play for what? An hour?

I think if you're going to release a demo, release a demo. Don't make it available for a small window of time once a week. Thats just ridiculous. The whole idea is to let people play the game and entice them into buying it. Can't do that if I keep missing the tiny window of time I actually have to play.

That being said, an email was sent out to RE ambassadors saying the RE8 demo WOULD function as an actual playable demo for the week before RE8s release so hopefully I'll be able to try it then.

I do intend to buy RE8 anyway but I would've liked to play the demo at some point.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I haven't tried any demo yet, not because I don't to but because I don't have access to my PS4 at the moment. Although I remember complaining about the 30 minute limit on the RE2R demo, this is obviously how Capcom likes to roll these days with their demos so it shouldn't come as a surprise. At this point, I don't mind nor do I care because demos are just a way to increase early sales anyway.

Top Bottom