• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles

Feng-Hi

Had it a week plus now and am in mixed feelings about it. For a Wii game the graphics are great, I'm relaly enjoying the extra background story but oh my god what is it with the wobbling of the camera.

It is a game I can only play for short periods of time as it simply frustrates me. I much prefer the movement of Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside seems to have gone completely OTT. Even if they are trying to say it is "more realistic" I still think 90% of us would be able to hold still enough to pop a few rounds off. Pretty much the ability to aim adequately is seriously affected by the camera.

Also the monsters still seem to keep attacking even when you shoot them and often you turn away before you can even aim at the monster to try and stop it from killing you! Before it's often the case a shotgun will stop a Licker mid-attack but this doesn't seem to happen and you find yourself dying far too quickly with very little you can do about it!

These aside though I really am enjoying the game! So I'm at odds with myself over this one but unlike Umbrella and RE4 I think when I've completed Darkside it won't be something I will replay again will probably sell it off.

So in all it has to be the least favourite of my RE games (I've not got too many or played them all) and say the story and background it offers is what is keeping me going. Overall it has to only get 5/10 from me.

Sorry had to rant a little!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I didn't like the camera too much at times, but most of the times it was okay.

I like that the zombies wouldn't run up and smack you like in UC.

Feng-Hi

Just got onto the Ashford Island and there are proper zombies coming out of the floor in a graveyard! Spot on!!!!

~Excella~

Premium
I actually liked DC a lot better than UC. A lot of it has to do with the fact that DC covers the RE games I like better but I found everything in general to be an improvement for me, personally.

Feng-Hi

The camera is the biggest gripe for me, it simply detracts from the game too much and is an unnecessary frustration. Annoyingly though I am STILL enjoying it!!!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
JadeSpeyer;66128 said:
I actually liked DC a lot better than UC. A lot of it has to do with the fact that DC covers the RE games I like better but I found everything in general to be an improvement for me, personally.

I can't help but feel cheated in the RE3 department. I mean DC's version of RE2 was really great, seeing Birkin in his different forms was really epic. Of course seeing HUNK was also cool(even if it was his RE4 Mercs outfit).

RE3 was covered in 3 scenarios, in a very innaccurate manner. What with it using Outbreak, Flashback & Desperate Times from the Outbreak series...it was cool seeing Jill & Carlos, as they both had good voices and Carlos was all remade, but the story could not have been summarized in the Chronicle way properly in UC...

CassidyAcid

I am with you on the camera thing! However, it reminds me of arcade shooter games. So I tried to think of it in that sense and it eased my frustration a little, haha.

I started this a couple of weeks ago and admit I'm guilty of not finishing it. I haven't had a lot of time, but it's not as engaging as the previous games. I think it also has something to do with the console, I'm not 100% comfortable with a Wii yet :p.

Top Bottom