• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Cut Content

Hardware

Has anyone seen this video? It's pretty interesting: it actually shows that RE3make went through a lot of reshaping. It does fit with Dusk Golem's recent posts about the game having been in development for 3 years. My two cents is that Capcom got paranoid at the last moment and opted for a faster, more streamlined game. Maybe they were afraid RE2make wasn't going to be a success and so they wanted something that was the opposite. Who knows. I am pretty positive that stuff like recycled assets from the NEST lab was included at the very last minute to patch up the game after it went through all this editing.

mert20004

Dude, did you watch the video I posted? I doesn't list what was in the OG game and got cut. It talks about what was supposedly cut from RE3make after they hacked into the game.
Yeah; ı watched. It's an interesting video but ı think the video ı linked here is a better review.

Hardware

Yeah; ı watched. It's an interesting video but ı think the video ı linked here is a better review.
But the video I linked is not a review...I don't need a video to tell me what is missing in the remake - I played RE3 endlessly back in 2000 (here in Europe it was released in March 2000 because of "Dino Crisis").

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
It's heart-wrenching to watch videos like that. As many people on this forum already know, I was very disappointed with the RE3 remake. Besides the beautiful graphics, there are very few redeeming qualities.

Hopefully, one day modders will be able to heavily modify the game and make it more enjoyable and reminiscent of the original. Videos like these show that it's fairly easy to access closed areas with mods, and Nemesis seem to be able to get around these areas with no problem.

Hardware

It's heart-wrenching to watch videos like that. As many people on this forum already know, I was very disappointed with the RE3 remake. Besides the beautiful graphics, there are very few redeeming qualities.
I myself don't think the remake of 3 is as bad as most people say, even though it could've been way better. My two cents is that they were not expecting the remake of 2 to be as well received as it has been and so asked for something that was less old-school (contrary to popular belief, the game was not made in one year, even though the later parts feel rushed: I believe they just pasted the NEST 2 together after they spent most dev time cutting content). The graphics were excellent and so was the voice acting and the writing (Jill feels like a real character for the first time in 25 years - in the past, there was always something off with her and the rest of the cast...they were Saturday morning cartoon characters at best). What saddens me is the fact that, since they are not remaking Code: Veronica, this is the last shot we got at somehow re-living the glory days: RE4 is the next remake, and I shiver at the thought of it not because I am afraid they're gonna mess it up, but because I hate it with a passion. Unless, of course, they'll go insane and decide to make it fit with the rest of the series. Highly unlikely. The best thing would be seeing a remake of the Castle build, since they now have the tech to do it, but that's just wishful thinking.

Top Bottom