• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Customization

ADRENAL LOOSE

Tattooed Machanic with a Gamer Side
just curious about how people feel about a customizable character in the resident evil series? I'm 50/50 myself on it. it would be cool but at the same time I feel it would take away from the world of resident evil. What do you think?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
i made the same post awhile back it would be awesome and give you unlimited replay value

Turo602

The King of Kings
Maybe for a spin-off but not a main series installment. The series already has a plethora of established characters and a customizable character only complicates their on-going stories.

Reactions: JHJ

RedPanda

4x the awesome
It'd be cool for like Mercs or something, or something like being able to customize the outfit of a pre-established character, but not actually making your own character. That way you could make the character your own, but not complicate the story or anything like that. I like the idea of customization I just think it would be hard to implement effectively.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
It'd be cool for like Mercs or something, or something like being able to customize the outfit of a pre-established character, but not actually making your own character. That way you could make the character your own, but not complicate the story or anything like that. I like the idea of customization I just think it would be hard to implement effectively.
thats good also ! i just hope theres costume unlocks and special weapons this time around there wasnt anything in 6!!

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Maybe for a spin-off but not a main series installment. The series already has a plethora of established characters and a customizable character only complicates their on-going stories.
I'm with you on this. Like I mentioned on another thread, a character customisation system would work in an open-world RE game, if Capcom ever decided to make one, but it would be a huge mistake to add it to the main series. Beyond weapon loadouts and alternate costumes, it doesn't need it.

IntoxNitram

I'm fine with costume unlocks. Player customization in terms of completely changing the look of your player is a no for me. I never really like it in any game, takes away from the story, and I tend to leave it as whatever is made for me when I get into the menu, and Resident Evil is basically 80% its characters.

ADRENAL LOOSE

Tattooed Machanic with a Gamer Side
I'd like to see more weapon customization not a lot but some, kinda like weaker in mercs on re4 the suppressor in his load out was a nice touch and in these games could be useful

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm with you on this. Like I mentioned on another thread, a character customisation system would work in an open-world RE game, if Capcom ever decided to make one, but it would be a huge mistake to add it to the main series. Beyond weapon loadouts and alternate costumes, it doesn't need it.

I actually hope to see the series take on a more open world form. Not like GTA or anything, more like the Tomb Raider reboot or something like Batman: Arkham City. That way certain parts of the city or even the inside of buildings can be claustrophobic and offer a more classic horror experience while the open areas are infested with zombies and offer a more action based experience the series is currently known for.

Top Bottom