• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Critic RE Rankings (Metatcritic)

D

Deleted member 21244

Which was a cheap cop out anyway. Who the hell played through Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica and expected it was all culminating to a scenario of an on-rails spin-off game on a primitive and gimmicky console? That's like a slap to the face on top of the gut punch RE4 delivered.:lol:
Yeah obviously a disappointment to not have important pice of story into main game, but the chronicles game are actually pretty good game far better than many other resident evil game in the series...
While I will not call the wii a primitive console since it was one of the best console ever made, yeah the graphic wasn't good as a ps3 or Xbox360, but it was a damn good console whit damn good game...

The Umbrella Chronicles is also the game that introduces Red Queen into the games' canon. A little random, and we don't really hear from it again until Revelations 2's Raid Mode which is a Red Queen Alpha simulation.

The other Wii railshooter The Darkside Chronicles touches more upon Leon and Krauser's history ontop of abridged tellings of RE2 and CVX so it fills in all the cracks left by Resident Evil 4 but making a mini Wii trilogy. I still wonder how the plot would have turned out had Shinji Mikami stayed with the series was able to complete whatever plans he may have had for 4-5-6.
We don't hear about the red queen anymore since it was destroyed in umbrella chronicles by wesker so there was no meaning to have red queen return in other game...
Shinji mikami made resident evil 4, so shinji mikami plan for resident evil 4 was making the game we played XD
For resident evil 5 and 6, mikami confirmed that he would have done them differently from the game we have now, the first concept of re 5 had probably mikami involed and you can clearly see from artwork and concept that it was a completely different game...
Take a look hear to se what I'm talking about: https://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah obviously a disappointment to not have important pice of story into main game, but the chronicles game are actually pretty good game far better than many other resident evil game in the series...
While I will not call the wii a primitive console since it was one of the best console ever made, yeah the graphic wasn't good as a ps3 or Xbox360, but it was a damn good console whit damn good game...

I liked the Wii, but it was still a primitive console. It's just a Gamecube with motion controls. While the system had some amazing games (though, they were just mostly Nintendo games), it was still a system that catered to a casual audience and collected dust in most people's shelves or closets. I enjoyed the Chronicles games because it offered that arcade-like on-rails shooter experience in the Resident Evil universe and was fun for co-op play, but they're hardly groundbreaking or amazing games. They're okay. They don't quite compare to actually playing through the actual games themselves.

D

Deleted member 21244

I liked the Wii, but it was still a primitive console. It's just a Gamecube with motion controls. While the system had some amazing games (though, they were just mostly Nintendo games), it was still a system that catered to a casual audience and collected dust in most people's shelves or closets. I enjoyed the Chronicles games because it offered that arcade-like on-rails shooter experience in the Resident Evil universe and was fun for co-op play, but they're hardly groundbreaking or amazing games. They're okay. They don't quite compare to actually playing through the actual games themselves.
Note that they originally planned umbrella chronicles to use the gameplay from resident evil 4, but than they decide to change it into a rail shooter because they wanted to have better use for the wii motion since it was and exclusive wii game...
A shame they didn't stake whit the re 4 gameplay...

Top Bottom