• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Collecting

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
No, I'm not asking for your money. :razz:

I thought I'd just ask what types of things people collected. Tell us about anything you like to collect, be it video games, merchandise, some form of trading card, stamps - whatever floats your boat!

I myself collect shot glasses from places all around the world. I'd say I have around forty now. A lot are from places within England, where I live, but I have many from towns in other countries like Portugal, Italy, Belgium, France, the Canary Islands etc. I may dig out my collection sometime and show you guys a picture.

I also collect glass ornaments from a hand-blown glass shop in Devon where I go on holiday. I have ornaments for my bedroom (and eventually my house when I move out), but I also have a small collection of glass animals that decorate my desk at work.

I'm an avid reader, and I have over 300 books on my bookshelf in my room, plus probably another 200 on my Kindle, so I guess you could say I collect books too.

I haven't actively collected these since being a child, but I also have a large collection of Pokémon cards in photo albums.

What kinds of things do you guys collect? Feel free to add on additional posts if you forget anything, or if you pick up new collections!

Ayen

Resident Critic
I collect DVDs. I've collected the entire series of Xena Warrior Princess, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Emily of New Moon, and Charmed. I also have all the seasons of Supergirl that came out and am waiting for Season Four to make it to DVD to complete my collection. At least until Season Five is finished and ready for a DVD release.

I wish to collect every WrestleMania and mainline Final Fantasy title.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The main things I collect are Dragon Ball Z merch, as well as Action Figures in general. I'm going for the world record of Largest Dragon Ball collection, so needless to say, I have a lot in that realm. But also, being a nerd in general, I have lots of super hero and video game figures and statues as well, such as Fallout, The Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Spider-Man!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Used to be video games, but eventually it became to expensive of a hobby. None of the thrift stores/charity shops carry older games anymore (from what I can see) and everybody on the likes of eBay wants too much for NES/SNES/Genesis these days. I'm eagerly awaiting the retro collecting bubble to burst. And Canada had the price on new AAA titles hike up from 69.99 to 79.99 or even 89.99. It's why I haven't played REmake 2 yet.

These days I collect movies. Blu-rays, DVDs, which are much easier to find around town (used DVDs for $1 each) and as a result, I've accumulated something like 200 Blu-rays and 500 DVDs since I started keeping my own since high school.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm certainly a collector by nature (my husband as well) so basically anything I have I feel the need to get 'the whole set' as it were. I'm not made of money though, so the things that take up most of our petty cash are:

Magic The Gathering TCG

So when I was younger I always fell victim to obsession with tcgs and had a reputation for being pretty good at them in school (it started with Pokemon when it came out when I was in elementary school and then transitioned into YuGiOh). Two of my exes attempted to teach me MTG during this time and we're unsuccessful. When I got married, my husband also tried to teach me (he has Asperger's and is characteristically obsessive and MTG is his cardboard crack) but he too failed. I eventually taught myself with the help of one of the PC games and have been doing pretty well. My husband and I go to regular prerelease events and usually place in the top 3.

We have well over 10,000 cards. Two huge boxes that are supposed to hold 5000 cards each, as well as a handful of boxes that were used for the now discontinued Fat Packs which are full of random cards, and also 6 or so fat binders that hold valuable cards and completed sets.

Bruce Campbell

I discovered Bruce sometime in 2012. I adore his dry humor and, let's face it, he's not hard to look at. I eventually went off to Job Corps which was very emotionally taxing for me, and one of my coping mechanisms was to stock up on all the Bruce Campbell movies I could find to keep me laughing.

I currently own every Bruce Campbell film/TV show that is purchasable (Even Assault on Dome 4 which never had an American release for some reason.), all of his books, several autographs, and I even got to meet him once at a showing of Evil Dead 2 in his home town of Royal Oak, Michigan.

Arts and Crafts

Perhaps the last thing would be art/craft supplies. I am creative at heart. I used to draw constantly, unfortunately that stopped when I had to start adulting, and I switched to writing. I absolutely love writing original short stories. Here recently though, I've been very crafty and have been spending more money on sewing supplies. I'm currently making my husband a kilt. I've leveled tailoring at least once in this project. Lol

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I TRY to buy hard copies of all of my games if possible. I like to see my collection grow year by year. I have all of my PS1, PS2, 360, Wii, and PS4 games shelved in a pleasing way.

I also have a soft spot for collection Pokemon cards. I have over 500, but NONE of them are worth a thing! haha. I don't play at all. I just love the feeling of opening a pack and seeing what is inside. I have since Pokemon cards were new to me in the 3rd grade!

And not of my own volition, I also collect freckles. It's a ginger thang. haha

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I myself collect shot glasses from places all around the world. I'd say I have around forty now. A lot are from places within England, where I live, but I have many from towns in other countries like Portugal, Italy, Belgium, France, the Canary Islands etc. I may dig out my collection sometime and show you guys a picture.

That's interesting! My sister has a collection of drinking vessels too, not shot glasses, but coffee mugs with city names on them. Her mug cabinet, if we want to call it that, used to be a display of the cities she's visited, because she usually bought them while she was there, but by now she also has mugs from cities she hasn't been to herself. Basically, whenever a friend or family member travels somewhere new, she asks them to get her a mug from there.

As for me, other than the souls of the departed, I also collect angel things: Pictures, figurines, cards, snow globes, lights... there's even a rubber duck with wings in my bathroom. Anything with an angel motif has a high chance of ending up in my flat. I used to have a simple, but beautiful keychain in the shape of an angel, which I would sometimes take off the ring and put on a table or somewhere else near me, just so it could bring good luck. Sadly, I lost it eight years ago and still haven't found a proper replacement.

Reactions: Jen

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Magic The Gathering TCG

So when I was younger I always fell victim to obsession with tcgs and had a reputation for being pretty good at them in school (it started with Pokemon when it came out when I was in elementary school and then transitioned into YuGiOh). Two of my exes attempted to teach me MTG during this time and we're unsuccessful. When I got married, my husband also tried to teach me (he has Asperger's and is characteristically obsessive and MTG is his cardboard crack) but he too failed. I eventually taught myself with the help of one of the PC games and have been doing pretty well. My husband and I go to regular prerelease events and usually place in the top 3.

We have well over 10,000 cards. Two huge boxes that are supposed to hold 5000 cards each, as well as a handful of boxes that were used for the now discontinued Fat Packs which are full of random cards, and also 6 or so fat binders that hold valuable cards and completed sets.

Bruce Campbell

I discovered Bruce sometime in 2012. I adore his dry humor and, let's face it, he's not hard to look at. I eventually went off to Job Corps which was very emotionally taxing for me, and one of my coping mechanisms was to stock up on all the Bruce Campbell movies I could find to keep me laughing.

I currently own every Bruce Campbell film/TV show that is purchasable (Even Assault on Dome 4 which never had an American release for some reason.), all of his books, several autographs, and I even got to meet him once at a showing of Evil Dead 2 in his home town of Royal Oak, Michigan.
l
Magic: The Gathering and Bruce Campbell!? Are we twins separated at birth!?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It's starting to sound that way isn't it? Lol

On the subject of Magic, do you have a color preference? I have a killer mono white token deck, a Selesnya (sp?) cat/artifact commander deck, and my most competitive commander deck is Orzov Teysa Afterlife.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's starting to sound that way isn't it? Lol

On the subject of Magic, do you have a color preference? I have a killer mono white token deck, a Selesnya (sp?) cat/artifact commander deck, and my most competitive commander deck is Orzov Teysa Afterlife.
Lately I've been playing exclusively commander, running a Green Black, Nath of Gilt Leaf Discard/Token Generator Deck.
LRW_Nath_of_the_Gilt-Leaf_Reg-500x685.jpg

That said, I'll play any color save for Blue. I freakin' hate blue. A black relentless rats deck was fun, and so was an white Angels deck. My buddy runs a 5 colors dragons deck and that's a BEAST.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My husband has a rat deck that he adores. Currently his favorite deck is his Gishath commander deck (we also dominantly play commander). Personally I'm not a big fan of red. Blue is hit or miss. I stick with white, green, or black usually.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My husband has a rat deck that he adores. Currently his favorite deck is his Gishath commander deck (we also dominantly play commander). Personally I'm not a big fan of red. Blue is hit or miss. I stick with white, green, or black usually.
I can apprecaite that. White, Green, and Black are probably my most dominant colors as well. Red was what I played with when I was learning to play YEARS ago, and every now and again I'll build a red deck for old times sake, but that's just because it's the easier color to teach the core mechanics of the game I'd wager.

D

Deleted member 21244

I like to collect videogame for the most, and action figures, If I can I will post my collection

Turo602

The King of Kings
I have a large library of games consisting of approximately 460 games that I have organized alphabetically by platform on book shelves, and plenty more that I own digitally across various platforms that would put me well over 500 games total. Though, I don't really know if that really makes me a video game collector. My goal isn't really to own complete video game collections of any specific console. I'm just interested in getting games I personally want, whether they be new or retro.

Same goes with the various figures, statues, and amiibos I have displayed all over my shelves, which are comprised mostly of Nintendo, Sonic, Halo, and other miscellaneous things I like. And while I've been unable to keep up with most amiibo releases (though I never intended to have them all), one set I have been interested in collecting for is The Legend of Zelda, which I currently have all of and even have the upcoming Link's Awakening amiibo pre-ordered.

The Legend of Zelda Amiibos and Figures
cflEEbX.jpg

8cDOEqP.jpg

w4RzdOe.jpg

lDF8whn.jpg

Other Amiibos
NE18kZb.png

HpEICkz.jpg

NXy5e91.jpg

852otfK.jpg

LV9dDHN.jpg

eCQweWD.jpg

LRlTufl.jpg

Misc. Figures and Statues
O1KWfUm.jpg

gJl3vXV.jpg

6DMnLJM.jpg

One of the weirder complete collections I have are these Mario McDonald's Happy Meal toys.
PinPXBq.jpg

I know, don't judge me. XD

Comics have never been a priority for me, but lately I've been interested in getting some omnibuses of comic book stories that I've always wanted to read like X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, Watchmen, DC's current Rebirth and Doomsday Clock stories, and many more. But so far, I've only gotten my hands on 3 books. Would definitely love to see this grow in the future, but it's definitely not a priority at the moment.
fXI83Go.jpg

hqjaLuM.jpg

I'll post more later since photos are limited here, but in the meantime, I'd love to see more photos in this thread from all of you guys. :)

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have a large library of games consisting of approximately 460 games that I have organized alphabetically by platform on book shelves, and plenty more that I own digitally across various platforms that would put me well over 500 games total. Though, I don't really know if that really makes me a video game collector. My goal isn't really to own complete video game collections of any specific console. I'm just interested in getting games I personally want, whether they be new or retro.

Same goes with the various figures, statues, and amiibos I have displayed all over my shelves, which are comprised mostly of Nintendo, Sonic, Halo, and other miscellaneous things I like. And while I've been unable to keep up with most amiibo releases (though I never intended to have them all), one set I have been interested in collecting for is The Legend of Zelda, which I currently have all of and even have the upcoming Link's Awakening amiibo pre-ordered.

cflEEbX.jpg

8cDOEqP.jpg

w4RzdOe.jpg

lDF8whn.jpg

Other Amiibos
NE18kZb.png

HpEICkz.jpg

NXy5e91.jpg

852otfK.jpg

LV9dDHN.jpg

eCQweWD.jpg

LRlTufl.jpg

O1KWfUm.jpg

gJl3vXV.jpg

6DMnLJM.jpg

One of the weirder complete collections I have are these Mario McDonald's Happy Meal toys.
PinPXBq.jpg

Comics have never been a priority for me, but lately I've been interested in getting some omnibuses of comic book stories that I've always wanted to read like X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, Watchmen, DC's current Rebirth and Doomsday Clock stories, and many more. But so far, I've only gotten my hands on 3 books. Would definitely love to see this grow in the future, but it's definitely not a priority at the moment.
fXI83Go.jpg

hqjaLuM.jpg

I'll post more later since photos are limited here, but in the meantime, I'd love to see more photos in this thread from all of you guys. :)
Oh yeah. You're a collector through and through my man. This is hella impressive.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

cflEEbX.jpg

8cDOEqP.jpg

w4RzdOe.jpg

lDF8whn.jpg

Other Amiibos
NE18kZb.png

HpEICkz.jpg

NXy5e91.jpg

852otfK.jpg

LV9dDHN.jpg

eCQweWD.jpg

LRlTufl.jpg

O1KWfUm.jpg

gJl3vXV.jpg

6DMnLJM.jpg

PinPXBq.jpg

fXI83Go.jpg

hqjaLuM.jpg

Wow, that is an awesome collection!

I'd definitely like to see you post pictures where possible, guys!

Doesn't look like much, but here's my picture of my small collection of handmade glass animals. :p

GCdzFJ8.jpg

I'll maybe post a photo of my shot glasses and of my book wall in my room when my sister moves out and takes all of her things with her.

EDIT: Screw it. Here's a picture of my media wall from 2013. Left hand side is games and DVDs. Then it's just all books. There are some more books on the top. This has obviously changed a little bit since six years ago, though. It's a bit of a crappy picture and you can't see everything in there, but I thought I'd post it rather than wait an unknown amount of time to post again.

iLLss3X.jpg

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Thought I'd actually share photos of my games and movies, never thought to in my other post.
So oops, lots of Spoiler tags.

QQRRQRd.jpg
yehrNoK.jpg
gRwCCNU.jpg
DQGNb8t.jpg
L5feK8A.jpg
DO4wUy1.jpg
XMphdE0.jpg

EDIT: I actually went ahead and picked up the movie 'Fortress' for a couple bucks today, so that's +1 to my DVD collection

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
So these arrived Monday and have caused me to rearrange everything on my shelves because they're too good not to be displayed on their own shelf. The quality and detail on them is just amazing. Aside from video games, they're honestly my favorite items in my collection.
3oq0BZK.jpg

mbz8c68.jpg

Didn't think to post my games before because there's a lot of figures sprinkled around and in front of them, but seeing as I was moving everything around anyway, I took the opportunity to take some photos.

Xbox One/PS4/Switch/3DS/GBA
peqLsmM.jpg

pbzfTSN.jpg

360/PS3/Wii U/Wii/DS
m9pJ8HD.jpg

IBa1378.jpg

xgRpjbs.jpg

Gamecube/Xbox/PS2
jTxPqoS.jpg

Last edited:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I collect films and video games, and there was a time I collected music too, but that stopped when you could no longer buy physical CDs. I prefer physical copies though I do have a lot of games on steam.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I collect films and video games, and there was a time I collected music too, but that stopped when you could no longer buy physical CDs. I prefer physical copies though I do have a lot of games on steam.
The death of the CD was the Death of Music. I used to have Records, Cassettes, CD's, the whole 9. It was so great to have a physical thing to hold and put in a music player of sorts. But...That era's gone. Oh well...

Top Bottom