• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Code Veronica X hard game?

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
I had absolute hell beating this game. I almost gave up trying to beat it. What about the tricky inventory???? It didn't mess me up, but gosh it was really tricky. I love the game, and I eventually beat it. It had a really great story and ending. I kind of like the idea of Capcom remaking 1, 2, and 3 with the Code Veronica game play.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I would not call it "hard" exactly, its only a pain in the ass if you don't keep a eye on your inventory.

I still have the haunted memory of being so wasteful with my powerful weapons and getting to the Tyrant on the plane and not have enough powerful ammo to beat him at all and thus I had to start over and be more conservative when it came to ammo.

After I started keeping up with my inventory the game was not hard at all, I was given a good challenge in such fights like the Noseferatu battle but thanks to a very powerful knife I was able to keep my ammo intact and thus the game just became a enjoyable experience with challenging moments.

Still my favorite Resident Evil game to date.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
I know exactly what you mean. I almost had to start over, but thankfully I didn't overwrite through the entire game. So, I would just load to a previous save point. And that Tyrant gave me hell on the plane lol

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Oh the Tyrant on the plane. Funny story about that actually. The first time I played that part, I had used most of my grenade rounds on the Bandersnatch's so I only had like 3 BOW rounds and 2 flame rounds. I got my ass kicked, lol. I had to restart the entire game and go through it again. Didn't learn my lesson either because I ended up not having nearly enough ammo to fight all of Alexia's forms and it took me forever to beat her - because at that point I refused to restart the game, lol.

Code Veronica was definitely a wild ride.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
MMM, Yeah. I'd say CVX is the hardest. In my experience anyway, being that this is the only main series RE game I haven't beaten (that's not RE6).

This game ripped my asshole inside out. CVX is a mean mistress.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
I had to cheat on CVX. I feel bad for doing so, but oh well. It is what it is. I spent a good amount of my life trying to beat it lol

potato

Oh the Tyrant on the plane. Funny story about that actually. The first time I played that part, I had used most of my grenade rounds on the Bandersnatch's so I only had like 3 BOW rounds and 2 flame rounds. I got my ass kicked, lol. I had to restart the entire game and go through it again. Didn't learn my lesson either because I ended up not having nearly enough ammo to fight all of Alexia's forms and it took me forever to beat her - because at that point I refused to restart the game, lol.

Code Veronica was definitely a wild ride.

IMO the hardest part is the plane where you might run out of ammo which requires you to start from earlier saves or even a restart. The game itself is not that difficult, comparing to the Nemesis fights in RE3, the time & inventory & ammo limits in Outbreak 1 & 2, Code Veronica X is easy as long as you have enough ammo for the big fights.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
IMO the hardest part is the plane where you might run out of ammo which requires you to start from earlier saves or even a restart. The game itself is not that difficult, comparing to the Nemesis fights in RE3, the time & inventory & ammo limits in Outbreak 1 & 2, Code Veronica X is easy as long as you have enough ammo for the big fights.
Yeah true, true. That's survival horror for ya. Code Veronica X is a bad a$$ game!

potato

Yeah true, true. That's survival horror for ya. Code Veronica X is a bad a$$ game!

I think the programmers made a mistake when they left out essential items before the plane, even on easy it's not so easy for the plane fight, and back then there was no online patches so what came out from the factory remains as it is. however with online patches, developers tend to become lazy when it comes to debugging, and lets the customers to the debugging for them.

how can 10 year old games like Counter-Strike still getting update & patches that doesn't improve any graphics or gameplay is beyond me.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I didn't find it that hard, actually. The only hard part was on the plane, but that was only hard for me because my dad had been playing my file and accidentally saved the game, and the only ammo left was 20 handgun bullets. Apparently he went around exploding zombies with the grenade launcher.. -_-

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
I didn't find it that hard, actually. The only hard part was on the plane, but that was only hard for me because my dad had been playing my file and accidentally saved the game, and the only ammo left was 20 handgun bullets. Apparently he went around exploding zombies with the grenade launcher.. -_-
Hahaha that sucks lol. Sorry. I used to do this to my step dad when I was a little kid. He quit video gaming because of me XD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Hahaha that sucks lol. Sorry. I used to do this to my step dad when I was a little kid. He quit video gaming because of me XD

Lol. My sister and I would take turns playing RE 4 when it first came out, and we accidentally saved our game over our dad's file, so all his ammo and money was gone, and there were 50 game overs because we practiced our aim by shooting Ashley (and we shot her because she was being annoying). xD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Really? I honestly though RE & 2 are harder than CVX

I find Remake hardest, the original was difficult at times, but the remake was more unforgiving. I chose the wrong switch accidentally, and a bunch of herbs were destroyed, and it had been a while since my last save. Later on that playthrough, at the end of the game, I only had a few acid rounds for my grenade launcher and that was all the ammo I had to fight some normal enemies and two bosses, and that was my only save file.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I find Remake hardest, the original was difficult at times, but the remake was more unforgiving. I chose the wrong switch accidentally, and a bunch of herbs were destroyed, and it had been a while since my last save. Later on that playthrough, at the end of the game, I only had a few acid rounds for my grenade launcher and that was all the ammo I had to fight some normal enemies and two bosses, and that was my only save file.

Don't forget the Crimson Heads. Crimson Heads are exactly why people pick Chris in REmake.

Resident Evil - Jill, because Barry be so narmy
REmake - Chris, because his lighter doesn't take up a slot

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Don't forget the Crimson Heads. Crimson Heads are exactly why people pick Chris in REmake.

Resident Evil - Jill, because Barry be so narmy
REmake - Chris, because he always his lighter doesn't take up a slot

I find Jill's lockpick way more useful than Chris's lighter though (even if the lighter kills crimson heads). Also Rebecca can heal Chris multiple times. I guess it just depends on how you play for who's easier and what's more useful.

Top Bottom