• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Cliff Bleszinski offers to 'fix' Resident Evil

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Cliffy-B.jpg
http://www.gamezone.com/products/resident-evil-6/news/cliff-bleszinski-offers-to-fix-resident-evil
http://gamer.blorge.com/2012/10/29/cliff-bleszinski-offers-to-help-capcom-fix-resident-evil/
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/r...ix_resident_evil_bring_pizza_says_capcom.html
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ne...offers-to-revive-resident-evil-franchise.html

Gears of Evil may actually be a new title for RE after all LOL

Former Epic Games Veteran Cliff Bleszinski, the man who brought us some of the great Unreal games and also the Gears of War series was among the many people who clearly didn't like Resident Evil 6.
However it seems he wants to help get Resident Evil back on it's feet :)
Capcom has been trying to make Resident Evil into a third person shooter ever since RE4 but all it's done is turn RE from a legendary critically acclaimed horror franchise into a downrated shooter suffering an identity crisis. But if Capcom want's to grab the action audience and has no problem with RE becoming the biggest sell out in gaming history then they may as well hire the man who brought us one of the greatest third person shooters of all time :) Then they can make a third person shooter that actually works!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
uhh, wow.

Not sure how to feel about this.

On one hand, the guy was disappointed with RE6 like a lot of us and is also responsible for some of the best 3rd person shooter games ever.

But on the other hand, The guy really doesn't have any experience in Survival horror as far as I remember and thus I don't see how he would "fix" Resident Evil.

But then again, to me, the first step to fixing Resident Evil is to put more emphasis on "horror" rather than "action, so maybe thats why I feel he may not be able to fix anything.

But hey, if Capcom wants to keep Resident Evil as a 3rd person action shooter game then this may be great news for them.

At least that way you would know that a Resident Evil 3rd person action shooter would be done right.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

Now I can really say resi feels to much like gears of war.

Darkness

Infected
Former Epic Games Veteran Cliff Bleszinski

He's a former veteran? He's not a veteran anymore? I didn't know it was possible to be a former veteran of anything. I guess he went back in time and lost some of his experience. :cool:

TJay

Premium
Erm, I don't think it needs fixing? Perhaps I am too easily pleased but I thought RE6 was the best Resi game since Code Veronica.

If I could give Capcom any advice, it would be to stop with all the side games, concentrate on the main story & turn up the horror a few notches. But that is a personal preference, otherwise I think they've done a good job over the years.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Just for s**ts and giggles, Cliff should bring pizza but then tell Capcom that each slice of the pizza will be sold to them as DLC :D
And the soda will be the base game :p lolz

But on a serious note I dont see what he could fix. Make it more action by adding more killing, less story?
As far as i know RE4 got the 3rd person shooter genre into business and was an example for others so its obvious that they know how to make a 3rd person shooter game right already.

xMobilemux

And the soda will be the base game :p lolz

But on serious note I dont see what he could fix. Make it more action by adding more killing, less story?
As far as i know RE4 got the 3rd person shooter genre into business and was an example for others so its obvious that they know how to make a 3rd person shooter game right.
Capcom sucks at third person shooters, the great one known as RE4 came from the beautiful mind of Shinji Mikami, every action shooter in RE after that had so many things wrong and it started to get the franchise rated lower and lower (excluding Revelations). Cliff could maybe pull something off and actually make a Action Shooter RE title that is actually playable and not full of damn QTEs and crap like that, then after that, knowing Capcom they will pull off another betrayal and try to continue using Cliff's ideas for future games and keep getting it wrong, just like what happened with Shinji Mikami.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Capcom sucks at third person shooters, the great one known as RE4 came from the beautiful mind of Shinji Mikami, every action shooter in RE after that had so many things wrong and it started to get the franchise rated lower and lower (excluding Revelations). Cliff could maybe pull something off and actually make a Action Shooter RE title that is actually playable and not full of damn QTEs and crap like that, then after that, knowing Capcom they will pull off another betrayal and try to continue using Cliff's ideas for future games and keep getting it wrong, just like what happened with Shinji Mikami.
I believe they simply wanted to advance and improve on what they had in RE4, sure there can be a few fails but in general u dont improve without making mistakes.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Cliffy B is my favourite game creator of all time. I'm a HUGE Gear head, having reached top rank on 2 and 3, completing all campaigns on insane, i have a gears of war tattoo on my elbow, and a replica golden lancer.

I know RE is horror, but the first Gears was very horror based, it's relaxed out a bit more now, but you are always up against lab-bred humanoid creatures in underground palaces etc.

I think he could do wonders, i might be slightly biased, but Gears is arguably the greatest 3rd person shooter game series ever. It had a copy of clones in other games of it's Horde mode, just because it was so well done, and the simple cover/movement system aswell, even making it's way into our RE series.

I can't wait to see if this pans out.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Their good games and Im a gears head too but look at all Cliffy's stupid ideas that F**K stuff up. Im sorry but hes the idiot who thought the sawn off shotgun and other elements to bring in casual gamers were good ideas. They went against what their core fanbase wanted and sold it out to make as much money as they could. He casualised Gears for newbies and I can't forgive him for that. Keep him well away from Resident evil i say, i like how its different and has that kind of Japanese arcade style to it even though its gone actiony i love res evil 6 i wouldnt want it to end up like everything else, i think it has a unique feel

TheVacantThrone

Their good games and Im a gears head too but look at all Cliffy's stupid ideas that F**K stuff up. Im sorry but hes the idiot who thought the sawn off shotgun and other elements to bring in casual gamers were good ideas. They went against what their core fanbase wanted and sold it out to make as much money as they could. He casualised Gears for newbies and I can't forgive him for that. Keep him well away from Resident evil i say, i like how its different and has that kind of Japanese arcade style to it even though its gone actiony i love res evil 6 i wouldnt want it to end up like everything else, i think it has a unique feel

Ah, you're in the Anti-SO group haha. I love the gun, i don't see any problem with it and never have. I have the Onyx for Gnasher, and the Onyx for Sawed-Off and think the hate is so un-needed. They didn't turn their backs on us core fans either, i've been into it since Gears 1 released and i love where it's all gone. It's like every game, some like it, some don't. Look at all the hate RE6 is getting, yet to us it's excellent. And Gears 3 is easily the best in the series.

xMobilemux

Wrong, Gears of War 3 is easily the worst in the series, I'm a huge Gears fan and I still play the first 2 games over and over but the 3rd game was just awful, once I finished it, I never played it again and ended up selling it, thanks to that Gears 3 disaster I'm not really looking forward to the new Gears Judgement game, I didn't even play the Gears 3 DLC, the game was just so dumbed down and I didn't like it at all. Why is it that modern game franchises always f**k up with the 3rd entry?

RE6 is getting lots of hate and rightfully so, it's only excellent and "best in the series" to fanboys (no offense), but if it continues in this direction then it's gonna loose it's core fanbase and become the biggest sell out in gaming history, the people who are against RE6 and it's current direction are the people who don't want that to happen, we want RE to mean something again and not become a meaningless and mindless shooter.

TheVacantThrone

Wrong, Gears of War 3 is easily the worst in the series, I'm a huge Gears fan and I still play the first 2 games over and over but the 3rd game was just awful, once I finished it, I never played it again and ended up selling it, thanks to that Gears 3 disaster I'm not really looking forward to the new Gears Judgement game, I didn't even play the Gears 3 DLC, the game was just so dumbed down and I didn't like it at all. Why is it that modern game franchises always f**k up with the 3rd entry?

RE6 is getting lots of hate and rightfully so, it's only excellent and "best in the series" to fanboys (no offense), but if it continues in this direction then it's gonna loose it's core fanbase and become the biggest sell out in gaming history, the people who are against RE6 and it's current direction are the people who don't want that to happen, we want RE to mean something again and not become a meaningless and mindless shooter.

I disagree with both parts.

I'd offer to explain, but i know i'm pretty set in my views on these two games, they're my two favourite game series of all time, and you seem to be well thought out with your argument aswell.

Let's agree to disagree :)

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Dunno what's worse....people who bitch about games leaving their ''roots''

Or Generally how un-original people and games had become

xMobilemux

Dunno what's worse....people who bitch about games leaving their ''roots''
Or Generally how un-original people and games had become
It's the latter alright. Bringing a game back to it's roots can at least bring some happiness instead of more hate.

Top Bottom