• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Choice oriented gameplay?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I remember somewhere in an interview Capcom said that you could make choices, ie change the storyline a bit. Kind of like REmake when you chose to save Jill/Chris or Barry/Rebecca. I like this idea a lot. I mean imagine a scenario like this *evil grin*

7157201308_f5b85d72e1_b.jpg

What do you all think of this idea? Love it, hate it? Meh?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I remember somewhere in an interview Capcom said that you could make choices, ie change the storyline a bit. Kind of like REmake when you chose to save Jill/Chris or Barry/Rebecca. I like this idea a lot. I mean imagine a scenario like this *evil grin*

I really, really like this idea.. although I'm not quite sure how it'd work in this scenario. I imagine we're going to have this fight in both Chris and Leon's storylines... if I'm playing as Leon it'd be a little weird to have the choice to kill myself and vice versa. :p

Jgraeme1979

The only problem is it may turn out like Mass Effect 3, you make decisions through the game and in the end it makes little difference to any of the endings available, hopefully if they do go with you needing to make decisions they'll actually be important to the rest of the story

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The only problem is it may turn out like Mass Effect 3, you make decisions through the game and in the end it makes little difference to any of the endings available, hopefully if they do go with you needing to make decisions they'll actually be important to the rest of the story
RE decisions have always been good about affecting the story though...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I really, really like this idea.. although I'm not quite sure how it'd work in this scenario. I imagine we're going to have this fight in both Chris and Leon's storylines... if I'm playing as Leon it'd be a little weird to have the choice to kill myself and vice versa. :p
This is true, but maybe it'd switch to Chris and his scenario afterwards. Who knows, I just like the idea of being able to kill Leon. :p They may give you the choice of either killing or protecting Ada/Ada's clone though. I even wanna bet there will probably be a time in the game where you have to figure out which one is the REAL Ada. A classic "choose me" "No I'M the real ADA!" moment. XD

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
This is true, but maybe it'd switch to Chris and his scenario afterwards. Who knows, I just like the idea of being able to kill Leon. :p They may give you the choice of either killing or protecting Ada/Ada's clone though. I even wanna bet there will probably be a time in the game where you have to figure out which one is the REAL Ada. A classic "choose me" "No I'M the real ADA!" moment. XD
I feel you guys don't love me anymore because you keep trying to kill my boyfriend. I'm emotionally invested in him you know. How about I give you Jeremy to kill instead so I can keep Leon. :p

Haha, I would totally be up for the whole 'I'm Ada, NO I AM' choice. Good idea muffin.

Jgraeme1979

RE decisions have always been good about affecting the story though...

I know but with there being three individual story paths to follow and it not mattering which order you do them in it'll be interesting to see how much a choice can effect the story especially when it could potentially affect one of the other stories.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know but with there being three individual story paths to follow and it not mattering which order you do them in it'll be interesting to see how much a choice can effect the story especially when it could potentially affect one of the other stories.
Capcom said the order it was BEST to play them in was Leon's then Chris' then Jake's...So you don't HAVE to...But it works out best that way...

Jgraeme1979

I feel you guys don't love me anymore because you keep trying to kill my boyfriend. I'm emotionally invested in him you know. How about I give you Jeremy to kill instead so I can keep Leon. :p

Haha, I would totally be up for the whole 'I'm Ada, NO I AM' choice. Good idea muffin.

See this is why I keep saying it's Sherri that gets killed off, although I'm not bothered so long as you keep your hands of Jake :)

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Lets hope the choices affect the gameplay better than Racc City's did lol

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

It's not that we don't love you, we just disapprove of your boyfriend in a protective fatherly manner... That's why we like to shoot him in the FACE. :D

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!

If they include this and killing Chris is an option, then I will forgive Capcom for all of their bastard decisions. This is a good thing to do to RE because loads of fans want RE to go different ways :)

zeroskaterz92

i hope it's not just "action" option. hoping that it will have certain conversation that will effect with other campaign (from Leon campaign outcome choices made lead to Chris campaign).
reminds me of ORC a bit - Kill Leon or let Leon live.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I remember reading the same thing...But I imagined a more RE3 split decision type of choices...
Those were cool. Like the one where Jill used a match to blow up Nemesis in that one kitchen. You even got the reward item.

...too bad you still had to fight him soon after. But at least Carlos was there to distract him while I unload shotgun shells into him.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'd be totally happy with more choices. Maybe not full Renegade/Paragon like Mass Effect, but something in that direction could be really good for the series. A really positive change for once!

Jgraeme1979

Yes but in the end the choices you made in Mass Effect didn't count for anything as the endings were pretty much all the same just done in different colours and with absurdly ungratifying endings to the story. Would hope for more than that and that id choices matter it means something at the end of the game.

Top Bottom