• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Character Analysis - Chris Redfield (series)

Anguis

Hey guys, I'm making quite a few videos about survival horror and the next one is going to be the first entry in a character analysis series where I analyze the evolution of a character throughout the franchise. What do you think? Would you be interested in this? I'm going to start with Chris Redfield :)

Meanwhile, here's a video about my Top 10 BOWS.

Anguis

How in depth will the analysis be?

I will talk about the character's biography (as in, what happened to him in the games), a personality description, his appearance and finally a summary. There isn't a lot you can say about Chris, but I will do my very best :) I will also talk about his backstory (who he's friends with, what he did before STARS, etc)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It would be cool if you could include things like:

Voice actors, live action appearances and facts or trivia about lesser known Stuff or even rumours that surrounded the charcater too.
(I.e. He was originally planned to die in re6 before piers took the place)

Anguis

It would be cool if you could include things like:

Voice actors, live action appearances and facts or trivia about lesser known Stuff or even rumours that surrounded the charcater too.
(I.e. He was originally planned to die in re6 before piers took the place)

I actually didn't know that last fact! I thought about mentioning his appearance in the movies but tbh I ignore them completely, to me, Resident Evil has no movies :p

I am going to add some facts though, thanks :)

Last edited:

Unknown

Whatever you do, if you need to remind yourself of any facts such as backstory, organisations and whatnot, go to a site like Project Umbrella and avoid the wiki's.

Anguis

Whatever you do, if you need to remind yourself of any facts such as backstory, organisations and whatnot, go to a site like Project Umbrella and avoid the wiki's.

Most of the information was based on texts from the wikis but the facts I used are all official :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
i just watched your top 10 BOWs vid. I think you did a good job with it. It would have been nice to see some love for the newer games BoWs but i suppose the older ones truly are more iconic.
Glasps though heh

Yeah when you make your character profile vids feel free to ask for input from members from this forum. the majroity eat sleep and breathe this game so may give you some good tips, info or listings.

Anguis

i just watched your top 10 BOWs vid. I think you did a good job with it. It would have been nice to see some love for the newer games BoWs but i suppose the older ones truly are more iconic.
Glasps though heh

Yeah when you make your character profile vids feel free to ask for input from members from this forum. the majroity eat sleep and breathe this game so may give you some good tips, info or listings.

Thanks! :) Really means a lot!

Bran

Independent Film Director
One of the things I find interesting is how they deleted Chris' smoking habit. It seems with cracking down on advertising smoking in various media back in the 90's, Chris' taste for cigarettes was taken out of the original game and never mentioned again.

Also, it is interesting that, for Resident Evil 2 (the original), artwork exists of Chris posing (almost like a photograph) with Forest Speyer, Joseph Frost, and Roy (the deleted character from 1.5). Both Joseph and Chris are smoking in the artwork. It appears that they may all have been friends at one time.

Anguis

One of the things I find interesting is how they deleted Chris' smoking habit. It seems with cracking down on advertising smoking in various media back in the 90's, Chris' taste for cigarettes was taken out of the original game and never mentioned again.

Also, it is interesting that, for Resident Evil 2 (the original), artwork exists of Chris posing (almost like a photograph) with Forest Speyer, Joseph Frost, and Roy (the deleted character from 1.5). Both Joseph and Chris are smoking in the artwork. It appears that they may all have been friends at one time.

Uploading the video now :) While I didn't mention either Joseph or Chris' smoking habits, I did talk about the father relationship Chris might have had with Barry since in Revelations 2 there is a file that states that they are orphans and since Barry is a family friend since Chris was a boy, there is a big chance Chris looked up to him. I'll post the video once the upload is finished, took a lot of work :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
nice work on the video, you made a slight mistake but its no big deal.
you mentioned Ada killed Chris' team in re6. Carla actually did it but he went through the entire game believing it was Ada.

who will you be doing next?

Anguis

nice work on the video, you made a slight mistake but its no big deal.
you mentioned Ada killed Chris' team in re6. Carla actually did it but he went through the entire game believing it was Ada.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it was Ada :)

I dunno who I'll do next though, maybe Claire? I have to think about it.

Bran

Independent Film Director
How about Jill? You could do the two playable characters of Resident Evil, then move onto the two characters of Resident Evil 2?

Anguis

You guys are right, I just didn't want to use the best immediately. I was thinking about talking about Claire and then someone less recognizable who didn't star in many games but I do get the logic and I shall do it :) Have you guys checked the video?

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I would suggest doing a video on Rebecca Chambers. She's a character I think Capcom have neglected. Outside of the S.D.Perry novels and RE0, there aren't many stories in the canon regarding her that I know of.

Top Bottom