• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom want us to tell them what to do with the Resident Evil Series

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well i think what they're doing with Revelations is what we all want...and i'm not too depressed its only on a handheld...Perhaps they'll make more like that in the futrue, and this was just like a trial run...

Vergil'sBitch

RE Chicken s**t
Don't mess it up with a reboot to the whole series? :p (that;s how you p*** off some fans)

(that was meant to be lighthearted)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I wish capcom would make a RE with like the older ones with the puzzles, the intresting storys,and the real zombies. not these las plagas and stuff. not saying i dont like RE4 or RE5, those are one of my favorite REs but it won't take away my first favorite RE:CV because of the cool story line, the puzzles, oh and before i forget the scarieness. the new REs don't have that, they don't have something that will really make you jump and have a laugh with your friend when your done having a heart attack. i think i made my point.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Do they know about our forum? They can feel free to browse the threads on how RE isn't RE anymore. Lost In Nightmare was WAY too enjoyable to be a sign of good health for this series.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I wish capcom would make a RE with like the older ones with the puzzles, the intresting storys,and the real zombies. not these las plagas and stuff. not saying i dont like RE4 or RE5, those are one of my favorite REs but it won't take away my first favorite RE:CV because of the cool story line, the puzzles, oh and before i forget the scarieness. the new REs don't have that, they don't have something that will really make you jump and have a laugh with your friend when your done having a heart attack. i think i made my point.

I agree with this. I much prefer the style of gaming that the first several games brought, with an emphasis on puzzle solving as opposed to RE4 and RE5 which focused more exclusively on one's ability to use firepower (whilst making it far to easy to acquire ammo in my opinion) instead of brainpower. The games were scarier when the environments were more claustraphobic and seemed to swallow the chracters as they went through the majority of the zombie horror alone. Also, I prefer actual zombies to las plagas, simply because I liked having an enemy (other than bosses usually) that didn't think, but instead had a raw killing instinct and would do what it took to eat your brains then and there instead of concocting an elaborate trap or what have you lol.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Didn't see this before I posted my thread. Should I just repost my thoughts here, or ask you guys to check out my thread. After reading this one it seem we are of the same mind anyway.

KKAAIIG

Bring back horror, but in that case.. they might need to add new characters with no experience seeing as most of the re characters are experienced in fire arms.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Capcom has a great track record of good original characters. I can get down with that.
Hoping for something really cool.
Experience with firearms though isn't the same as having access to them though. You could very well throw Chris into Kijuju by himself with only a pistol and a shotgun at night and totally be scared s***less. The co-op really killed it because it was an open area to begin with. Sheva was a bug in the ear that killed the vibe. You didn't feel alone and overwhelmed with her around.
Lost in Nightmares on the other hand... Jill was with you the whole time and that was scary as f***. It all requires a delicate balance of atmosphere, location, and inclusion or exclusion of co-op at certain intervals if at all.
It can be done, but I think RE5 was just a black sheep. Capcom hasn't really failed us with Resident Evil yet. Things that bug... sure, but anything near the level of hate? Certainly not. I look at things like The Third Birthday, Silent Hill Homecoming, DmC, Soul Calibur IV and V, and just think... God... Resident Evil Degeneration looks good. Sheva looks fantastic! RE is still in decent health. It's just getting away from its roots a little fast. Capcom seems earnest in getting it back on track (or whatever track seems best given feedback.)

Top Bottom