• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Capcom Panel (New Stuff)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Nah, Leon's part is going to be the best in my book.

Chris seems to hyped up on roids and anger lol.

But seriously, really not digging Chris's new obsessive attitude with revenge and his over the top action parts of the game.

Just my personal opinion.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
-Yep, i agree hes going to pull a Dom !! Watch the trailer and you will see him flying or driving something that looks like its going to explode and yelling, everyone get out of the way !!!!! Like ive said before hes been living the max payne life and has prepared to stop this for good no matter what it takes !!!

svp

-Yep, i agree hes going to pull a Dom !! Watch the trailer and you will see him flying or driving something that looks like its going to explode and yelling, everyone get out of the way !!!!! Like ive said before hes been living the max payne life and has prepared to stop this for good no matter what it takes !!!
I agree but its for the better, even though I had always hoped he would live in peace, possibly with Jill. I would suspect that he will be the real here o f this game. He wont go down without a good fight, but I think the final scene will be of him sacrificing the younger characters of the series for their good. That is a noble way to die if you ask me. Capcom will make him look like a loyal hero on his way out. He will have a memorial of his honor for around the world to see and every character will remember him. God bless the man :)

svp

I agree but its for the better, even though I had always hoped he would live in peace, possibly with Jill. I would suspect that he will be the real here o f this game. He wont go down without a good fight, but I think the final scene will be of him sacrificing the younger characters of the series for their good. That is a noble way to die if you ask me. Capcom will make him look like a loyal hero on his way out. He will have a memorial of his honor for around the world to see and every character will remember him. God bless the man :)
sorry to double post, I meant Chris sacrificing himself to protect his alliances lol

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I also think someone will die in this game. I think it would be either Ada, Chris or sherry.
Chris reckless behaviour in all gameplay so far makes him a likely candidate though.
Alot of new characters have joined in (re5, revelations, re6) and some need to be killed off before they become a loose end.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
T and tharsheblows, you already know who's going to have the best role.

Lol. It seems that way so far but I'll have to play all three to say my final verdict.

Nah, Leon's part is going to be the best in my book.

Chris seems to hyped up on roids and anger lol.

But seriously, really not digging Chris's new obsessive attitude with revenge and his over the top action parts of the game.

Just my personal opinion.

2bh I like the more aggressive Chris, from the video, it seems he's damn tired of losing his team to this war and tries to save everyone while thinking about himself last. So I see it as a good thing and a bad thing, the bad thing being it will most likely cost him his life if he keeps going "headfirst" into everything.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
2bh I like the more aggressive Chris, from the video, it seems he's damn tired of losing his team to this war and tries to save everyone while thinking about himself last. So I see it as a good thing and a bad thing, the bad thing being it will most likely cost him his life if he keeps going "headfirst" into everything.
Exactly. This is war going on and is Chris's toughest challenge yet. You don't have time to be humble and calm. So him stepping it up a bit is not a bad thing. Pier's will be there to make sure he doesn't go overboard.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

I can totally see Chris dieing in this one.

Maybe saving the world first, but none the less dieing.

As someone who has been with Resident Evil from day one, I must say that I see this new Chris as being a "tragic" version of him that can only end badly.

He went from being a noble hero who wanted to put a end to Umbrella so the world can be safe to being a obsessive angry avenger who wants revenge for his dead teamates and will do just about anything to get it.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure he still wants to save people, but judging by the interviews and his actions it would seem revenge is his first priority.

Thats how i see things anyway.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
People seem to forget that Leon may have different goals or feelings once he see Sherry is back. He probably still feels obligated to protect her. How will that affect him? So if anyone does something heroic to protect someone else at the cost of their live, I say it would be him.

tharsheblows

Exactly. This is war going on and is Chris's toughest challenge yet. You don't have time to be humble and calm. So him stepping it up a bit is not a bad thing. Pier's will be there to make sure he doesn't go overboard.

Agreed, Piers will try keep him level headed despite the trauma he's still going through. Bromance FTW LOL.

I can totally see Chris dieing in this one.

Maybe saving the world first, but none the less dieing.

As someone who has been with Resident Evil from day one, I must say that I see this new Chris as being a "tragic" version of him that can only end badly.

He went from being a noble hero who wanted to put a end to Umbrella so the world can be safe to being a obsessive angry avenger who wants revenge for his dead teamates and will do just about anything to get it.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure he still wants to save people, but judging by the interviews and his actions it would seem revenge is his first priority.

Thats how i see things anyway.

I did say that his actions can cost him his life in my previous post so I agree with you there. I don't agree with revenge being his first priority because as you can see he is till trying to stop the terrorism at all cost. Chris is probably just ****ed off because he could've probably stopped Carla Radames (who he probably thinks is Real Ada) in Edonia but she turned on them and give his team the C-virus and caused him to hit his head. Also, I don't understand the hate for new Chris. Fans complained that Chris was a generic hero and he has no personality, Capcom gives him more personality in this game and yet people still complain. You can't please everyone.

Edit: Something just came to my mind, in Damnation trailer Ada says I've been sent here by the BSAA so she is most likely on good terms with BSAA. Chris sees her in Edonia (this is in the Captivate Trailer) thinking its Ada and probably trusts her since shes good with the BSAA, she then turns on him and his team and kills the team. While going on to spread the C-virus globally all across the world. I would want to put a bullet in that bitch too if she back stabbed me like that lol. I'm liking Carla Radames a lot now. Carla is basically Ada's doppelganger.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Agreed, Piers will try keep him level headed despite the trauma he's still going through. Bromance FTW LOL.

I did say that his actions can cost him his life in my previous post so I agree with you there. I don't agree with revenge being his first priority because as you can see he is till trying to stop the terrorism at all cost. Chris is probably just ****ed off because he could've probably stopped Carla Radames (who he probably thinks is Real Ada) in Edonia but she turned on them and give his team the C-virus and caused him to hit his head. Also, I don't understand the hate for new Chris. Fans complained that Chris was a generic hero and he has no personality, Capcom gives him more personality in this game and yet people still complain. You can't please everyone.

Edit: Something just came to my mind, in Damnation trailer Ada says I've been sent here by the BSAA so she is most likely on good terms with BSAA. Chris sees her in Edonia (this is in the Captivate Trailer) thinking its Ada and probably trusts her since shes good with the BSAA, she then turns on him and his team and kills the team. While going on to spread the C-virus globally all across the world. I would want to put a bullet in that bitch too if she back stabbed me like that lol. I'm liking Carla Radames a lot now. Carla is basically Ada's doppelganger.

meh, to each his own.

Your obviously not going to change your stance on this and neither am I so lets agree to disagree shall we?

But before we do I want to point out that I'm not "complaining" just for the sake of complaining.

I had no problem with Chris's character before this and didn't see him as "generic".

But even if he was "generic" I don't see how making him revenge driven gives him "more of a personality".

I think RE5 did a good job giving him enough of a "personality" and provided more insight on his character.

So I hardly see how this is Capcom FINALLY giving him more personality.

But as I said, to each his own.

tharsheblows

meh, to each his own.

Your obviously not going to change your stance on this and neither am I so lets agree to disagree shall we?

But before we do I want to point out that I'm not "complaining" just for the sake of complaining.

I had no problem with Chris's character before this and didn't see him as "generic".

But even if he was "generic" I don't see how making him revenge driven gives him "more of a personality".

I think RE5 did a good job giving him enough of a "personality" and provided more insight on his character.

So I hardly see how this is Capcom FINALLY giving him more personality.

But as I said, to each his own.

Well only you are saying that he is revenge driven in this thread so far, I only stated that he is more aggressive due to the events of Edonia. As a person goes through life crises and events a personality changes. A person would have to live in a vacuum to not be affected in someway by the events that they participate in. A outgoing person who experiences a great deal of tragedy may become quiet and introspective. An individual who is shy as a child may become outgoing and gregarious as they become to participate in more activities during school and their esteem increases. We are not seeing the same personality that Chris had in RE5 and he has more personality in this game than previous installments.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well only you are saying that he is revenge driven in this thread so far.

Actually Capcom implies this as well when they point out that we are going to be seeing a "Darker" Chris in this game who is seeking revenge for his fallen comrades.

Its pretty obvious at this point that he is "revenge driven".

And as I said earlier, that doesn't mean that he isn't a good guy anymore or that he is going to just let innocent people die, but it does mean that a big part of his motives along with stopping the bioterror attack is getting revenge for his fallen comrades.

Now another thing you keep trying to do is "reason" why he is like this, so let me set the record straight, I am NOT saying that its unreasonable for him to be like this, given what happened he has every right to be ****ed and revenge driven.

But do I have to agree with this new change in his character?

heck no.

Its like when a child who was abused and tortured by his parents grows up to be a serial killer.

Sure its understandable how he got there, but obviously I am not going to agree with it.

Its completely understanadable how Chris got to this point, but my point is that I do not like this change in his character.

This is ALL opinions between you and I right now.

As I said earlier, your not going to change my stance on this nor am I going to change yours, so the best thing to do would be to agree to disagree.

If you keep replying to me I can guarantee you this will go on forever without accomplishing anything lol.

So agreeing to disagree would be best.

Top Bottom